Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a thread. People claiming the new structure is toothless, clueless and worse because they won't sack EtH today (at a regularly scheduled meeting) or that Ruud would be a good interim (wait what? A United legend, he did well for a little while in Holland? And came here to improve our strikers... oh right), or that fans are giving up on the club? Give up then if that's how you back the team Having supported United through relegation (and would again) not to mention some pretty dire seasons over the last 50 years, I'm amazed people think firing ten Hag a few games after giving him their backing following a review would seem anything other than clueless and reactionary. I don't want a reaction from SJR and co based on media mayhem and fan outrage, I want rational decisions based on a long-term plan. We are continually reminded that they have one. Maybe we'd all like to be personally informed what that is but it doesn't work like this. By all means be open to change, but do so with a clear eye on the right coach and the right coach after that if necessary given our new set up, not on who's there now or who's available. Yes we're in trough and I am as ftrustated as everyone else at the way we're playing and how EtH seems unable to explain what he's doing, but I think sacking now and appointing Tuchel when he apparently was not the best fit in June, or worse, Southgate or Ruud, would not suggest the plan has much thought put into it.

Imagine the meltdown if they keep Ten Hag and Utd lose to Brentford

Picture ten hag smiling awkwardly down the camera for Halloween fixtures. Nightmare on Busby Way
mick.gif

The fact that we've had only one decent run of games under him that lasted only 10 or so games is enough to sack him.

We will need to stand firmly behind him if that happens. Need to show him support. We are Erik's red and white army.

ETH brought us to a level where most of us agree that it's more likely that United loses to Brendtford than to actually win.
And we also agree that any win would be painful, lucky and decided by individual moment.

THIS is how far we've fallen.

What a thread. People claiming the new structure is toothless, clueless and worse because they won't sack EtH today (at a regularly scheduled meeting) or that Ruud would be a good interim (wait what? A United legend, he did well for a little while in Holland? And came here to improve our strikers... oh right), or that fans are giving up on the club? Give up then if that's how you back the team Having supported United through relegation (and would again) not to mention some pretty dire seasons over the last 50 years, I'm amazed people think firing ten Hag a few games after giving him their backing following a review would seem anything other than clueless and reactionary. I don't want a reaction from SJR and co based on media mayhem and fan outrage, I want rational decisions based on a long-term plan. We are continually reminded that they have one. Maybe we'd all like to be personally informed what that is but it doesn't work like this. By all means be open to change, but do so with a clear eye on the right coach and the right coach after that if necessary given our new set up, not on who's there now or who's available. Yes we're in trough and I am as ftrustated as everyone else at the way we're playing and how EtH seems unable to explain what he's doing, but I think sacking now and appointing Tuchel when he apparently was not the best fit in June, or worse, Southgate or Ruud, would not suggest the plan has much thought put into it.

How about we just live for the now to ensure we are in the best position to improve next season and start the process off again in the summer.

All this mythical long term plan and great fans who witnessed us being relegated in yesteryear means diddly squat.

The manager had ran his course and failed. Its time for someone new to take the reign and if they cannot do this with us keeping continuity with this “long term plan” then maybe Ashworth and Berarda aren’t fit for purpose too.

ETH brought us to a level where most of us agree that it's more likely that United loses to Brendtford than to actually win.
And we also agree that any win would be painful, lucky and decided by individual moment.

THIS is how far we've fallen.

Not expecting relegation though. So quite some way to go yet.

How about we just live for the now to ensure we are in the best position to improve next season and start the process off again in the summer.

All this mythical long term plan and great fans who witnessed us being relegated in yesteryear means diddly squat.

The manager had ran his course and failed. Its time for someone new to take the reign and if they cannot do this with us keeping continuity with this “long term plan” then maybe Ashworth and Berarda aren’t fit for purpose too.

Ashworth and Berrada have barely had time to set up their home office. It's hardly their fault.

Plans change mate.

It definitely seems that they are giving Ten Hag a much longer rope.

