Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
W

What's funny to me is almost all of them has 'sport' in their names and the logo is always red and white.
Sport is the section of the paper not the name, and they're known as the redtops for a reason

Well that would be a complete waste of time

Losing 4-0 against Brentford was his first big defeat, it would be sort of poetic if his last match was a defeat against them. Completely pointless and needless, but poetic.

This is where I appreciate LVG. The man had a plan , yes a big snooze fest but probably we played with a style during his time .

Not that I liked his game but everyone knew what we will do . We always had a plan. All other managers post SAF looked like they could fail at any point of time.

Will always be grateful for Juanfield and that 4-2 derby win over City, how on earth he survived that diabolical December 2015 I don't know

I keep updating this thread as if it were a big transfer. Just sack him, please.

I find that idea pretty unusual. Imagine being captain of the Titanic and finding out you're going to hit an iceberg well in advance and you just plough on anyway becasue reasons.
Reminds me of that Craig Burley video from last week saying we hit the iceberg, then reversed and hit it again to see if it's as bad as it was the first time.

Nah we will beat Brentford 1-0 and all have the joys of Erik's big beaming smile at another clean sheet and the tide being turned.
We are not beating Brentford.
We somehow beat them last year after MCT scored 2 goals in 95 and 96 mins..
They have been giving us issues since Oles time..
Erik lost to them even the season before

Is anyone else annoyed he's gone on holiday?

His job is probably safe, yet the performances have been utterly abject, so why isn't he working with the coaching staff, and players (many not going as we've been so bad) on trying to improve things?

His job is probably safe, yet the performances have been utterly abject, so why isn't he working with the coaching staff, and players (many not going as we've been so bad) on trying to improve things?

God I would love them to turn up and sack him

It’s the perfect game to show whether we are improving. They are a good team, but a good consistent performance should see them off 3 out of 4 times.

If we play like we did against Spurs and Porto, we lose for sure.

Very odd timing for a holiday. My spider senses are tingling. Possibility he already knows and has been told to lie low.

Still staggers me he ever got appointed
Listen closely. Moyes is actually talking about EtH's interviews, he's saying nothing about his actual coaching. He more or less praises him for answering journalist questions :lol:

Ole has never managed us against Brentford.

I was mostly just having a little joke about how things could go rather than giving a prediction but I'm sure we can beat Brentford.

Every time I look away from work laptop, I refresh redcafe hoping for that "he's been sacked" dagger

I need it to drop as soon as possible

We've already thrown it away.

The issue here is more than that. As a player, how would you feel when a person like Neville and media members keep seeking out individuals for bad performances despite following manager's instructions. De Ligt, Ugarte and Zirkzee just got here and they've been lumped as trash in a matter of weeks despite putting in performances that have saved the team. They get judged after 7 weeks, yet this manager who has has failed us for 3 years has people supporting him.

As fans, how seriously can we take a club that isn't serious about our performances and where we want to be. A club that frivolously throws away seasons to save face instead of acting and sacking managers. We don't operate like we NEED success. We care more about optics than our reality, and that, more than anything has led to our downfall.
Good post; the way players get binned off in such immediate shrift, yet a manager is allowed to tank us to quite a bit of indifference is staggering.
It's trying anything not to get sacked at this point. That's likely all It's ever going to be from hereonin, which is massively counterproductive for the club. It's going to be disjointed teams playing utterly dour stuff because he'll be in full self-preservation mode.
Very important point, this.

And Rangnick beat them twice. 3-0, 3-1
True, very comfortably. Against ETH we struggled against them in every single game, lost 4-0 there and should have probably lost 3-0 last season as well, barely won 1-0 at OT in his first season and pulled off a miracle win last year as well. He's been so badly outcoached by Frank.

Every time I look away from work laptop, I refresh redcafe hoping for that "he's been sacked" dagger

I need it to drop as soon as possible
And followed by ‘Ineos appoint fecking Southgate’ announcement. I almost want it to happen just to spoil your day.