Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he survives this then he'll be here for the season at least. And it'll just get harder for them to sack him as now they've doubled down on their decision, so to have to sack him in another month would just look a whole lot worse on them. I think fans are going to turn on them before too long if they botch this one.

The worst thing is I'm not even convinced they're even considering it right now. The main journalists aren't even discussing it anymore.
Yeah no chance they fire him later in the season if they come to a decision that the first 7 games were good enough for him to continue. We will probably pick up a win here and there, especially against weaker teams, which will increase his stock even higher in their eyes.

They will reassess him at the end of season and will have to decide whether to support him with additional money and players or let him go.

It is a mental illness of this fanbase to declare a season over long before christmas. It's so weird. How did this become such a brain rotted bunch of football viewers?

It's also based on no real logic or sense that if he survives this he will stay on all season? If he stays, things will get worse. This isn't the management sack window, it can happen whenever.

Even if decision is made today, they arent going to jump out of the meeting and announce the decision like a court case to the waiting press.
If he is sacked or kept the announce will likely be next week so they can get ducks in a row.

It is a mental illness of this fanbase to declare a season over long before christmas. It's so weird. How did this become such a brain rotted bunch of football viewers?
Because Mbeuno has more league goals than our entire team.

He'll be in charge for the Fenerbache game against Mourinho. You can just picture it.

I don't see any credible source suggesting anything other than he is staying on.

I don't know what others have read for all these "STOP IT NOTHING IS HAPPENING TODAY", beyond it being an attempt at self preservation of your own mood? No ones got a fecking clue.

It's more to counter the belief from some that he's definitely gone. If it's any better, imo absolutely nothing is happening today. I think at least one credible source would have been briefed by now if he were getting sacked. I'm 100% confident he'll be in the dugout for the Brentford game.

Would it be considered tragic or funny if they keep him and then he loses to Brentford?
There’s nothing funny about keeping him, regardless of the imcoming results after the break. It’s only tragic. I cant watch our club implode and laugh.
We will know for sure that we have a mix of clowns and leech owners though. Hopefully todays decision will show that the new owners are not clowns. Hopefully.

It's also based on no real logic or sense that if he survives this he will stay on all season? If he stays, things will get worse. This isn't the management sack window, it can happen whenever.

If he doesn't get sacked after this, what makes you think he'll get sacked at any point before Christmas?

We have enough "nice" fixtures that he can pull his customary result out of the bag.

Even if decision is made today, they arent going to jump out of the meeting and announce the decision like a court case to the waiting press.
If he is sacked or kept the announce will likely be next week so they can get ducks in a row.
Eh they there's zero per cent chance of that happening. If he's sacked it'll be announced immediately. When a sacking happens, the news is released straight away.

Imagine if they don’t sack him and everyone has to go through this circus again in a few weeks time.

Imagine if they don’t sack him and everyone has to go through this circus again in a few weeks time.

At least online I just think people will get more and more apathetic and detached from it. You have to if you've got any sense. Old Trafford will get more and more toxic though if this continues like it looks like it will.

It's hardly mental illness when we've seen it happen 4 times in 6 years now. Mourinho in 18/19, Solskjaer in 21/22, Ten Hag last year and again this year. The mental illness is those who repeatedly allow it to happen without taking action. We'll never be a competitive outfit if we continue to allow managers to drive our results into the ground to the point of despair.

He can get sacked at any point but the longer we leave it, the more the situation will fester. Lessons should have been learned from keeping him on in the summer, and frankly, he could've been sacked multiple times over before we even reached that point.

Work finished for the day. Now for some good United news please.

I mean I’m not sure I can ever find United losing funny if I’m honest.
Not so much United losing. But seeing a man clearly unsuited to a role being allowed to carry on is quite funny. He's the Homer Simpson of Manchester United. Ratcliffe the Mr Burns who keeps him around for reasons unknown. Brailsford is Smithers.

Was today’s board meeting set up specifically to discuss the managerial position?

If so I can’t see how Ten Hag can survive any longer.

