Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another vote gone in for back, says to me there is an acceptance he's staying unfortunately

No I didn't aim for the title because I'm not mental, it was part of a conversation about ETH being allowed to stay until Christmas, you have to read the posts back in context.

I was using it as a gauge to highlight that even top four will be a stretch, that you can't afford to lose 3 games this early on in the season and then expect the top 4 teams to lose a handful of games, just so you can catch up. Once you start having to rely on other teams to lose so you can compete, well, that's a recipe for disaster, always has been.

And that's the important point I'm making here, 'catching up'. We're not even talking about being better than the top 4 teams, we're talking about just getting even, if that's remotely possible. It's an absolutely massive stretch, to then push on and actually be better than the current top 4 and it's then, with that thought in mind, that we get back to ETH and my original points about still being here at Christmas. That if he's is, then you can say right now that the season is a write-off, because he's not getting United back to a top four spot.

Under a new manager, then yes, the season isn't written off because they might be able to turn it around, but that's still not a guarantee, so as it stands right now, you can forget this season under ETH. I stand by my points 100%.

There's no magic pixie dust here.
I also thought you were trying to say the season was done, regardless of what we do. I agree that if we stick with Ten Hag, the season is already over. Making a change now can potentially recover the season. It's not a guarantee, but it's better to try and see what happens. We still have a lot of points to play for. Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle, and Brighton will drop points. We can get back up there.

We also have the other cups still to play for.

I also thought you were trying to say the season was done, regardless of what we do. I agree that if we stick with Ten Hag, the season is already over. Making a change now can potentially recover the season. It's not a guarantee, but it's better to try and see what happens. We still have a lot of points to play for. Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle, and Brighton will drop points. We can get back up there.

Spot on, unfortunately INEOS will let this get worse

Well I will remain meh about results until he's gone and INEOS bottlers at making big decisions
It makes supporting pretty torrid. On one hand you want the team to always do well but on the other winning a couple is akin to a sticking plaster on a festering wound.

It makes supporting pretty torrid. On one hand you want the team to always do well but on the other winning a couple is akin to a sticking plaster on a festering wound.

Yeah torrid is an understatement

I think he meant that the older, loyal fans are passing due to age and other factors. The younger fans who are getting into football, are less and less likely to be picking Manchester United.

Yup, I coach kids football and my wife does the same and United are basically a non factor.

He's like a jackdaw and shiny objects. Except he is not a good judge of which shiny objects he should be after.

Imagine spending all that money to buy a part of the club, watching how shit our football have been only to have a few in your management team tell you should still stick with this carcrash if a manager.

I’d probably sack those few idiots in the management team to be honest - all stats point at how bad the manager is. If they can’t see it maybe they’re not as good.

Feck this kids! Don’t they know United have won 2 trophies recently and kept several clean sheets?!

"In the last round of fixtures City, Arsenal, Spurs and Brighton kept no clean sheets. That's none for them and one for me. Respect man, respect."

"Who will have final call"

Either the journalist is talking complete nonsense or that's very weird. I'd be shocked if they went to the trouble of putting in this whole structure and the answer to that question was not established months ago (potentially contractually).
It's nonsense. Sacking a manager is a substantial financial cost that isn't budgeted for, and therefore subject to board approval. In their agreement Ratcliffe and the Glazers established a mini-board with authority on football decisions on behalf of the board of directors.

The Admin; CEO, DOf and Technical Director serve in an advisory capacity - which usually means they need to present the mini-board with options and recommendations, which the mini-board then votes on.

There are essentially three steps in this process. DoF and Technical director advise the CEO, the CEO advises the mini-board and the mini-board votes on a decision that the CEO is tasked with carrying out - usually by delegating it to the DoF.

So who has the final call? Jim Ratcliffe, Joel Glazer and Dave Brailsford.

I'm fully down for Tuchel coming in. Not an elite manager in my opinion but I think he gets us back into contention fairly quickly.

It's nonsense. Sacking a manager is a substantial financial cost that isn't budgeted for, and therefore subject to board approval. In their agreement Ratcliffe and the Glazers established a mini-board with authority on football decisions on behalf of the board of directors.

The Admin; CEO, DOf and Technical Director serve in an advisory capacity - which usually means they need to present the mini-board with options and recommendations, which the mini-board then votes on.

There are essentially three steps in this process. DoF and Technical director advise the CEO, the CEO advises the mini-board and the mini-board votes on a decision that the CEO is tasked with carrying out - usually by delegating it to the DoF.

So who has the final call? Jim Ratcliffe, Joel Glazer and Dave Brailsford.
It should be budgeted for under these circumstances.

Yup, I coach kids football and my wife does the same and United are basically a non factor.
I don't know how much this will hurt us though. We were probably a non factor with kids for 20 years before Fergie arrived and we did alright for the next 20.

Your opinion didn’t win the champions league in half a season.

Yeah good manager for sure. Struggled at Bayern and didn't exactly set the world alight at PSG though so I'm not expecting him to come in and win us the league. Would put us in the mix though.

Yeah good manager for sure. Struggled at Bayern and didn't exactly set the world alight at PSG though so I'm not expecting him to come in and win us the league. Would put us in the mix though.
Didn't he get PSG to a CL final whilst on crutches.

It should be budgeted for under these circumstances.

Yeah, I don't get this whole budget/financial aspect. Makes us sound like we're Barnsley. A club like United being in a situation where they can't win a game of football, or score goals surely equates to an emergency situation. Whatever budget is place needs to be put in the bin now.

I don't really keep track of journalists and the so called tier list that often gets mentioned here. (Is there a list of this somewhere?)

I find Jamie Jackson really annoying but is he rated as reliable?
He generally is, yes. Of course, the way this is phrased is such that he can be right even when he is wrong.

He generally is, yes. Of course, the way this is phrased is such that he can be right even when he is wrong.

Well it does back up the fact that Ratcliffe is very far from enamoured with Ten Hag. Something that a lot of us have thought for months.

Sadly perfect description of how I feel atm.