Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm 90% certain they'll just come out later today and say they are sticking with him and he's still their guy even though they understand results are not what is required

Ineos are muppets. So they wont sack him. And in case they do, you can bet on them appointing another idiot.

I don't see any credible source suggesting anything other than he is staying on.

That doesn't bother me as much now as a couple years ago, i think there's less leaks from the club than before.

Expect us to publicly back him today and vow to address squad issues that prevent him from achieving his targets.

If Southgate becomes the manager of Manchester United, I'll lose any faith and goodwill in Ineos and stop watching.

It's not worth it.

Although they should move him on, I'll be very surprised if they do. After backing him a month ago, their egos won't let them sack him right this minute and they'll let him stay till Christmas.
They'll then sack him before the January transfer window, as they won't want him blowing anymore cash on Anthony type signings.

We’re linked to quite a few guaranteed failures.

That's what worries me. The likes of Potter, Southgate, Martinez etc. would all be absolute failures. To even consider them is madness.

Look, it's early in INEOS' reign and I think they've made some massively questionable decisions to-date. I'm not fully writing them off, but I can't say I'm enthused so far.

Although they should move him on, I'll be very surprised if they do. After backing him a month ago, their egos won't let them sack him right this minute and they'll let him stay till Christmas.
They'll then sack him before the January transfer window, as they won't want him blowing anymore cash on Anthony type signings.
Wait ‘till Christmas it’ll be another season gone and this circus will continue

That's what worries me. The likes of Potter, Southgate, Martinez etc. would all be absolute failures. To even consider them is madness.

Look, it's early in INEOS' reign and I think they've made some massively questionable decisions to-date. I'm not fully writing them off, but I can't say I'm enthused so far.

I'm writing them off if he's here for Brentford

Is it the sort of holiday where he's packed up and taken everything he owns and put his house on the market?

When I read he went on holiday I did wonder if he already knows he is for the axe. It's not an uncommon move to depart abroad before bad news and avoid the press.

If INEOS decide to give him to the end of the season even if we remain in 14 position, then good luck to them. It's their money really. The fanbase has already started dwindling. There will come a time when it will tank. No new fans and old fans passing on. Yes, it's that bad.
Agreed. We are starting to have less and less fans the longer this shit goes on.

This standard of football continues and their bottom line will start to hurt.

Ineos are muppets. So they wont sack him. And in case they do, you can bet on them appointing another idiot.

It inspires very little confidence in INEOS thus far.
INEOS appoint the best in the land at board level & we all clamour for elite appointments.

We do and because they talk to people who aren’t the shiny toy of the month it’s all “doesnt inspire confidence does it” - Lord help us.

And to be fair, the past has lead us to an unrealistic level of expectation, Man Utd fans expect the best and we were the best? Why were we the best? Because we had all the money and were streets ahead of everyone else.

Now the rest have caught up and have just as much, if not more money than us, we can’t expect them sort of levels anymore.

Now by no means do I not expect the best, but I don’t expect us to be head and shoulders above everyone because it’s not realistic anymore.

Anyone whos worked with groups like this before will tell you that this will get caught up in meetings, opinions, mis-communication and panic.
They will not be making any swift decisions and the most likely outcome is he stays simply through indecision.

I guarantee their docket for these meetings would be rammed with useless shit that us fans dont give a toss about, things like "whats the budget for the womens showers" or "weve been in touch with x organisation to sponsor our tour next year" and they will spend a good hour or two talking about Dave whos the ceo and how he has an amazing collection of vintage cars etc etc, then as the day gets on a bit, theyll say "right after lunch ten hag..."

Theyll have a relatively quick conversation where they make no decision, realise they cant get anyone but Tuchel and just leave it as is, its already Tuesday and fast tracking interviews wont be worth it as they like to be measured.

Lastly its the worst start weve ever had, getting anywhere near top requires capitulation of 13 other teams and for us to improve massively BUT we are 7 games in so, lets leave it a bit and see what happens.

They are corporate business men and the world of corporate has a reputation of being ruthless, more often than not its slow, arduous and most of the time caught up in nonsense red tape and poilics.

Hes going absolutely no where, us fans suffer, they simply dont get it.

If INEOS decide to give him to the end of the season even if we remain in 14 position, then good luck to them. It's their money really. The fanbase has already started dwindling. There will come a time when it will tank. No new fans and old fans passing on. Yes, it's that bad.

What utter tosh. Fanbase hasn’t dwindled.

If you stop supporting the club because we finish 14th you were never a fan in the first place. I’d still support United if we got relegated and millions of others would.

(& I’m talking “you” as in generally here, not you personally)

When I read he went on holiday I did wonder if he already knows he is for the axe. It's not an uncommon move to depart abroad before bad news and avoid the press.

I had hoped that was the case but then remembered how confident he keeps talking