Was today’s board meeting set up specifically to discuss the managerial position?
Apparently it's a regularly scheduled one. But the timing and current situation put the spotlight on it, much more than usual.

Apparently, had been scheduled weeks out. Anyway, meeting agendas can change so no worries.

He’s on holiday at Butlins in Minehead. Stephen Mulhern got him up yesterday as part of his ‘Mullers does Magic’ show, where he flat out refused to disappear. He looked in good spirits and said he was looking forward to going swimming today.

Apparently it's a regularly scheduled one. But the timing and current situation put the spotlight on it, much more than usual.

To me it says either he gets sacked today, or we're stuck with him for another couple of losses minimum.

You kind of have to prepare yourself to the chance of him staying. Just is a real possibilty.
I can not sit here waiting for the big news and take the disappointment of nothing happening.
It is just football after all. Wont cry, promise

Its a bit frustrating that the hierarchy cannot see through this and sack him. In the last week alone, there is more reason to sack him than not.

1. Lost heavily to Spurs - deserved to lose by at least 4 goals.
2. Porto losing a 2 goal lead and then deserved to concede 4 goals. Taking of Rashford at half time when he was all over the RB, shows lack of in game management
3. Villa - played a team that is more about saving his job than building for something.

When a manager has to resort to Eriksen, Maguire, Evans in a must win game when those are players who you would say wouldn't get in to the "strongest 11". It just shows lack of coaching, motivation and everything that a manager needs to do.

Apparently - key word here - it's just a standard business meeting that was already scheduled.

No. Monthly meeting, standard to have it organised conveniently during internationals.

Its a bit frustrating that the hierarchy cannot see through this and sack him. In the last week alone, there is more reason to sack him than not.

1. Lost heavily to Spurs - deserved to lose by at least 4 goals.
2. Porto losing a 2 goal lead and then deserved to concede 4 goals. Taking of Rashford at half time when he was all over the RB, shows lack of in game management
3. Villa - played a team that is more about saving his job than building for something.

When a manager has to resort to Eriksen, Maguire, Evans in a must win game when those are players who you would say wouldn't get in to the "strongest 11". It just shows lack of coaching, motivation and everything that a manager needs to do.
What's worse is that those players are likely not going to be here next season.

It's trying anything not to get sacked at this point. That's likely all It's ever going to be from hereonin, which is massively counterproductive for the club. It's going to be disjointed teams playing utterly dour stuff because he'll be in full self-preservation mode.

Reactions: Fortitude

That is my point.. you are as a club saying we are building, patience etc... we are targeting to win in a few years time the league. So why would you field a team where you know the players are not for the future, what exactly is that going to do?

There is no point signing players for the first 11 when the manager refuses to use them.

If he survives this then he'll be here for the season at least. And it'll just get harder for them to sack him as now they've doubled down on their decision, so to have to sack him in another month would just look a whole lot worse on them. I think fans are going to turn on them before too long if they botch this one.

The worst thing is I'm not even convinced they're even considering it right now. The main journalists aren't even discussing it anymore.

I said it last time and I'll say it again they run a tight ship and they'll be no leaks to the press before the decision is made. This isn't Woodward.

They aren't going to undermine the manager until the decision is made and why the feck would they? It makes no sense to do so.

We just need to be patient and wait for the outcome.

If INEOS decide to give him to the end of the season even if we remain in 14 position, then good luck to them. It's their money really. The fanbase has already started dwindling. There will come a time when it will tank. No new fans and old fans passing on. Yes, it's that bad.

If he doesn't get sacked it shows us a lot sooner that Ashworth and Berrada aren't the guys to get us back to running like a competent club

How can you sit there and have a guy that has given you the worst start ever and think "we'll give him more time". Where is the line for them? When we are in the relegation zone?

If they don’t sack him, I’m like to know what conditions they’ll set for making that call down the line. The INEOS team has been pretty tight-lipped, so sadly we probably won’t know anything until it happens except for more speculation.

No. Monthly meeting, standard to have it organised conveniently during internationals.

Apparently standard meeting between execs but doesn’t usually include SJR or Joel Glazer, the addition of those two is why it’s gaining more traction.