Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Carrick as an interim for a while would be great. Just don't make it permanent unless we're somehow spectacular under him.

how big will the meltdown be if nothing is announced today and tmrw afternoon they give him a vote of confidence. heh heh heh.
Well I'll be absolutely gutted because they were supposed to be our saviours not make it fecking worse.

Don’t get why ETH would say he’s in constant communication with the owners and saying there all in it together. After the meeting tomorrow he could be sacked.

how big will the meltdown be if nothing is announced today and tmrw afternoon they give him a vote of confidence. heh heh heh.
Tomorrow evening should be the time. If nothing happens tomoz then I guess we’ve got him for the next game

I do feel like it's only United managers who get subjected to these brutal public humiliations when they fail, but I guess it's inevitable given the size of the club.

We drag things out. Wouldn’t be happening if we had gotten rid ages ago

True but he’s on for a top half finish. Only lost to city, spurs and Liverpool so far.
They might finish 10th or 9th, doesn't make much difference. With United he could probably aspire to finish in top 5, and have a go in Europa League which he might not get at Brentford ever.

Why have we still not sacked him? This is just prolonging the misery both his and the fans. Its quite clear he isn’t up to the job. Let’s sack him and bring the good ole times back.

Look on the bright side, as soon as Erik gets another job you know for a fact he’s going to be buying all of the players we don’t want.

The idea that he’ll be at a club with any significant resources seems a little far fetched after his Utd debacle.

Interviewing Thomas is the summer, rejecting him, extending Erik’s contract and allowing him to spend another £200m on players, then sacking him three months into the season and hiring Thomas was all part of our detailed strategic review.

‘As was spending another £100m on central defenders only to play a 36-year-old who originally joined the club last summer to train and regain his fitness’.

:lol:

I'd take Carrick as assistant to McKenna. Would love that.
Definitely one or the other scenario. They both have aspirations for the big job and won’t want to taint that with a failed assistant role.

I might be clutching at straws but it does seem like there's a real chance he could be sacked after these meetings today/tomorrow. I'm praying.

If they come out and back him then I will despair.

It would be strange if they found it OK that we are on track for a lower mid-table finish and getting knocked out of Europa. It doesn't really align with the ambition to win the league by 2028.

Definitely one or the other scenario. They both have aspirations for the big job and won’t want to taint that with a failed assistant role.
They failed as assistant managers under two different managers if we're being technical.

Although there were rumours that Ole leaned on Phelan a lot and didn't always follow their ideas/suggestions.

McKenna would be great. I’ll be intrigued to see what he brings to the club. If he doesn’t work out or we don’t see any obvious improvement from the team, then release him at the end of the season

If hey want CL Qualification then he'll be sacked.
UCL is far less important than not sacking the manager, this is the United way.

I guess as long as we are not in a relegation fight, he'll be safe. So probably he will be sacked around February-March, when we will be somewhere between 15th and 18th place.

Classic. I called how we were gonna get stuff like how the board is not panicked.

If they aren't gonna panic over a manager that has led us back to back to our 2 worst starts in decades when does the panic start? When we are sat here in January 2 spots from the relegation zone and dumped out of Europa because we couldn't finish in the top 24 out of 36 when clubs like Viktoria Pizen, FCSB, Malmo, Braga, Elfsborg, Bodo/Glimt, Midtjylland, Slavia Praha and Anderlecht all move to the next round?

Interviewing Thomas is the summer, rejecting him, extending Erik’s contract and allowing him to spend another £200m on players, then sacking him three months into the season and hiring Thomas was all part of our detailed strategic review.

‘As was spending another £100m on central defenders only to play a 36-year-old who originally joined the club last summer to train and regain his fitness’.

Well... if some reports are to be believed than it was Tuchel who said "come back with a better offer, until then I just chill". That point seems to be reached now.

The C suite people have a chance to fix their summer mistake. If they talk and decide AGAIN he is going to stay then I have lost all respect and trust I had in this board. At least the Glazers reacted to outside pressure and sacked a few managers.

Haven’t recent reports said Tuchel was the one that rejected us? Maybe this shitshow has caused them to get closer to his terms?