Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
In this situation are players ever consulted on their thoughts about the manager or the change in manager?

They’re not going to sack him, are they
To be fair, the last two results seen in isolation are not sackable offenses. The Spurs game was the real travesty. When we kept him after that, two draws in away games against good sides were never going to be the final straw.

Has any of usual United journalist reported anything I'll wait for them to have their say before heaving sigh of relief .

No it’s all a bit quiet, I think that’s bad news for ETH. They could throw out a story backing him to Ornstein but that doesn’t seem to be coming even with all the speculation

I don’t get this McKenna hype one bit. It’s mind boggling that his name keeps popping up.

That highly regarded within the game he got hounded out of United and the clubs queuing up for him were league 1 standard.

Fair play to him on the promotions but to go from Ipswich to United is ridiculous.
And where do you expect him to go with zero experience? Such a ridiculous post. Pep and Zidane started out with the B squads and they turned out alright.

Disagree.

'If you take all the trophies away from United, they've actually won nothing'

The Fergie/Busby aspect betrays the fact they ruled us for over a third of our history.

Historically, we are absolutely nothing like Spurs and Qatar's state bid can do one. Their psg franchise is losing its superstars for a reason.

(Northern) Irish manager, chief, don't know if he's British.

Could be a hard-bitten Republican headcase. In which case, call him british just to wind him up...
He was born in London. But yeah, he's from a Catholic background. Northern Ireland is technically British. So he's both Irish and British.

To be fair, the last two results seen in isolation are not sackable offenses. The Spurs game was the real travesty. When we kept him after that, two draws in away games against good sides were never going to be the final straw.
They should be the final straw though. Our form alone. I’ve seen managers sacked after a draw before because of the previous form. Also we can’t score goals under him. That comes down to coaching.

If a last minute equaliser against Porto and a poor performance against Villa are enough to keep him in the job we may as well call it quits. The bigger picture of the season is we’re 14th and haven’t won a game in Europe, this coming off the back of our worst ever PL campaign

That penalty shootout win against Coventry has completely carried him he would have been sacked months ago

Blowing a 2-0 lead should certainly go against him.

They should be the final straw though. Our form alone. I’ve seen managers sacked after a draw before because of the previous form. Also we can’t score goals under him. That comes down to coaching.

If a last minute equaliser against Porto and a poor performance against Villa are enough to keep him in the job we may as well call it quits. The bigger picture of the season is we’re 14th and haven’t won a game in Europe, this coming off the back of our worst ever PL campaign

That penalty shootout win against Coventry has completely carried him he would have been sacked months ago
I’m not defending him. I think he should be gone, based on our overall form this year.

I just never expected him to be fired after these two draws. I expect it will take at least another few embarrassing losses before it happens.

They did discuss a new contract before he rejected the terms

Is that confirmed?

If that is the case I suspect it was rejected because it was favourable to the club in terms of severance, and hence why it was rejected.

And where do you expect him to go with zero experience? Such a ridiculous post. Pep and Zidane started out with the B squads and they turned out alright.

He needs experience at the top level of football he’s literally never won a game at PL level and people want him to be the guy to get United back to winning ways? It’s laughable. Pep/Zidane we’re working and winning at the clubs they took over not to mention they were former players it’s nothing like McKenna getting the United job

It's at least a little promising that there are stories starting to come out about him being replaced. It was all far too quiet before this.

It's at least a little promising that there are stories starting to come out about him being replaced. It was all far too quiet before this.
It wasn’t too quiet at all. Theres an SLT meeting tomorrow night where this will be discussed and decided. That’s all we need to know.

If there was any credible rumours either way it would mean that someone in the SLT has loose lips.

How is it pretty clear if the lad is constantly injured and couldn't even have a decent run of games here.
Because it’s been 3 years of constant injuries (as you’ve said), and even when fit he didn’t look like the same player. Or are we just going to assume that every player can recapture their abilities from 3 years ago just because we haven’t seen a full season of nonstop performances to show us otherwise?

McKenna would be great. I’ll be intrigued to see what he brings to the club. If he doesn’t work out or we don’t see any obvious improvement from the team, then release him at the end of the season
Sure he’s going to leave a PL management job for that

Because it’s been 3 years of constant injuries (as you’ve said), and even when fit he didn’t look like the same player. Or are we just going to assume that every player can recapture their abilities from 3 years ago just because we haven’t seen a full season of nonstop performances to show us otherwise?

I’d argue it’s hard to even begin to look good in this system.

He needs experience at the top level of football he’s literally never won a game at PL level and people want him to be the guy to get United back to winning ways? It’s laughable. Pep/Zidane we’re working and winning at the clubs they took over not to mention they were former players it’s nothing like McKenna getting the United job
If you don’t understand the hype around the guy who took a League One squad to the PL in his first attempt then I don’t know what else to tell you.

To be honest, most of these reports are coming from 'fan accounts with sources' and all saying similar things.

I'd say it's highly unlikely they know anything and are just craving attention. Let's see what Ornstein/Ducker/etc say later tonight/tomorrow.

I’d argue it’s hard to even begin to look good in this system.
Oh I don’t dispute that, which is why I’ve largely avoided criticizing many of the players this season apart from a few obvious ones (Bruno and Martinez have been quite poor for example).

But Mount was injured or poor in both 2022 and 2023, and so far it’s been the same this season. He’s also not shown the same production and quality in the final third he did in 2021 since then (he also didn’t play in the midfield much that season for the Tuchel system, he was largely a pseudo inside forward). So I don’t really see the point in assuming that quality will magically return along with his fitness 3+ years later. That goes for mostly any player apart from maybe some super young prospects

How did muppetiers manage to legitimise their reputation? They put out ambiguous information that anyone can infer.