Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
1a4c63d3f79aa3631b2b69f0410e1280c72407ce.png

Wow. This is horrific. Lower than LVG and Mourinho. Lower than Moyes. Nowhere near Ole.

He’s 100% going. They would have leaked to the usual journalists before now that he’s still got backing if he was staying. The silence is a killer for ETH.

They wanted him gone in the summer and he survived purely because they couldn’t get Tuchel. This will be the second time they’re having a meeting to discuss the managers position that in itself is ridiculous

What's giving you that confidence when the mood in here is generally he's staying for now

Wait ‘till Christmas it’ll be another season gone and this circus will continue
I would say this season has already gone, unfortunately.
United are 10 points behind Liverpool already and that's only likely to get bigger. At this point in the season, they're already asking Liverpool to lose 3 games and draw 1, just to get equal. To put that into perspective, they only lost 4 games all season last year.
United have already lost this season, in just 7 games, that City lost all season, 3.

This season is already done, it's more about building for the following season. Again.

United are 10 points behind Liverpool already and that's only likely to get bigger. At this point in the season, they're already asking Liverpool to lose 3 games and draw 1, just to get equal. To put that into perspective, they only lost 4 games all season last year.
United have already lost this season, in just 7 games, that City lost all season, 3.

This season is already done, it's more about building for the following season. Again.
Our aim should be 4th,which is still achievable if we replace Ten Hag with somebody who is competent

INEOS appoint the best in the land at board level & we all clamour for elite appointments.

We do and because they talk to people who aren’t the shiny toy of the month it’s all “doesnt inspire confidence does it” - Lord help us.

And to be fair, the past has lead us to an unrealistic level of expectation, Man Utd fans expect the best and we were the best? Why were we the best? Because we had all the money and were streets ahead of everyone else.

Now the rest have caught up and have just as much, if not more money than us, we can’t expect them sort of levels anymore.

Now by no means do I not expect the best, but I don’t expect us to be head and shoulders above everyone because it’s not realistic anymore.
Good post. And going for managers that the fans want isn't always the best option. See ten Hag who 99% of the fanbase wanted.

The eye test is good enough for me and what I'm seeing is the worst quality of performances in the post-Ferguson era over the last 10 months, with the one exception of a very high quality win over City in the FA Cup final. It's time to put an end to our misery and bring in a new manager. Tuchel suits me fine, but if the alternative is Southgate then I'd rather keep Ruud as interim until the end of the season or even bring back Ole...but only until the end of the season.

Good post. And going for managers that the fans want isn't always the best option. See ten Hag who 99% of the fanbase wanted.

I wanted him because really thought he would be able to implement the Ajax style here, however my faith in him was in pieces after the 7-0. Sad really because was fully supportive after that League Cup final win.

I think that's a bit premature.

The majority would take top 4 now, and did we really expect to be going for the title this season or were we aiming for progress and top 4 (Judging by Burrada' comments)? Top 4 is achievable and we still have Europa, FA Cup and League Cup as well.

This season is still saveable for a decent season. I just hope that is the thing that saves EtH as opposed to a positive for moving him on.

Was Ole really that bad?

He was bad. Just not this bad. Too many rose tinted classes from some people looking back at the Ole era.

What utter tosh. Fanbase hasn’t dwindled.

If you stop supporting the club because we finish 14th you were never a fan in the first place. I’d still support United if we got relegated and millions of others would.

(& I’m talking “you” as in generally here, not you personally)
I think he meant that the older, loyal fans are passing due to age and other factors. The younger fans who are getting into football, are less and less likely to be picking Manchester United.

He was bad. Just not this bad. Too many rose tinted classes from some people looking back at the Ole era.

As an outsider who doesn't watch all United games my impression back then was that even if the results were up and down, at least it was enjoyable to watch a lot of the time. Highscoring games for good or ill. Every game I've seen under ETH has been like watching paint dry, peaking with the villa game this weekend. Probably one of the worst games I've seen in years entertainment wise.

Just the eye test though.

I think that's a bit premature.

The majority would take top 4 now, and did we really expect to be going for the title this season or were we aiming for progress and top 4? I don't know. We still have Europa, FA Cup and League Cup as well.

This season is still saveable for a decent season. I just hope that is the thing that saves EtH as opposed to a positive for moving him on.

There’s absolutely no way ETH could make top 4 ….cups more often luck of the draw

You think the season is done because we're 10pts behind the leader at this stage? You aimed for the title in 24/25?

The season in in early stages, plenty opportunities still to make it a good one.

Could still be something announced in the afternoon, right? This sure does feel like Halloween season, and looks like they're keeping him around for the biggest horror show we've ever seen.

