Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It might sound daft, but these MEN polls seem to get noticed a lot by other media and outlets, they were mentioned a lot after the FA Cup final poll. Everybody needs to be voting.
Just done it.

If we sack ETH can we still get CL?
Win the next 3 and we'll be in touching distance. Teams around 4th will drop points.

I think the club ideally want to wait for closer to Christmas (probably when the stadium plans are announced) before sacking him. But by then it will be too much to claw back. It's either make the change now or accept that CL qualification is very unlikely to happen.

Thee three musketeers, VP89, BenitoSTARR and yourself, are very quiet compared to last season.

I don't give a feck, thanks.

What's tragic is people who continue to defend this manager. Luckily for you, INEOS don't seem to have the stones required. Could be a good week for you.
Stop these catty back and forth’s, you and whoever is engaging. If you guys can’t get along then don’t message each other.

The OP makes clear that this thread won’t be a continuation of the last.

Thanks.

Difficult to imagine any manager performing worse at United without resorting to sabotage
13th on Goals scored, 14th in the EPL suggests that’s our current position in EPL football, in which case he needs to go this week and a more suitable Coach come into get United into the top 5 of the PL, this also suggests we need a coach that averages 2 goals per game played!

I was interested to see how our goal record compared to other teams since the League Cup Final (when I think we can all agree our form began to drop). The answer is below. Depressing how many average teams have managed to outscore us since then.

Clubs​
Games​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Man City​
58​
143​
50​
93​
Arsenal​
59​
142​
55​
87​
Liverpool​
60​
136​
62​
74​
Newcastle​
60​
126​
87​
39​
Tottenham​
58​
112​
97​
15​
Aston Villa​
59​
109​
78​
31​
Chelsea​
59​
108​
93​
15​
Brighton​
61​
101​
96​
5​
Brentford​
60​
90​
94​
-4​
West Ham​
59​
89​
111​
-22​
Fulham​
58​
84​
91​
-7​
Crystal Palace​
59​
81​
86​
-5​
Man Utd​
59​
79​
81​
-2​
Bournemouth​
59​
77​
100​
-23​
Nottm Forest​
59​
76​
99​
-23​
Wolves​
59​
72​
111​
-39​
Everton​
59​
64​
91​
-27​
If I remember correctly we got worse a few weeks before with martinez injurie. I was really surprised that we managed to win the final so easily under this circumstances (I gave all the credit to ETH).

Seeing this table is just depressing ... ManUtd -2 GD after 60 games ... bloody hell

Am I right in saying that Ashworth has only ever sacked one manager in his career? Hughton at Brighton. I could be missing something but doesn't sound like something he's very experienced with.

My answers seem to be in line with the majority. Nice to see so many now saying it was a mistake to keep ETH on after the FA Cup final. Hopefully INEOS take notice of some of these poll results now.

Some of us wanted him gone regardless of the FA Cup win.

What’s our win/loss record for the calendar year 2024 (and only including this years results is being generous)?

Surely all they need to do is look at that see all the evidence they need to make a call.

Am I right in saying that Ashworth has only ever sacked one manager in his career? Hughton at Brighton. I could be missing something but doesn't sound like something he's very experienced with.
Just had a look at his history. Only two sackings, though a number of appointments.

West Brom:
  • They were relegated and Tony Mobray took over at Celtic (perhaps he would have sacked him but he didn't need to)
  • Appointed Di Matteo in 2009
  • Sacked Di Matteo in 2011
  • Appointed Roy Hodgson in 2011
  • Hodgson left to take the England job in 2012
  • Appointed Steve Clarke in 2012
  • Ashworth left West Brom in 2013 and Steve Clarke was still the manager, though he got sacked in December 2013
Brighton:
  • He joined in February and Hughton was sacked at the end of the season and replaced him with Potter
  • Left while Potter was still in charge

Newcastle:
  • No managerial changes

Just had a look at his history. Only two sackings, though a number of appointments.

West Brom:
  • They were relegated and Tony Mobray took over at Celtic (perhaps he would have sacked him but he didn't need to)
  • Appointed Di Matteo in 2009
  • Sacked Di Matteo in 2011
  • Appointed Roy Hodgson in 2011
  • Hodgson left to take the England job in 2012
  • Appointed Steve Clarke in 2012
  • Ashworth left West Brom in 2013 and Steve Clarke was still the manager, though he got sacked in December 2013
Brighton:
  • He joined in February and Hughton was sacked at the end of the season and replaced him with Potter
  • Left while Potter was still in charge

Newcastle:
  • No managerial changes
Didn't realise he was at West Brom. Cheers. Previous behaviour is best indication for future actions. Ashworth definitely isn't someone who regularly sacks managers and is actually less experienced than Woodward in that regard. :lol:

I agree. He shouldn't have done that. But does it really matter where the dressing room issues originated from? What we now know is, that the interim time was another waste of time. We might as well could have sticked to Ole and have him see out the season. Wouldn't have been more drama than with the whole RR situation.

