Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
How have our standards fallen so far? It’s frustrating that we can’t even let go of a manager responsible for this decline after four months. It’s hard to believe and disheartening. I haven't watched a United game in two weeks, waiting for the inevitable, yet this person is still in charge.
The decline is 18 months, so even more shocking

Wouldn't mind Carrick at all. Last time he was interim after Ole was sacked, he actually turned our fortunes around in the PL and improved our defense immediately. Then helped us qualify from the CL group stage, with that victory against Villlareal(who beat Bayern and reached the semis that year).

As his time at Boro has shown, he clearly is a pragmatic manager that works with what he has at his disposal and adapts brilliantly to his opponents strengths and weaknesses.

Plus due to his status at the club and the respect he gets from players, I imagine he has it in him to drop under performing players like Bruno or Rashford for example. It's shame he decided to resign and we got Ragnick instead that year.

I’m so tired of watching Dalot make runs in behind our forwards too
Him coming centrally does my head in. It doesn’t serve any purpose. It doesn’t help our build up play nor does it help us get out of trouble like the City full backs do and yet he continues to employ the same tactic in every game.

SLPn8Xy.png
:lol: Fantastic!

Him coming centrally does my head in. It doesn’t serve any purpose. It doesn’t help our build up play nor does it help us get out of trouble like the City full backs do and yet he continues to employ the same tactic in every game.
It works fine if you have an LCB like Saliba that can cover the ground Dalot vacates and a LW that likes to drop deeper and create. It’s fecking stupid to employ the same tactic with a midget LCB that struggles to defend wide and a LW that is far more effective closer to goal and is hardly some sort of combination player or passer.

It just feels like he struggles to accurately identify what his players are good and bad at consistently. It’s been that way since he got here and insisted Antony was the solution to our RW problems to the tune of 80m.

Basically sack him tomorrow or else we are throwing the season on purpose. It's really that simple

We've already thrown it away.

The issue here is more than that. As a player, how would you feel when a person like Neville and media members keep seeking out individuals for bad performances despite following manager's instructions. De Ligt, Ugarte and Zirkzee just got here and they've been lumped as trash in a matter of weeks despite putting in performances that have saved the team. They get judged after 7 weeks, yet this manager who has has failed us for 3 years has people supporting him.

As fans, how seriously can we take a club that isn't serious about our performances and where we want to be. A club that frivolously throws away seasons to save face instead of acting and sacking managers. We don't operate like we NEED success. We care more about optics than our reality, and that, more than anything has led to our downfall.

Not sure how reliable this is

I'd assume little. Even the wording of that tweet is covering it's own back by saying "if a suitable replacement" when we all know there isn't anyone really available right now except Tuchel

Came in the thread hoping for some news but instead it's full of the absolute worst tweet sources, Pete Hall, Graeme Bailly, Muppetiers and Man Utd news.

He was on holiday whilst waiting for the results of their post-season review too. INEOS are probably happy for him to keep a low profile.

This has to be the most mystifying thing I've ever seen - How can a team just switch off in this way?

Are there any rumours of some massive fight / falling out that happened after the league cup final?

Something clearly changed / went very badly wrong after that game!

Rashford stopped being an incredible footballer. Myself, and probably others, pointed out last season that without Rashford scoring, this team has no goals in them. Not enough goals to be a top4 threat anyway. So far Hojlund is not it, despite hopes of him becoming incredible with time. Time is however something we dont have anything of.

No offence, but will you stop posting such terrible twitter shite? This is totally pointless to even bring to peoples attention.
The word “cred” is in their Twitter handle. If they weren’t credible then it wouldn’t say it is

I don't disagree with much of that mate. For me Tuchel would be the ideal bridge manager for 1-2 years.

We have pressed well at times but at the expense of almost every other aspect of the game, we're shite at attacking and defending under ETH.

I think I've just had enough of these 3-5 year projects peddled by bluffers, we have enough resources and talent to compete for 4th at least while implementing a more progressive style and building towards a title winning squad. Every manager who takes the job should be held to certain standards, Manchester United can't be finishing 8th and sitting in the bottom half of the table after spending £600m. If we allow it to continue we'll be in the wilderness for years to come.
Yeah I see your points. Just about the last point - I think, we are already in the wilderness and while I agree, we can't ignore the bleeding, I think there could be a case made for us being in the wilderness because we always shy'ed(?) away from the pain. And while that is understandable and human nature, it isn't a good attitude in terms of reaching potential. If the next manager isn't one known for a rather modern style of play, then thanks but no thanks. Other than that, lets see what we can do.

Northern Ireland is literally a part of The United Kingdom. Being born in London makes him English by birthright. You could be born in NI and identify as a nationalist or see yourself as only Irish, but are still technically British as things stand. A United Ireland is likely less than 50 years away.
Don't agree with any of that, especially the 'technically British' bit, but one hundred percent respect all the same.

Anyway, news just in, United might sack their manager. However, in a crucial development, they might not.

Big day tomorrow.

This guy has some very interesting followers

Followed by Mitten, Daniel Taylor, Oli Kay

I expect it would filter through then between now and tomorrow through other sources if these respected journalists follow him

Not to believe all these tweets, but we don't need a young manager for years. There is no need to recreate SAF, every time.
I think that by getting a younger man it would be easier to get them to adapt to their model and not have as much pushback on stuff. Essentially a bit of a yes man.

We need a short sharp shock that actually shocks the players. Tuchel for 2 years will do for me just fine. Anything longer these days would be a bonus.