The leaks indicate he won't be sacked.

It's a shame because I don't think he's turning this around and it will carry on until Christmas time

Could still be something announced in the afternoon, right? This sure does feel like Halloween season, and looks like they're keeping him around for the biggest horror show we've ever seen.
The meeting probably hasn't even happened yet, it's only half 10. Nothing was ever going to be announced before this afternoon or tomorrow.

He had us playing at a similar level to Jose but without being able to win a cup final. It makes sense they peaked at the same ELO. Jose wins the Europa league then finishes second on 81 points the next season. Ole finishes second with 74 and gets to the Europa final.
We could have probably got to more than 74 points too if we had not secured top 3 spot that early that season. Towards the end of season we had to play 3 games in 4 days (Villa on May 9, Leicester on May 11 and Liverpool on May 13) which was ridiculous too.

It's possible that they are worried we'll get worse under an interim like we did with Rangnick. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses for their incompetence because I don't want to believe we're worse off than when the Glazers were running things.

I think he meant that the older, loyal fans are passing due to age and other factors. The younger fans who are getting into football, are less and less likely to be picking Manchester United.

Not even joking I see more kids in Spurs shirts nowadays than United. Then you have the City, Arsenal and Liverpool brigade.

Age is definitely a factor. My dad has supported Celtic all his life, but he's reached a point, along with a lot of his friends where he's just not that interested anymore, like he used to be. I guess you get football fatigue after a while.
As for younger fans, who are more fickle, it's true that they're more likely to pick the current inform team as much as anything else and seeing as that's not United, then it makes it harder to sustain. Like life, football is a trend for a lot of people.
It really hit home to me when I was in Barcelona a few months ago. Walking up and down the mainstream avenues towards the Sagrada, the touristy shops had plenty of football shirts hanging up. Unexpectedly, there were Barca shirts with Lewondowskis name on the back, Madrid shirts with Bellinghams name, but the next one after those were City shirts with Haalands name on the back. Saw the odd Arsenal shirt.

Didn't once see a United shirt, which genuinely shocked me.

It's a shame because I don't think he's turning this around and it will carry on until Christmas time

I seen plenty of so called leaks yesterday saying he'd be gone this morning. Hopefully nobody knows anything.

If they stick with ETH I'll lose faith

If they finally sack him and appoint Southgate I'll lose faith

Just feels like a big part of their decision to keep will be because they don't want to admit to making the wrong call in the summer in keeping him

The football is absolutely horrific, a complete and utter bore fest with no signs of improvement, more massive regression

If we appoint someone (NOT GS) now, it gives them almost a free hit this season to start getting their tactics, coaching and system in place ready to properly hit the ground running next season. Will also give them time to complete a Ralph like audit and see who are the bad apples and should be moved on in the summer. Yes we should be getting top 4 however it seems that's no longer a requirement of Manchester United managers, how we used to mock that being a bare minimum with the top 4 trophy....

I think our God awful BORING football won't help attract fans, remember how exciting we used to be

"Can Manchester United score, they always score" was a line that gave me goosebumps. Now it seems we can't ever score bar in a game against lower league opposition.

Yeah he was, as soon as he was promoted from interim it went to shit. The final few months had a similar feeling to now, we were expecting to lose all our games.
I'd love to have seen how he would have done without bringing Ronaldo in.

Picture ten hag smiling awkwardly down the camera for Halloween fixtures. Nightmare on Busby Way

Well I will remain meh about results until he's gone and INEOS bottlers at making big decisions

You think the season is done because we're 10pts behind the leader at this stage? You aimed for the title in 24/25?

The season in in early stages, plenty opportunities still to make it a good one.
No I didn't aim for the title because I'm not mental, it was part of a conversation about ETH being allowed to stay until Christmas, you have to read the posts back in context.

I was using it as a gauge to highlight that even top four will be a stretch, that you can't afford to lose 3 games this early on in the season and then expect the top 4 teams to lose a handful of games, just so you can catch up. Once you start having to rely on other teams to lose so you can compete, well, that's a recipe for disaster, always has been.

And that's the important point I'm making here, 'catching up'. We're not even talking about being better than the top 4 teams, we're talking about just getting even, if that's remotely possible. It's an absolutely massive stretch, to then push on and actually be better than the current top 4 and it's then, with that thought in mind, that we get back to ETH and my original points about still being here at Christmas. That if he's is, then you can say right now that the season is a write-off, because he's not getting United back to a top four spot.

Under a new manager, then yes, the season isn't written off because they might be able to turn it around, but that's still not a guarantee, so as it stands right now, you can forget this season under ETH. I stand by my points 100%.

There's no magic pixie dust here.