Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do feel like it's only United managers who get subjected to these brutal public humiliations when they fail, but I guess it's inevitable given the size of the club.
Us, as a club, holding on to managers for way too long has to have something to do with it as well.

Our fixtures post international break all look quite winnable. I can see him getting a result against Brentford and Leicester, and the pendulum swinging in his favor once more.
Yep can totally see this happening, he's a jammy git, the turd that won't flush.

Not his fault he is still here of course, this is on Ineos to act.

Yep can totally see this happening, he's a jammy git, the turd that won't flush.

Not his fault he is still here of course, this is on Ineos to act.
I can see us having a fantastic, above expectations finish to this season and end up between 7th and 9th which at this rate will be good enough to earn him another year. :lol:

It does if it was pretty unique to that situation and having one of the best players of all time and a club legend rejoining the club just a few months before. We don't have that this time and there likely isn't the same toxic atmosphere around the squad now as there was 3 years ago. Morale and confidence are just low.
Sounds good but we can't really know about that. I mean, if I can, I'd choose to believe you. But there isn't much apart from hoping that tells us that the mentality improved a bit. Seeing Rashford for example. Seeing Bruno for example. And thats not me pointing at them for bad mentality, just that they do not handle themselves too differently now than they did before.
Just because something didn't work in th past dosn't mean it isn't the right route to go down again if you need to.
Thats certainly true.
My post was poorly worded I agree an interim should be doing everything you've just described. But what I should have said was they should also be focusing on raising morale.
Makes sense.
As for the new Interim/Coach improving the organisation and pressing tactics of the team. Let's be honest we're so poorly coached in just about every aspect that anyone be pretty much starting over again. Even if an Interim coach tries to successfully implement that mid-season (unlikely) the next permanent coach is basically going to be starting from scratch anyway in pre-season, so there's little to lose at this stage.
I am honestly not too sure about that. The first time, I've seen us attempt an organized press was last season. And as far as I know, it seemed to work to the extent of us becoming one of the teams with the most high turnovers at some point. It didn't help us much because we weren't able to capitalize due to bad finishing, not only that it often even backfired due to opposition counter who made use of our vulnerable positioning. This season, we did it sometimes, notably in the match against Fulham and Brighton and I thought, we looked quite fine with it. Issue is, that such a thing takes X amount of time to be really instilled into the players, what are the triggers, what are the roles, when do we push up (as defenders) and when do we not engange higher (as attackers). I've said it multiple times, I think, this isn't some sort of "we do the wrong pressing" it is some form of "we don't do it well enough". And without question, I'd hope somebody can improve that faster than ETH, I think, it will take some time for the next guy to do as well as some of the things can't be instilled via one training session. (btw: which is why I am so adamant to bring in somebody who isn't just going to set us up deeper, in my eyes we have to break that barrier and not shy away from it).
But european football, especially CL football is vital to the clubs business model. Ratcliffe has said as much, we can't be fecking about for 2-3 seasons in the EL/ECL or not in europe at all. So if an Interim is brought in with the mandate to get Euro football then so be it. Being in the CL or at least the EL next year would be much more useful to the next permanent coach than an Interim trying to undo 3 years of Ten Hag's poor coaching.
Yeah thats certainly true. If European football is essential for this season (specifically this, I didn't want to make the impression I would be talking about 2 or 3 years, I was only speaking of this year) then I guess a compromise has to be made between grinding out results while improving at the same time. Because if we put all out eggs into results, we might end up in another Ole situation, where everything feels more cosy but we will prevented from reaching the upper echelons (again) simply by not making use of the whole tool box available. And I don't think, much has to be un-done to be honest. As layed out in the "awfully coached" thread - what ETH is attempting isn't some brandnew stuff. Most of those things are in place in other clubs and working fine. Maybe ETH isn't great at communicating, maybe our players are (also) not good at understanding their roles, probably even more factors are in place. But the general direction we went is correct. "Keep it tight at the back and hit them on the counter" won't cut it anymore. At least when the aim is sustained return to the very top.

I am warming to the idea of Tuchel coming in... it would prevent an interim phase and he definitely isn't shy to give our players a bollocking when needed. I don't think he is the best fit in terms of style so the migration of the squad from ETH to him is as smooth as possible but it should be good enough.

Why the hell would Carrick leave his current job to return to an interim gig here? I don't believe that for a second, unless he is due to be sacked at Middlesbrough?

Surely this charlatans time is up, getting the bare minimum from the last two games shouldn't have earned him any more wriggle room.

United or not why would he leave a full time job for an interim one with no guarantee of getting it full time..........
If he backs himself to do well then he can probably land himself a prem job next season. Or a better job than the Middlesbrough one.

Random brands inserting themselves into situations like this (and taking a massive shit on someone in the process) just to get some clicks are utter trash. The only thing more trash might be the food served at Domino's.
Dominos are always idiots like that. They think they’re funny with the posts they make mocking different teams each week. I remember the one about Antony when they said he couldn’t even deliver a pizza let alone on the pitch.

This could still happen tomorrow. A few rumours coming out today, we’re interested in Tuchel, Franks another. Would Frank leave Brentford mid season?

This could still happen tomorrow. A few rumours coming out today, we’re interested in Tuchel, Franks another. Would Frank leave Brentford mid season?
Of course he would leave Brentford mid-season if United came knocking. 100%.

Tuchel would be fine, but it bugs me that we just bought a central Dutch defender whom he didn’t fancy at his previous club

Tuchel would be fine, but it bugs me that we just bought a central Dutch defender whom he didn’t fancy at his previous club
Saw Bayern fans on Reddit saying de Ligt had a really good season with Tuchel and played well before he started getting injury issues