Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they don't sack him we might as well shut up shop because we're not serious about football. Keep the shop open for old kits etc.

That's what I was thinking before, it's like the club is retiring itself at this point. I think somebody said on here a while ago that Manchester United kits aren't even among the clubs like Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc. in foreign major stores anymore. I've young nephews who are finding it very tough remaining loyal to the club, and I can't even blame them because we lose games nearly every week.

If they keep him now that says they are okay with writing this season off essentially.

If so feck INEOS.

I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. Zirkzee, De Ligt, Martinez, Casemeiro, Ugarte, Anthony all on the bench. These are six of his signings on the bench and huge money spent :rolleyes:. You give a manager time to adapt his new signings but he is reverting to basically Oles signings to dig him out of a hole.
He is not building a team is my main concern and probably the sooner he is out of this club the better.

It’s another reason why the change should have been made in the summer. The manager is talking about this being a young team and building something but in reality is just trying to survive.

Said this before but people often mistakenly think keeping a manager brings stability. But when you keep one who is on the verge of the sack it’s the least stable option. He has no plan other than trying to keep his job, no time or patience to integrate new signings and the team is in crisis.

The club would most likely be a lot more stable if ETH had been moved on in the summer.

I’m still hopeful he goes over next couple of days, would imagine nothing would happen before the management meet on Tuesday. I’m guessing if they don’t sack him there is going to have to be some form of vote of confidence.

Obviously they have budgeted to qualify for CL this season under ETH. He is 100% going to be sacked. Relax muppets, it will happen. One of Tuchel or Frank is good with me. I think based on everything that is going on, that it will be Tuchel. Would prefer Frank though. Very likeable manager and deserves a crack at a big club.

Allowing somebody who didn't build a sqaud at Ajax freehand to build a squad here was hellishly risky.
Yes, finally someone got it, you shouldnt blame Erik for the transfers, unless you got a clear agenda.. You should blame those who agreed to that.. But he should still be fired ASAP

It might sound daft, but these MEN polls seem to get noticed a lot by other media and outlets, they were mentioned a lot after the FA Cup final poll. Everybody needs to be voting.

My answers seem to be in line with the majority. Nice to see so many now saying it was a mistake to keep ETH on after the FA Cup final. Hopefully INEOS take notice of some of these poll results now.

Would also be happy with Thomas Frank but i reckon this squad of primadonnas would down tools as soon as they could with him.
I don't think we are seeing a case of players downing tools like we have seen before.

This is purely down to EtH completely out of his depth.

If hey want CL Qualification then he'll be sacked.
We don't know what they want yet unfortunately. Not for this season anyway. Everything on record from the hierarchy, in terms of expectations for the club, is all longer term.

I believe so. It’s only October. If we find some consistency under the next bloke we could be in the fight.

Definitely. It's only 6 points up to 4th place, 5th might be enough and we could also win the Europa League.

As I said for McKenna, this squad will chew him away because they think they will be bigger than him. I think it could he a ‘Potter at Chelsea’ kind of situation. Tuchel commands respect and has authority.

I think fans tend to overthink these things. Ten Hag wasn’t the most accomplished manager - yes he’d won titles in Holland - but he was allowed to pretty much put his stamp on things - with some really important calls, mind.

So long as the club is behind the manager and supporting their decisions, the players have no choice but to fall in line.

And that’s without mentioning that United doesn’t have a single world class player or even really have many accomplished players for that matter - Casemiro being the exception, but he’s in the twilight of his career. The squad is pretty young and there aren’t that many strong personalities in there.

He’d be fine.

It’s another reason why the change should have been made in the summer. The manager is talking about this being a young team and building something but in reality is just trying to survive.

Said this before but people often mistakenly think keeping a manager brings stability. But when you keep one who is on the verge of the sack it’s the least stable option. He has no plan other than trying to keep his job, no time or patience to integrate new signings and the team is in crisis.

The club would most likely be a lot more stable if ETH had been moved on in the summer.

I’m still hopeful he goes over next couple of days, would imagine nothing would happen before the management meet on Tuesday. I’m guessing if they don’t sack him there is going to have to be some form of vote of confidence.

