Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you’re getting carried away here based on very poor information/sources.
Usual posters spreading some gossip shit, bit tiresome.

I'm sure they're discussing it but far from a certainty either way.

I think you’re getting carried away here based on very poor information/sources.

Nah it’s just my own opinion. If he was going to stay it would have been put out there by now, I don’t believe everybody is going into this meeting tomorrow blind not knowing what will happen

I don’t agree, I think they might just maintain the ‘business as usual’ radio silence.

Possibly but I think there’s too much noise they could have shut the whole thing down, even if he stays they have to leak something giving him backing

Let’s see I’m usually not optimistic but I feel this one will get done

Nah it’s just my own opinion. If he was going to stay it would have been put out there by now, I don’t believe everybody is going into this meeting tomorrow blind not knowing what will happen
The meeting isnt for managerial discussion. It'll be on the agenda of course but its coincidental timing.

I dont think they need to make any statement if he's staying, because they already did this recently. If he's leaving then sure.

Doing the rounds on X that's decision made he's gone but let's be honest probably sourced from these random people

The meeting isnt for managerial discussion. It'll be on the agenda of course but its coincidental timing.

I dont think they need to make any statement if he's staying, because they already did this recently
. If he's leaving then sure.
I agree, and I think Ratcliffe saying it’s not his call was his attempt to shut the story down.

I feel like INEOS were stung by criticism of their handling of the managerial changes at OGC Nice and won’t mess at United unless they are crystal clear it’s the right thing to do. Everything else is just paper talk/ pub bollocks.

Do we think Ten Hag uses shampoo or shower gel on his head when he's washing himself?
C9C2A650-6ED0-4E58-A962-64B1DFD8C4D8.png

He was done when he gave Mason Mount the number 7 shirt.

I don’t think Tuchel is the guy either. He will be recycled after 18 months too.

He was done when he gave Mason Mount the number 7 shirt.

I don’t think Tuchel is the guy either. He will be recycled after 18 months too.
Then we keep replacing managers until one sticks like any other club in Europe, simple really.

It's hardly a big deal like our fans to make it out to be.

We don't have to stick with managers it's not working under just because of Fergie or Sir Matt once upon a time :lol:. We should stop expecting that sort of thing or very lengthy reigns. That's simply not the reality of the game these days

But then be nowhere to be seen when we actually need our fullback to be supporting the attack.
Oh he supports it, just as an attacking midfielder basically instead of an actual fullback while the wingers get doubled up on the touch line. Every time. And then the ball circulates to the middle where Dalot/Casemiro and co are getting it in dangerous positions instead of our attackers.

Yeah I see your points. Just about the last point - I think, we are already in the wilderness and while I agree, we can't ignore the bleeding, I think there could be a case made for us being in the wilderness because we always shy'ed(?) away from the pain. And while that is understandable and human nature, it isn't a good attitude in terms of reaching potential. If the next manager isn't one known for a rather modern style of play, then thanks but no thanks. Other than that, lets see what we can do.

I agree that's what I was saying. But that's where we'll stay for years yet if we keep hiring charlatans and giving them multiple seasons without progress in the faint hope they can do something. I think my main point is we don't need to have years of pain ie being completely shit like we are now. Results, Performances and style of play can all progress simultaneously with the right manager/s, Klopp did it at Liverpool and to an extent Arteta achieved an upward trajectory at Arsenal as well. Last season and this isn't a necessary period of growing pains to get to the sunlit uplands, it's simply been down to Ten Hag not being nearly good enough for the job of Manchester United manager.

Not to believe all these tweets, but we don't need a young manager for years. There is no need to recreate SAF, every time.

I agree but it's ok if we go for a young promising manager as long as there are standards and expectations in place. If he fails to meet them then he's out.

Except there is no meeting at OT on Tuesday is there? That meeting was today. The meeting tmrw with the executives is in London.

It also make no sense to cancel a meeting that isn't specifically about ETH's future. It's supposed to be one of the regularly scheduled meeting and it just happens that one more topic could be added.

I agree that's what I was saying. But that's where we'll stay for years yet if we keep hiring charlatans and giving them multiple seasons without progress in the faint hope they can do something. I think my main point is we don't need to have years of pain ie being completely shit like we are now. Results, Performances and style of play can all progress simultaneously with the right manager/s, Klopp did it at Liverpool and to an extent Arteta achieved an upward trajectory at Arsenal as well. Last season and this isn't a necessary period of growing pains to get to the sunlit uplands, it's simply been down to Ten Hag not being nearly good enough for the job of Manchester United manager.
I agree. As long as the timespans stick to a reasonable level and we aren't hurting ourselves with it (getting something like a hotspot, nobody will find an attractive workplace), then it should be fine. The visible progress is definitely not big enough and we've seen in other teams that it is possible so yeah.