Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll admit I've never owned a multi billion dollar company, but if I did I don't think an employee fecking off on holiday would stop me sacking them
It’d delay it. And by the time he’s back stances will have softened. We soften our stances quicker than any other club in the World

Northern Ireland?
No, but I have lived in Northern Ireland and England at different times. Scotland too.

I'm from down South originally. My mother is half English. We'd identify as Republicans. I'm actually not that fussed, but can see unification happening one day in the not too distant future. Still a lot of work left to do though. And not everyone will be happy with the outcome.

This fecking assistant is letting ten Hag down.

This fecking assistant is letting ten Hag down.
The funny thing is that there was a rejig of the backroom staff and nothing improved. We looked poor during pre-season and it carried over into the new season. Liverpool did the same with Rodgers and he was sacked by October of that season.

If you don’t understand the hype around the guy who took a League One squad to the PL in his first attempt then I don’t know what else to tell you.

Look what you’re saying. League 1 and the Championship. Want me to list the managers who are great In lower leagues and have failed time and time again at the top level?

He’s done well fair play to him. Million miles away from being the United manager. Will also have a relegation on his cv come May.

Last edited:
Look what you’re saying. League 1 and the Championship. Want me to list the managers who are great I lower leagues and have failed time and time again at the top level?

He’s done well fair play to him. Million miles away from being the United manager. Will also have a relegation on his cv come May.
Very true. McKenna as done wonders with Ipswich but it’s way to soon in his career for him to take the biggest job in football.

It's actually unfathomable how we are still having a conversation about if he will be fired or not.

By every measurable metric it's not even a question. We are literally the only "Big" club who would tolerate this. Hell most small clubs wouldn't tolerate it.

Look what you’re saying. League 1 and the Championship. Want me to list the managers who are great I lower leagues and have failed time and time again at the top level?

How else can we judge him?
People laughed at Kompany to Bayern. I don’t see anyone laughing now.

If only there were other metrics to judge a manager by apart from “he coaches a Championship” team.

That gets you the Bayern job these days. :lol:

Klopp and Conte also relegated clubs as young managers.

The funny thing is that there was a rejig of the backroom staff and nothing improved. We looked poor during pre-season and it carried over into the new season. Liverpool did the same with Rodgers and he was sacked by October of that season.
Yeah I remember how the ETH crowd thought the reason for his failures last season had something to do with assistants not helping him out with tactics, so naturally replacing them was going to make us so much better and would resolve multiple issues with setup.

Obviously it did not amount to anything. I think McClaren has alluded to the fact that ETH doesn’t really take their views into consideration all that much, which given how highly he rates himself I can actually believe this to be true. Why would the best coach in the world listen to some measly assistants?

I honestly can't see how any sort of reasoned discussion would result in him staying. If he stays it's not because anyone thinks he can turn things around.
Then you would also have to worry if the reasons for him staying is because you're unsure of options - they will be paid a lot of money to find a candidate and if they can't find someone to replace him, it says more about the footballing structure than the options in the market.

That jobs easy compared to ours. Give me a break :lol:
Biggest job could be perceived in different ways.

As in the literal biggest job in world football, which it is.

You must mean the most difficult. A big job on your hands, etc.

Jamie Jackson

Should be the easiest 30 second discussion ever. Just print out the league table from last season, and this seasons even more embarrassing league table and stick it to the wall. What else is there to be said.

SLPn8Xy.png

Reactions: Invictus
BBC MOTD analysis where they show Bruno trying to break ahead of the forwards while Mainoo is dropping between the center backs all while Eriksen is the only one playing his position is absurdly damning of how bad the coaching set up is.

If the conclusion of this meeting doesn't end in ETH being sacked, then it's pretty safe to label every single person at the table and unambitious moron.

Let's be fair. Ultimatum from the board. Win every game from now on and the moment you draw or lose, you are fired.
He is going to achieve that against Brentford at home so we might as well let him go and give the interim 10 days to work with the team.