Excellent point about stability.

I hate the football Frank plays, no thanks. Iraola is the one if we're taking a punt on a hipster manager from a small club.

Obviously they have budgeted to qualify for CL this season under ETH. He is 100% going to be sacked. Relax muppets, it will happen. One of Tuchel or Frank is good with me. I think based on everything that is going on, that it will be Tuchel. Would prefer Frank though. Very likeable manager and deserves a crack at a big club.
I recall some saying the same about Ole during his stint as interim. Often the hard truth is that only a handful of managers have the psychological resilience to manage the ludicrous amount of media scrutiny clubs like United bring to the game - even if much of that attention is on how poor we now are. This is why the jump to a big club isn’t always the best thing for managers that have carved out a niche in successfully managing smaller clubs. I.e Potter, Ole, Emery

Not sure why. I would say it is normally best to let the scouting department do the squadbuilding and talent identification . We have tried to let our managers have a big say in this for the last 10 years and it has led us to wasting bns of pounds.
SAF had a good eye for a talent, and for what would actually work for us, and is probably the reason why Glazers and Woodward thought every manager worth their salt could do the same. They somehow managed to underestimate just how special SAF was.
I am sure Erik was pushing the hardest for players like Mount and Antony. Two of the worst transfers in the clubs history. It would never happen if we let our head of recruitment decide

I don't see how a guy can be a top manager if he can't tell a good player from a bad player.

Sure let the scouting department do the leg work but the manager has to get able to look at their recommendations and have the ability to make a sound judgement.

If they don't sack him we might as well shut up shop because we're not serious about football. Keep the shop open for old kits etc.
I mean they've already shown that they're completely reactionary. Everybody expected Villa to demolish us yesterday, a draw was a shock result, so it's maybe planted seeds of hope in their minds that he can turn it around. Same as the FA Cup final where everyone expected us to get embarrassed also.

I was interested to see how our goal record compared to other teams since the League Cup Final (when I think we can all agree our form began to drop). The answer is below. Depressing how many average teams have managed to outscore us since then.

Clubs​
Games​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Man City​
58​
143​
50​
93​
Arsenal​
59​
142​
55​
87​
Liverpool​
60​
136​
62​
74​
Newcastle​
60​
126​
87​
39​
Tottenham​
58​
112​
97​
15​
Aston Villa​
59​
109​
78​
31​
Chelsea​
59​
108​
93​
15​
Brighton​
61​
101​
96​
5​
Brentford​
60​
90​
94​
-4​
West Ham​
59​
89​
111​
-22​
Fulham​
58​
84​
91​
-7​
Crystal Palace​
59​
81​
86​
-5​
Man Utd​
59​
79​
81​
-2​
Bournemouth​
59​
77​
100​
-23​
Nottm Forest​
59​
76​
99​
-23​
Wolves​
59​
72​
111​
-39​
Everton​
59​
64​
91​
-27​

Should be sacked by now. Better to do it now then next month or Xmas.

It's not going to improve. Think we are up there as one of the worst teams in league football style wise.

Brutal.

Nothing surprises me with this club when it comes to incompetence.
Ratcliffe said that the decision to keep him was made before the new SLT was in place.

Berada has said the decision didn’t involve him because it was 2 months before he started.

Ashworth said the decision was made before he joined.

They’ve all washed their hands of him in public already. I think they will all be chomping at the bit to get their own man into the job.

I honestly think that the decision was made to keep him because they didn’t want to be lumbered with a new manager that Ashworth had no involvement in hiring. The new manager will represent the real start of the new era and will be chosen carefully.

This is the first opportunity the complete team have to sack him - it sounds like it will always be taken at these SLT meetings which happen once a month so the last one would have been at the start of September - too early if we were giving ETH a chance to prove himself.

He’s had his chance, he’s failed and they will be very much looking forward to getting their own hire in.

They surely can’t come out of that meeting thinking he’s still the man for the job. Let’s be honest they wanted him gone in the summer the FA Cup win and the fact Tuchel turned us down just kept him in the job

This squad should be in for a top 4 finish there’s no excuses

Yeah, hes a massive tit though

Really? Never struck me as, though I don’t keep abreast of these things. What has he done?

