Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
A hefty payout they’ve lumbered themselves with.
Pocket change compared to what they spent on Ugarte though. A player who ten Hag seems to have no interest in using. That alone should piss them off.

He's basically mocking them by starting Maguire and Evans.

He feels he's unsackable, which could well be why he's being so stubborn there's no threat to need to change

How standards have fallen that

A) we kept him on
B) if he's still here after the international break

SLPn8Xy.png
Heh

Northern Ireland is literally a part of The United Kingdom. Being born in London makes him English by birthright. You could be born in NI and identify as a nationalist or see yourself as only Irish, but are still technically British as things stand. A United Ireland is likely less than 50 years away.
People in NI can literally choose one or both passports. Or play for Ireland if they want. They aren’t ‘British’ unless they want to be. I say that as a northern Protestant

His confidence in the security of his position annoys me.
It's the trophy talk to defend it that does it for me. He makes winning domestic trophies and non-big5 leagues sound like he's on some kind of 15-18 Real Madrid-esque run.

Biggest job could be perceived in different ways.

As in the literal biggest job in world football, which it is.

You must mean the most difficult. A big job on your hands, etc.
Ye that’s what I mean. Madrid have carried on what Zidane did with Ancelotti. Not 1 manager as come in and made us look like challengers since fergie

No, but I have lived in Northern Ireland and England at different times. Scotland too.

I'm from down South originally. My mother is half English. We'd identify as Republicans. I'm actually not that fussed, but can see unification happening one day in the not too distant future. Still a lot of work left to do though. And not everyone will be happy with the outcome.

Fair enough but I'd refer you back to my first post. It's isn't helpful to make statements like that.

I'm usually late in asking for the sack but i think it's evident this plane isn't getting off the ground. To use an analogy, the fact that we are regularly 3 feet from crashing every other month is itself clear indication we aren't going anywhere in the long run. Keeping him only delays the inevitable of his sacking, and delays our progress. Grab Tuchel if we even can, or one of those up and coming nobody's like De Zerbi or Frank. See how they do and wait for a proper manager like Nagelsmann or somone.

Pocket change compared to what they spent on Ugarte though. A player who ten Hag seems to have no interest in using. That alone should piss them off.

He's basically mocking them by starting Maguire and Evans.
He’s said Ugarte will take 4-6 weeks to integrate and be ready and it seems like he meant it. Don’t know what they think to that, but he’s certainly stuck to his guns.

So Ineos wasn’t convinced of him even after winning the FA cup and therefore talked to other candidates. Now, after our worst start to the season ever, sitting 14th in the table playing horrid football and regressing at a rapid rate after allowing him to spunk another 200m, they are hesitating to fire him? Make it make sense.

I refuse to believe they are this thick. Either their own ego isn’t allowing them to fire him after backing him or they are more incompetent than Glazers and Woodward.

It rankles a bit that INEOS came into the club and basically sacked 25% of the entire workforce without a shred of hesitation.

Yet they seem beholden to the worst performing member of staff...

I think if Ratcliffe wants him out then he will make that clear tomorrow and Ashworth won't be able to provide any evidence to defend ETH - not that he should be.

I'm praying, anyway.

He’s said Ugarte will take 4-6 weeks to integrate and be ready and it seems like he meant it. Don’t know what they think to that, but he’s certainly stuck to his guns.
Makes zero sense to give a player zero minutes 2 games in a row if you're looking to integrate him. He played in both games for Uruguay in September and got minutes before the last 2 games.

He was poor vs Spurs. Looks like he's been dropped. Even Lisandro has been dropped this season.

Fully expecting the scenario to repeat itself again. Ineos to again turn up at his door to tell him that he’s their manager after deciding that no one’s better than him.

Then Ten hag telling the media he wasn’t happy that they disturbed him on his holiday but will forgive them after they thought of sacking him as they are new to football and don’t know that much.

How have our standards fallen so far? It’s frustrating that we can’t even let go of a manager responsible for this decline after four months. It’s hard to believe and disheartening. I haven't watched a United game in two weeks, waiting for the inevitable, yet this person is still in charge.

Can't we all bombard their social media accounts? I'm desperate I'll try anything.