Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tuchel would be fine, but it bugs me that we just bought a central Dutch defender whom he didn’t fancy at his previous club
Well, vast majority of ten Hag's signings will need to get re-assessed when he's eventually replaced. Actually de Ligt is one that would probably slot right in into many teams and managers, it's the likes of Onana, Martinez, Mount and Antony which are more questionable.

Well, vast majority of ten Hag's signings will need to get re-assessed when he's eventually replaced. Actually de Ligt is one that would probably slot right in into many teams and managers, it's the likes of Onana, Martinez, Mount and Antony which are more questionable.
Tuchel loves Mount no?

More and more smoke are coming out, if he's not sacked by this time tomorrow then my disappointment is immeasurable and my day will be ruined.

Why are we edging this inevitable outcome?

Just put him and the fans out of our misery and be done with it ffs. There's still a season to salvage, so the sooner INEOS can swallow their pride and accept they were wrong to back him, the quicker we can kickstart another reboot.

Alarm bells should be going off if his staff don't agree enough is enough. Can't see that being the case though. Ten Hag's position is completely untenable at this point

My guess is that the staff agree with the sacking, but they might not agree on who the replacement should be.

He's getting sacked lets be honest, to have a board meeting to discuss his future tomorrow and to come out of it with a decision to back him (again) just makes them all look incredibly incompetent.

I'd say if anything, most of the discussion tomorrow will be about who replaces him.

Dominos have a guy who thinks he's Paddy Powers guy. He's not.

Neville managed 28 Games (all comps). He only had a 35.7% win rate at Valencia so if you compare his record to all of ETH's results then no it's not remotely close. If however you look at ETH's previous 28 games managed then it's as follows:

Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
28​
11​
39.29%​
8​
28.57%​
9​
32.14%​
49​
44​
+5​
Neville​
28​
10​
35.71%​
7​
25.00%​
11​
39.29%​
39​
38​
+1​

Still not as bad as Neville but not far off. If you compare their league form, Neville managed 16 La Liga games, so taking ETH's previous 16 League games you get:

Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
16​
5​
31.25%​
5​
31.25%​
6​
37.50%​
22​
26​
-4​
Neville​
16​
3​
18.75%​
5​
31.25%​
8​
50.00%​
15​
25​
-10​

So again, not as bad as Neville. But not as far away as you might think.
Much appreciated bud.

Agree guys it shouldn't be on the manager as the primary finder of talent.

My point is if a manager is a poor judge of a player that's a major problem. To me it's a fundamental part of his job.

Because they do have a say. None of us really know how it works but nobody can tell me Pep didn't have a major say for example in getting rid of Joe Hart.

No disagreement there then.

He's getting sacked lets be honest, to have a board meeting to discuss his future tomorrow and to come out of it with a decision to back him (again) just makes them all look incredibly incompetent.

I'd say if anything, most of the discussion tomorrow will be about who replaces him.

Board meetings have other things on the agenda. It was likely already scheduled to discuss broad issues. It doesn't mean he will be sacked. He could be but most likely the board would just be getting informed by the sporting side rather than being involved heavily in a back and forth discussion.

So just give it to Ruud on an interim basis (even if it's for a handful of games) and take it from there rather than arseing around. They're only delayng the inevitable

I think even the interim option is going to be a debate. Some will, like you say, want Ruud to just carry on in the meantime while some will want Carrick in or possibly even Ole.

how big will the meltdown be if nothing is announced today and tmrw afternoon they give him a vote of confidence. heh heh heh.

I think even the interim option is going to be a debate. Some will, like you say, want Ruud to just carry on in the meantime while some will want Carrick in or possibly even Ole.
how and why the feck does Ole even come into the conversation.

There is no debate, RVN is the interim manager should the board decide to make a move. There has already been some discussion and it should make a lot of long time fans happy with some familiar coaching faces returning to support him.

Gary Neville being in the vicinity of Ratcliffe etc is a problem :lol:

They'd never sack him if they listen to him. Hopefully he's more honest off the camera.
Ratcliffe doesn't sack the managers though, it'd be more worrying if he were in the vicinity of Berrada, Wilcox, Ashworth

This is what I was saying yesterday. To review his position again amidst yet another crisis in a short time, and to decide to stick again, would look very bad on them.

Look on the bright side, as soon as Erik gets another job you know for a fact he’s going to be buying all of the players we don’t want.