Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is going to drag on until after Christmas isn't it.

Just how bad would it have to get for them to make the call that has been obvious for a year?

Has any major club this century had a run as long as this were the performances have been this bad and the manager has survived? Utd have been mostly inept for 70 odd games now, with a small handful in that total coming close to acceptable levels of performance. What is going on behind the scenes for any decision makers to have any faith in his vision? It is incredible to see.

I think sacking him is the only decision. It's diabolical. And the worst thing of all is that he's obviously not making decisions for the benefit of the club this season, but for the benefit of himself.

But I think they want a replacement that they can all be aligned on. Who they feel represents their ambition. No poll is showing a clear standout. What I'm saying is that having a clear "we must get him" appointment would make their decision to sack Erik easier. Not that they shouldn't still do it.

I also think United is a bigger job than any other in England. The manager who next wins the league and/or Champions League with United goes down in football history.

I don't disagree, but these people are supposed to be amongst the best in the business. Top executives make tough decisions every day. The should be prepared for where we are now.

And whether this is a "bigger job" than any other in England, as well as being a matter of opinion, I think is irrelevant. The big clubs in Europe part with managers all the time and replace them. We now supposedly have a footballing structure behind the scenes which is going to bring direction and stability. They need to show their worth.

Is that confirmed?

If that is the case I suspect it was rejected because it was favourable to the club in terms of severance, and hence why it was rejected.
Yes, it was confirmed. I suspect EtH wouldn’t agree, not just to severance (if that was even discussed) but also to Ineos wanting to downgrade his title to head coach and remove his transfer veto - plus other things I guess.

It’s just the absolute opposite approach I expected if this is allowed to carry on much longer. Zero reason to waste another season.
The only conclusion I can come to is that INEOS feel there’s no one available, and they feel the players aren’t doing enough. There’s no other reason for him to still be in a job.

To be honest, most of these reports are coming from 'fan accounts with sources' and all saying similar things.

I'd say it's highly unlikely they know anything and are just craving attention. Let's see what Ornstein/Ducker/etc say later tonight/tomorrow.
Yep, the meeting is tomorrow evening so nobody will know anything until the leadership team have taken the decision themselves.

Let's be fair. Ultimatum from the board. Win every game from now on and the moment you draw or lose, you are fired.

Why would they give him any indication he's going to get sacked? People aren't given a heads up by their boss before they're formally told later on :lol: some of these tweets are rubbish

If INEOS don't pull the plug my confidence in them will mirror that of the current manager.

Potentially pathetic ownership in place, all good having productive windows but the manager selection is more important than everything.

I thought these guys were going to be surgical.

Keeping him around would be no way of running a top level football club. He’s crossed that event horizon, and it’s evident to anyone. Even if he wins the next two, the next time he loses two on the bounce - which we will because of how utter shit we are under him - the mood will turn sour really quick because people have no faith in his capacity long-term.

Every week, every decision, comment or even substitution being under microscopical scrutiny isn’t an environment conducive of anything good for him nor for the club and the young squad they’ve assembled.

They need to adopt that Saito Hajime/Shinsengumi “Aku soku zan (slay evil immediately)” approach, and bin this fella.

He was born in London. But yeah, he's from a Catholic background. Northern Ireland is technically British. So he's both Irish and British.
He may not actually be both. Being Catholic isn't an indication of being Irish, either, nor is NI 'technically British'. Even if it is in the UK.

We don't know how he swings his oar about so cannot stipulate.

Doesn't matter, I suppose, but could be the reason Big Jim hasn't swooped (it isn't)

Honestly there’s lowering your standards and then what we’re now witnessing. To have some still wanting to defend the slop and be hopeful is just bonkers. It’s a new low.

Better than the last games, definitely. Much more organised & disciplined. Hardly great though, I know.

It stands for absolutely nothing because it's not the managers preferential method of play, when things hit the fan this is an approach that Erik will use but it's clear it's not the game model he wants to employ. It was a 4-4-2 with the wingers tracking back to condense the spaces in the midfield.

The issue with the current manager is what he wants to do doesn't work.

So until there's evidence that the usual 3-1 formation at the back for the build up or the pivot with the defensive line further higher up the field shows some resemblance of being functional, there's absolutely nothing to draw as a positive conclusion.

He was born in London. But yeah, he's from a Catholic background. Northern Ireland is technically British. So he's both Irish and British.

Not necessarily no and I suspect you don't know. And if you're unfamilar with NI it's probably best to not make statements like that. As we're a sensitive bunch over here when it comes to things like that.

He may not actually be both. Being Catholic isn't an indication of being Irish, either, nor is NI 'technically British'. Even if it is in the UK.

We don't know how he swings his oar about so cannot stipulate.

Doesn't matter, I suppose, but could be the reason Big Jim hasn't swooped (it isn't)
Northern Ireland is literally a part of The United Kingdom. Being born in London makes him English by birthright. You could be born in NI and identify as a nationalist or see yourself as only Irish, but are still technically British as things stand. A United Ireland is likely less than 50 years away.

Not necessarily no and I suspect you don't know. And if you're unfamilar with NI it's probably best to not make statements like that. As we're a sensitive bunch over here when it comes to things like that.
I'm Irish, thanks.

Gone on Holiday, turned his phone off. Won't turn it back on and just turn up for the Brentford game :confused:
He booked a holiday for immediately after the FA Cup final too

It sounds stupid but it probably helps him. The club would want to do it face to face.

This month's fixtures list is looking pretty brutal, so it almost might be better if we let Ten Hag take several for the team and then replace him after the Chelsea match, when we'll have several winnable matches in a row.

Northern Ireland is literally a part of The United Kingdom. Being born in London makes him English by birthright. You could be born in NI and identify as a nationalist or see yourself as only Irish, but are still technically British as things stand. A United Ireland is likely less than 50 years away.
Good stuff lads, just what this thread needs.

It's obvious that Ratcliffe wants him sacked. He wanted him sacked after the FA cup game. He hasn't said a single genuinely supportive word about his position at the club in half a dozen opportunities. Also went to personally meet Tuchel.

The question is who is putting the breaks on.

It's obvious that Ratcliffe wants him sacked. He wanted him sacked after the FA cup game. He hasn't said a single genuinely supportive word about his position at the club in half a dozen opportunities. Also went to personally meet Tuchel.

The question is who is putting the breaks on.

Gary Neville.

Joking, but wouldn't surprise me at this point.

He booked a holiday for immediately after the FA Cup final too

It sounds stupid but it probably helps him. The club would want to do it face to face.
I'll admit I've never owned a multi billion dollar company, but if I did I don't think an employee fecking off on holiday would stop me sacking them