Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah he was, as soon as he was promoted from interim it went to shit. The final few months had a similar feeling to now, we were expecting to lose all our games.

Promoted to permanent manager in March 2019. Started going to shit in September 2021. You're just conveniently going to ignore the 2.5 years inbetween where it absolutely wasn't "shit"?

What is this ranking? What does it take into account?

The bigger the rank difference between two teams, the more points dropped/gained for a result. So if a team sitting on 2000 play a team on 1500, they'll gain very little for winning, drop a lot for losing, and drop a lot but less for drawing. Vice versa for the other team.

Not a great sign if Ratcliffe wants to override the footballing structure's decision.

Whether it's the right decision or not to sack ETH now, he's not qualified to tell the likes of Wilcox, Ashworth and Berrada what to do.

London? likely some shite pret buffet.

Get the feeling Ratcliffe will order sushi so they will all follow suit and sit there the whole time wishing they had a meal deal whilst Ratcliffe doesn't even touch it.

Apart from Wilcox who will order a burger and chips and eat it happily.

Yeah, I don't get this whole budget/financial aspect. Makes us sound like we're Barnsley. A club like United being in a situation where they can't win a game of football, or score goals surely equates to an emergency situation. Whatever budget is place needs to be put in the bin now.
It should be budgeted for under these circumstances.

You aren't allowed to under the bylines and regulations that the PLC operates under. It is required that all decisions that could substantially alter the share price, financial situation and/or operation of the business is subject to board approval. Hiring and firing the manager falls under that category.

So the best cause of action is just to follow normal procedure and take it up to a vote when the CEO makes a recommendation.

The whole Man Utd can't afford to sack the manager is also nonsense, because the manager isn't usually paid compensation in one lump sum.

Hopefully they make the right call and we can move on from this nightmare. It's been glaringly obvious where we've been heading for 12 months now. Some would say longer even.

ETH being confident in keeping his job isn’t a good sign. He also said he spoke to them after the villa game.

Will there be a post meeting press conference? Never have I seen so much expectation and scrutiny on a routine monthly business meeting.
Agreed, it is crazy the amount of coverage that is happening over a business review.

They must know that the general public and media will be expecting something.

The whole situation is utterly bonkers. The decision should be the easiest one they've ever made. At any other club he'd have already been gone and not a single person would've been surprised.

I think he meant that the older, loyal fans are passing due to age and other factors. The younger fans who are getting into football, are less and less likely to be picking Manchester United.
My lad is 15 and supports United by default (or should that be "my fault"?) Bar the odd mostly forgettable trophy, he has only ever known us to be turd. I feel quite sorry for him as a lot of his mates are Citeh supporters in what has and continues to be their golden era. I actually said to him a few years back, "Look, don't support United just because I do. It's up to you who you support and I would totally understand if you went for another team because we are utter turd and have been for a long time." To his credit he stuck by us, but I don't half feel like a fraud.

The whole situation is utterly bonkers. The decision should be the easiest one they've ever made. At any other club he'd have already been gone and not a single person would've been surprised.

And there wouldn't be such fecking furore about sacking a ridiculously underachieving manager.

Will there be a post meeting press conference? Never have I seen so much expectation and scrutiny on a routine monthly business meeting.

Is it routine?

If the largest and second largest shareholders typically don't attend a specific meeting and then suddenly do is that not a significant deviation from the routine? Especially for a business that is very publicly experiencing some turbulence.

Madrid and Bayern would’ve sacked him 4 times over by now. Chelsea 3 times over. Barca 3 times over.

We are a joke.

ETH being confident in keeping his job isn’t a good sign. He also said he spoke to them after the villa game.
ETH was confident whilst United were openly interviewing and meeting up with other potential managers, it’s all a front on ETH’s side as no human being could be confident when your bosses are openly trying to replace you.

Mental when you think it was only 1-0 at HT in that game at Anfield and we looked the better team if memory serves me right. I could never have imagined the horror show coming
Yep agreed. I remember thinking we had a chance and could get back into the game in the second half. 6 goals later…

Yeah good manager for sure. Struggled at Bayern and didn't exactly set the world alight at PSG though so I'm not expecting him to come in and win us the league. Would put us in the mix though.
His expected xGdiff at Bayern was 1.6. He got done by a once in a generation Leverkusen team. By comparison, Erik Ten Excuses has an expected xGdiff of -0.3 at United. There’s levels to managerial performance and Tuchel is as elite a manager as anny realistically available.