Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
C9C2A650-6ED0-4E58-A962-64B1DFD8C4D8.png
Bloody hell that’s one disturbing pic:lol:

Do we think Ten Hag uses shampoo or shower gel on his head when he's washing himself?
He first puts one drop at the back of his head then 3 drops just ahead of it, nothing in the middle and finally 6 drops at the front of his head and then spreads it chaotically and frantically back and forth. Heh. Good shower, heh.

Just pull the trigger already. Even if he’s a great coach, at this point, a change is needed.

He first puts one drop at the back of his head then 3 drops just ahead of it, nothing in the middle and finally 6 drops at the front of his head and then spreads it chaotically and frantically back and forth. Heh. Good shower, heh.

The image of ten hag shampooing his bald head frantically is now burned in my brain.
Cant award likes. You have my mental like. Heh.

(Proposal to change likes to simply 'heh')

This is just really sad. Of all the manager's we've had in recent years, ten Hag was the one I feel that most had optimism about. We all watched his swashbuckling Ajax in the CL over those seasons, and they were energetic, progressive, and could take it to the best of teams whether home or away. However have we arrived a point in which that manager struggles to get goals out of a squad?

This is just really sad. Of all the manager's we've had in recent years, ten Hag was the one I feel that most had optimism about. We all watched his swashbuckling Ajax in the CL over those seasons, and they were energetic, progressive, and could take it to the best of teams whether home or away. However have we arrived a point in which that manager struggles to get goals out of a squad?

You say you watched them over the seasons. Did you watch the years they got dumped out in the group stages and struggled in the Europa League? He was always a big gamble, he was living off a half decent CL run where he got knocked out by Spurs. Other than that, he was winning Eredivisie with a stacked squad, but there were grumblings about his football even at Ajax. He was never as sure a thing as people thought.

I think after two games he realized it wasn't on here and reverted to 'Ole ball' to get quick results, which worked and was what the team were comfortable with. Then he committed to try and become "the best transition team in the world" with even more direct football last season and it really backfired. Also, when he kept going on about "United DNA" that's always a slightly worrying thing.

All signs now point to an ETH exit. Hope this is the case
Problem is there’s no signs unless you’re on Twitter and you believe John living in his basement who has no job and loves gaming and been online

Why would we recreate someone who won less than ETH and has fake cgi hair and ants in his pants on the touchline?

Because he's one of the best managers in the world, who built one of the best squads in the world

The same swashbuckling Ajax that got knocked out of the CL semi by Tottenham? With Poch in charge?

The same swashbuckling Ajax that got knocked out of the CL semi by Tottenham? With Poch in charge?

A case study needs to be done about how Ajax escaped any and all ridicule over how the second leg of that semi-final played out. It's almost never brought up when talking about ETH's time at Ajax. "How could this great managerial talent that conquered Real Madrid and Juve fail so miserably here?" Like, it's pretty obvious mate. How many times have we seen the same exact type of match play out here since he joined? That is ETH. His shortcomings have been on display the whole time but football fans are blinded by romance.

There was no we all. I'm noticing more and more that the people who yelled for ten hag are now trying to say everyone wanted him when it clearly wasn't the case.

They obviously aren't cancelling the London meeting given that's the one Joel is supposedly attending with the other finance and commercial heavies.

If he's getting sacked that's where they'll rubber stamp it.
I thought I saw Joel was at Old Trafford?

Hate wanting a manager to go. Always want to give lads a good go but I just can't see the idea behind what were doing. Too any changes too often, no set strategy. Real shame, squads genuinely v decent.

As I said for McKenna, this squad will chew him away because they think they will be bigger than him. I think it could he a ‘Potter at Chelsea’ kind of situation. Tuchel commands respect and has authority.

That's a big reason why I want Tuchel and yes I know there are reasons he isn't suitable too

I’m actually inclining to side with you here. Many who were so firmly behind him after FA Cup final are now turning on him when we’ve simply maintained our form of the preceding 18 months, you can almost say we are getting exactly what we paid for. We have to stand by him after we made that decision, only if performances get worse than last season we can start thinking about replacing him but we won’t know until the end of year as Erik himself warned us - he might still win League Cup or FA Cup and earn himself another season even if we finish in the bottom half.

And even if Arteta and Klopp were quicker to turn things around (were they?), you cannot forget it took Ferguson more than 5 years. We have to give Erik at least that.
Yep, this form is nothing new. People keep saying we need to act now to salvage this season. Forget this season. We wrote it off as soon as we decided to stick with Erik.

We now need to keep him to salvage future seasons. The mindset around this club and its managers needs to be completely changed in order for us to have any future success. We need to get the fan base to the point where they hold the managers accountable like the owners and players, so that if a future manager is quite clearly failing, we act quicker.

Sack him now and we're back on the same roundabout if the next guy fails, too. A year or two of unnecessarily prolonging their tenure because we can't accept that the manager isn't good enough.

If we do go this route of sacking ten Hag soon, I want to be wrong and see us change the culture around the way we view managers in the way @Fortitude posted here previously, but I just can't see things panning out that well for us.

Yep, this form is nothing new. People keep saying we need to act now to salvage this season. Forget this season. We wrote it off as soon as we decided to stick with Erik.

We now need to keep him to salvage future seasons. The mindset around this club and its managers needs to be completely changed in order for us to have any future success. We need to get the fan base to the point where they hold the managers accountable like the owners and players, so that if a future manager is quite clearly failing, we act quicker.

Sack him now and we're back on the same roundabout if the next guy fails, too. A year or two of unnecessarily prolonging their tenure because we can't accept that the manager isn't good enough.

If we do go this route of sacking ten Hag soon, I want to be wrong and see us change the culture around the way we view managers in the way @Fortitude posted here previously, but I just can't see things panning out that well for us.
I honestly don't think we can afford to do that just to teach the top reds a lesson.

I would agree if I had any faith our fanbase is capable of learning. They aren't. Genuinely think we have the stupidest and most emotional fanbase in football.

Couldn’t tell if you was joking or not. We’re only 7 games into the season. A lot can still be salvage, we’re still in every competition. Look at Liverpool with a new manager. There flying. A new manager could make a whole lot of difference.