If the decision has been made to sack , the press would have leaked it by now.

Not expecting relegation though. So quite some way to go yet.

Ashworth and Berrada have barely had time to set up their home office. It's hardly their fault.

Settling up a new academy structure sure. Deciding on who should coach the first team and what style of manager they want doesn’t take 6-12 months. I can do it in the week. Hire me if they have too.

We will need to stand firmly behind him if that happens. Need to show him support. We are Erik's red and white army.
You’ll be on your own there mate ….just yourself and Erik very romantic

Regardless of who the manager is; if our players don’t exact revenge on Brentford, we deserve where we are.

The last game against Brentford was our worst performance last season by far. We lost the duels, didn’t press as a unit, did not track back and turned over the ball continuously.

I think what we expect at the minimum from our players is a fighting spirit, hard work and to not be an idiot. It should not be hard to improve on that performance.

What's scary is that we have only played Liverpool at Home and have yet to come up against City Arsenal or even Newcastle Chelsea

At this point, you do have to think the sacking is inevitable.

Perhaps they are using this time till the next international break to advance discussions with the targets.

It should not be that there's a minor uptick in form and then he gets more money to spend.

At this point, you do have to think the sacking is inevitable.

Perhaps they are using this time till the next international break to advance discussions with the targets.

It should not be that there's a minor uptick in form and then he gets more money to spend.
Still no reason not to sack him and appoint someone like Ruud as an interim

When is this interview from?
I think he went to India for some ayurveda rejuvenation in the southern state of Kerala and to spend some time alone with his partner after his sacking at Chelsea.

Settling up a new academy structure sure. Deciding on who should coach the first team and what style of manager they want doesn’t take 6-12 months. I can do it in the week. Hire me if they have too.

They've been in their positions for two months...

Being dragged on this. When’s the meeting end?

After dinner, but before the evening drinks?

Why are you still doing this gimmick? Does it mentally make you feel more fulfilled or what?
I’m not really, everyone knows I’m ETH out and have been clear about that for weeks. Just find the whole situation annoying and need to vent here and there.

What I’m seeing is Ratcliffe likes Tuchel and would have hired him already in the summer but Omar and Ashworth don’t want to sack a manager they’ve backed. I don’t get who gets the final say the actual owners or the footballing people that have been put in charge?

You’ll be on your own there mate ….just yourself and Erik very romantic
Nah I’m fully EtH out. I think match going fans will largely support him still, remember he got quite a bit of applause after Newcastle game last year when he was doing his end of season stand up.

Nah I’m fully EtH out. I think match going fans will largely support him still, remember he got quite a bit of applause after Newcastle game last year when he was doing his end of season stand up.

I don't think, I think they'll support the team (at first) - but his name isn't really being sung or anything like that. He gets some gentle applause when he walks out of the tunnel before the game, but thats about it.

If the Spurs game is anything to go by, if the game isn't going our way then it's not really a pleasent atmosphere.

What I’m seeing is Ratcliffe likes Tuchel and would have hired him already in the summer but Omar and Ashworth don’t want to sack a manager they’ve backed. I don’t get who gets the final say the actual owners or the footballing people that have been put in charge?

It's a three way vote between Ratcliffe, Joel Glazer and Dave Brailsford. In all likelihood the football people recommended replacing Ten Hag in their report this summer, and explored alternatives - which is why every single press outlet in the country went out and said he would be done regardless of what happened during the final - but the decision-makers didn't want to make a perceived unpopular decision by sacking a FA Cup winning manager.

Big day today. Basically a public announcement of weather the club cares about football performance under the new ownership.

Under the Glazers they admitted they didn't.

If we keep ETH that's Ineos admitting they don't either. So it's a big fecking day all things considered

Big day today. Basically a public announcement of weather the club cares about football performance under the new ownership.

Under the Glazers they admitted they didn't.

If we keep ETH that's Ineos admitting they don't either. So it's a big fecking day all things considered
When you put it like that.. agreed.