It does if it was pretty unique to that situation and having one of the best players of all time and a club legend rejoining the club just a few months before. We don't have that this time and there likely isn't the same toxic atmosphere around the squad now as there was 3 years ago. Morale and confidence are just low.

Just because something didn't work in th past dosn't mean it isn't the right route to go down again if you need to.

While I can see your point, I wouldn't sign that as a global truth. An interim manager is supposed to take over to make the team functional and, in a best-case-scenario, support the takeover to the new coach. I think, there aren't any templates for that, given that clubs will find themselves in very different situations when an interim comes, one is finding himself hunting European football places, another fights against relegation and another one fights for nothing because the team hovers around 9th to 13th place. I personally don't really get your sentiment of salvaging a season. Because I personally do not want to hunt international places only to play EL next year. Or Conference League or whatever. The objective for this season should be the same as for ETH - improve the fecking team by improving their level of organisation. Granted, most likely ETH isn't going to achieve that but the interim should have exactly the same objective. There is simply no point in taking two steps back, going back to "keep it compact and counter" only for the sake of some results, as if a 5th or 6th place would be less hurtful to the ego than a 10th or 11th place is. Whoever the manager is, we have to get a pressing scheme in place and we have to improve the team as a functional unit. Delaying that once again will have the next manager (if we go interim and next manager in the summer) face the exact same challenge as ETH faces right now.

My post was poorly worded I agree an interim should be doing everything you've just described. But what I should have said was they should also be focusing on raising morale.

As for the new Interim/Coach improving the organisation and pressing tactics of the team. Let's be honest we're so poorly coached in just about every aspect that anyone be pretty much starting over again. Even if an Interim coach tries to successfully implement that mid-season (unlikely) the next permanent coach is basically going to be starting from scratch anyway in pre-season, so there's little to lose at this stage.

But european football, especially CL football is vital to the clubs business model. Ratcliffe has said as much, we can't be fecking about for 2-3 seasons in the EL/ECL or not in europe at all. So if an Interim is brought in with the mandate to get Euro football then so be it. Being in the CL or at least the EL next year would be much more useful to the next permanent coach than an Interim trying to undo 3 years of Ten Hag's poor coaching.

What’s our win/loss record for the calendar year 2024 (and only including this years results is being generous)?

Surely all they need to do is look at that see all the evidence they need to make a call.

Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
All Comps​
35​
17​
48.6%​
9​
25.7%​
9​
25.7%​
68​
53​
+15​
PL Only​
25​
11​
44.0%​
5​
20.0%​
9​
36.0%​
40​
39​
+1​

Someone lock gaz in the shitter.
If it was Salford, he'd have sacked Ten Hag months ago

I don't know why he's so set on United being stuck with managers. Especially now where Ten Hag is clearly putting his self-interest ahead of the club.

If it was Salford, he'd have sacked Ten Hag months ago

I don't know why he's so set on United being stuck with managers. Especially now where Ten Hag is clearly putting his self-interest ahead of the club.
He is irrelevant in Grand Scheme of things anybody who thinks otherwise is being Naive .

Didn't realise he was at West Brom. Cheers. Previous behaviour is best indication for future actions. Ashworth definitely isn't someone who regularly sacks managers and is actually less experienced than Woodward in that regard. :lol:
Bring back Ed. Edd n Edy too.

Ratcliffe said that the decision to keep him was made before the new SLT was in place.

Berada has said the decision didn’t involve him because it was 2 months before he started.

Ashworth said the decision was made before he joined.

They’ve all washed their hands of him in public already. I think they will all be chomping at the bit to get their own man into the job.

I honestly think that the decision was made to keep him because they didn’t want to be lumbered with a new manager that Ashworth had no involvement in hiring. The new manager will represent the real start of the new era and will be chosen carefully.

This is the first opportunity the complete team have to sack him - it sounds like it will always be taken at these SLT meetings which happen once a month so the last one would have been at the start of September - too early if we were giving ETH a chance to prove himself.

He’s had his chance, he’s failed and they will be very much looking forward to getting their own hire in.

You're making sense. I hope you're right.

Ratcliffe said that the decision to keep him was made before the new SLT was in place.

Berada has said the decision didn’t involve him because it was 2 months before he started.

Ashworth said the decision was made before he joined.

They’ve all washed their hands of him in public already. I think they will all be chomping at the bit to get their own man into the job.

I honestly think that the decision was made to keep him because they didn’t want to be lumbered with a new manager that Ashworth had no involvement in hiring. The new manager will represent the real start of the new era and will be chosen carefully.

This is the first opportunity the complete team have to sack him - it sounds like it will always be taken at these SLT meetings which happen once a month so the last one would have been at the start of September - too early if we were giving ETH a chance to prove himself.

He’s had his chance, he’s failed and they will be very much looking forward to getting their own hire in.

Good post and very logical. I am praying you are right.

Gary Neville buzzing after that 0-0 away draw at Villa.
does to show how things are different here, youd imagine if that was in france, italy or spain, the ultras etc would be out in force, letting Big Jim know exactly what they think for us being 14th..