He always comes off as generally likeable when I’ve seen him talk. Besides, maybe being a bit of a dickhead might not be a bad thing, good managers tend to have some edge

Yes, but a manager doesn't have time to see a lot of players as he has to manage his own team. So the amount of players he can judge will be very limited.

True he doesn't have as much time as head of scouting.

Bit it's easier than ever to look at players. From his office chair a manager can basically watch any match across the planet.

Scouting has never been this easy.

Ratcliff was going change everything about this club but nothing change at all it got worse. Now we demand change before we get relegated

Ratcliffe said that the decision to keep him was made before the new SLT was in place.

Berada has said the decision didn’t involve him because it was 2 months before he started.

Ashworth said the decision was made before he joined.

They’ve all washed their hands of him in public already. I think they will all be chomping at the bit to get their own man into the job.

I honestly think that the decision was made to keep him because they didn’t want to be lumbered with a new manager that Ashworth had no involvement in hiring. The new manager will represent the real start of the new era and will be chosen carefully.

This is the first opportunity the complete team have to sack him - it sounds like it will always be taken at these SLT meetings which happen once a month so the last one would have been at the start of September - too early if we were giving ETH a chance to prove himself.

He’s had his chance, he’s failed and they will be very much looking forward to getting their own hire in.
I hope you are right.

I need to do some homework on Berrada and Ashworth's individual history of sacking managers - because I don't know too much about them.

True he doesn't have as much time as head of scouting.

Bit it's easier than ever to look at players. From his office chair a manager can basically watch any match across the planet.

Scouting has never been this easy.
But that's a fact for everybody. There is so much data and footage available that you severely limit yourself with a manager-driven approach to scouting. Sure it's good to have the manager looking at potential players to see if they fit his ideas, but any further involvement of the manager in the scouting process would just be stupid.

I was interested to see how our goal record compared to other teams since the League Cup Final (when I think we can all agree our form began to drop). The answer is below. Depressing how many average teams have managed to outscore us since then.

Clubs​
Games​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Man City​
58​
143​
50​
93​
Arsenal​
59​
142​
55​
87​
Liverpool​
60​
136​
62​
74​
Newcastle​
60​
126​
87​
39​
Tottenham​
58​
112​
97​
15​
Aston Villa​
59​
109​
78​
31​
Chelsea​
59​
108​
93​
15​
Brighton​
61​
101​
96​
5​
Brentford​
60​
90​
94​
-4​
West Ham​
59​
89​
111​
-22​
Fulham​
58​
84​
91​
-7​
Crystal Palace​
59​
81​
86​
-5​
Man Utd​
59​
79​
81​
-2​
Bournemouth​
59​
77​
100​
-23​
Nottm Forest​
59​
76​
99​
-23​
Wolves​
59​
72​
111​
-39​
Everton​
59​
64​
91​
-27​
Difficult to imagine any manager performing worse at United without resorting to sabotage

I don't see how a guy can be a top manager if he can't tell a good player from a bad player.

Sure let the scouting department do the leg work but the manager has to get able to look at their recommendations and have the ability to make a sound judgement.
Neither Pep, Klopp or Arteta has had the final authority over transfers at their clubs. Seems to me to work rather better than our model.

Of course, what they have had is a good, close working relationship with a highly qualified management leadership group driven by similar ideas on what the club needs. Maybe that would be worth trying. Starting with hiring a manager who buys into that concept, as opposed to refusing a contract extension in order to keep a transfer regime based on the managers right to veto.

I hope you are right.

I need to do some homework on Berrada and Ashworth's individual history of sacking managers - because I don't know too much about them.
I hope I am right too. If he’s not sacked soon it will be the first real thing that’s got me worrying

Really? Never struck me as, though I don’t keep abreast of these things. What has he done?

He always comes off as generally likeable when I’ve seen him talk. Besides, maybe being a bit of a dickhead might not be a bad thing, good managers tend to have some edge
Some United fans don't like him after his comments when they outplayed us for spells and still lost the game. He took a few digs.

I didn't mind it. He was showing a bit of passion and hurt after a tough defeat.