Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
W
It's a tradition

3C1598D300000578-4114940-This_Sun_back_page_with_a_turnip_superimposed_on_Taylor_s_head_c-a-35_1484257573726.jpg
What's funny to me is almost all of them has 'sport' in their names and the logo is always red and white.

We need a short sharp shock that actually shocks the players. Tuchel for 2 years will do for me just fine. Anything longer these days would be a bonus.

Yeah I'm confident if we could get him in that he will immediately raise the standards needed

Last season Maguire helped him during tough times now it's Evans. None of whom is a part of his 'proper team building' and 'football style'. One is old the other is ancient. You can't make this shit up.

I don’t believe for a second ten Hag believes his job is safe.

It’s all for show on all sides at the moment:

ten Hag has to have a show of strength if there’s even a slim chance he’s staying otherwise it’s a sign of weakness and increases his chances of being sacked.

Everyone with a say on the issue - Ratcliffe, Berada, Ashworth, Wilcox etc etc are going to give a united front - until the decision is made, and it’s a decision that requires a formal process and consensus, it’s no single person’s place to suggest to ten Hag he’s about to be sacked and would be wholly unprofessional if they did.

So ten Hag will no doubt know deep down tha most likely scenario is that he gets the sack but nobody is going to admit that until it’s done.

Decision has already been made, the owners just need to formally agree and sign it off
So they need to agree that he’s staying a bit longer. Apparently he’s done one and gone on holiday. Similar to the summer situation

Is it the sort of holiday where he's packed up and taken everything he owns and put his house on the market?

It would be on brand for this club to appoint Tuchel after spending loads in the window on eth players, he’ll probably come in discard half and demand new ones.

What a fecking mess this club has become. INEOS look no better than the Glazers.

No chance he is getting sacked. Earliest chance of it happening is whenever the next break is.

It would be on brand for this club to appoint Tuchel after spending loads in the window on eth players, he’ll probably come in discard half and demand new ones.

What a fecking mess this club has become. INEOS look no better than the Glazers.
Jesus wept why do people keep peddling this line when it’s been stated it wasn’t even correct

No chance he is getting sacked. Earliest chance of it happening is whenever the next break is.

If he survives this then he'll be here for the season at least. And it'll just get harder for them to sack him as now they've doubled down on their decision, so to have to sack him in another month would just look a whole lot worse on them. I think fans are going to turn on them before too long if they botch this one.

The worst thing is I'm not even convinced they're even considering it right now. The main journalists aren't even discussing it anymore.

He'll stay till Christmas at least. The owners will let this situation turn beyond ugly before they accept their mistake of giving him an extension and buying more Dutch/ex-players for him in the summer. The 7 games before the next international break aren't too bad either. There are a couple of gimmes in those which would help him survive beyond the next international break.

Yep, this form is nothing new. People keep saying we need to act now to salvage this season. Forget this season. We wrote it off as soon as we decided to stick with Erik.

We now need to keep him to salvage future seasons. The mindset around this club and its managers needs to be completely changed in order for us to have any future success. We need to get the fan base to the point where they hold the managers accountable like the owners and players, so that if a future manager is quite clearly failing, we act quicker.

Sack him now and we're back on the same roundabout if the next guy fails, too. A year or two of unnecessarily prolonging their tenure because we can't accept that the manager isn't good enough.

If we do go this route of sacking ten Hag soon, I want to be wrong and see us change the culture around the way we view managers in the way @Fortitude posted here previously, but I just can't see things panning out that well for us.

This seems to be based on the extraordinary and absurd assumption that future success hinges on changing the mindset of fans.

It doesn't. We can have whatever mindset we want - pretty much the only thing that affects is how unhappy we are in our daily lives. So in effect, the argument boils down to sticking with EtH in order to teach a lesson to people who don't make decisions - and the lesson, somehow, is that in the future we need to do the opposite of that. Sorry mate, this is a complete trainwreck of an argument.

If he survives this then he'll be here for the season at least. And it'll just get harder for them to sack him as now they've doubled down on their decision, so to have to sack him in another month would just look a whole lot worse on them. I think fans are going to turn on them before too long if they botch this one.

The worst thing is I'm not even convinced they're even considering it right now. The main journalists aren't even discussing it anymore.

The closer we get to it being mathematically impossible to qualify for Europe, the harder it will be to justify sacking him until that happens, unfortunately. At that point you just have to ride it out and wait for it to be cheaper to sack him, because changing the manager won't actually help then. They need to make a decision now, not by Christmas when our season is unsalvagable.

Jesus wept why do people keep peddling this line when it’s been stated it wasn’t even correct

Come on now use some common sense

Different managers prefer different style of players according to the play style they want to implement. This isn’t a Utd thing it happens everywhere.

You have got a second bite of the cherry INEOS now don't mess this up, he really wanted the job in the summer so time to sort out those issues that kiboshed it last time
He is desperate for a PL gig and would love to join us. I'm surprised it broke down for money reasons, sort of don't believe it

Come on now use some common sense

Different managers prefer different style of players according to the play style they want to implement. This isn’t a Utd thing it happens everywhere.
Would almost be true if we hadn’t brought in a new football structure this window..

Would it be considered tragic or funny if they keep him and then he loses to Brentford?
Would sacking him and losing to Brentford be funny or tragic?

I want him gone but it doesn't automaticly mean our season is saved.

You kind of have to prepare yourself to the chance of him staying. Just is a real possibilty.
I can not sit here waiting for the big news and take the disappointment of nothing happening.
It is just football after all. Wont cry, promise

I don't know what others have read for all these "STOP IT NOTHING IS HAPPENING TODAY", beyond it being an attempt at self preservation of your own mood? No ones got a fecking clue.

It's interesting, that - the narrative ebbs and flows, and there seems to be a shared perception. You wonder if that's just a well-developed herd instinct, or if things are being briefed and word gets around. Or maybe both.

I struggle to understand by what arguments they would convince themselves that they are likely to get back on top of this situation. The rest of the world is obviously already convinced it was a big mistake to retain EtH. Arguably the cost to credibility, reputation and face is already bigger from keeping him than it would be for sacking him. And as long as we end up sacking him, the cost will increase the longer they wait. We're long, long past the point where doing so could be construed as rash or hasty. This is the sort of situation where doing nothing, or waiting, are among the more risky options available.

The only thing that can turn all of that around is if there's a lasting and major improvement in performance. But betting everything on that doesn't seem a very safe strategy to me.

Yep, this form is nothing new. People keep saying we need to act now to salvage this season. Forget this season. We wrote it off as soon as we decided to stick with Erik.

We now need to keep him to salvage future seasons. The mindset around this club and its managers needs to be completely changed in order for us to have any future success. We need to get the fan base to the point where they hold the managers accountable like the owners and players, so that if a future manager is quite clearly failing, we act quicker.

Sack him now and we're back on the same roundabout if the next guy fails, too. A year or two of unnecessarily prolonging their tenure because we can't accept that the manager isn't good enough.

If we do go this route of sacking ten Hag soon, I want to be wrong and see us change the culture around the way we view managers in the way @Fortitude posted here previously, but I just can't see things panning out that well for us.

There's 31 PL games left of this season.
The FA Cup campaign.
The League Cup campaign.
The Europa League campaign.

There's plenty to salvage if we act now.

I wanted him to go long before the FA Cup final, why should I (and others that lost faith) be subjected to this absolute basement football with manager who has no chance of turning this round? Just because of some romantic fans that won't admit he's dragging the club down?

Shocking source but I've just overheard on Absolute Radio News that ETH is set to stay on despite the poor start to the season. They didn't cite anybody but where on earth did they get that info from?