Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tuchel yes. Frank no.

Frank's football would be fancier but not more effective.

Could see the fanbase turn on him fast, not to mention, the players when he stops smiling at them. Mind, Tuchel may alienate people with his Quantum of Solace bullshit, so it's a tricky one.

If we're looking in the Prem then I'd go for Marco Silva over Frank every time.

Fulham always seem to be pretty competitive in most of the games they play in, and don't often seem to get hammered either (I'm sure someone will pull up their results to prove me wrong in a minute...)

Shit, something might actually be happening? I won't hold my breath but will live in hope.

I'd obviously be happy with Tuchel, very good coach and I think will resonate with fans in the end as he's always on the touchline going through it with the players and fans, he will argue with referees and opponent managers over decisions etc. He has a lot of passion, and I think it will hit well with the fans. He has that Klopp like bond with his players too, when he's happy with them. Obviously he's a good tactician too. I just hope, if he gets the job, we see more of his Dortmund tactics with the all action, high energy approach. Less of the conservative play we saw at times at Chelsea.

Frank I really respect him as a coach, and would give him a chance. My only concern is that he plays basically Oleball but just a hell of a lot better. I don't mean any disrespect to him by that, as it is really good what he does. But, I just don't know if it's the answer for us in the long run. Maybe he can add a bit of control to go with the chaos his tactics cause.

Next six league fixtures are: Brentford (H), West Ham (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (H), Ipswich (A), Everton (H). It's five teams from the bottom half of the table, as well as four home games in that streak.

If we want to go anywhere in the table, we have to take four wins here.

It's a nice run of games for a new manager.

If a new guy is going to happen this season now seems like the best moment.

From Melissa Reddy

Man Utd will not panic over Erik ten Hag future and will be 'measured' over boss' performance ahead of executive meeting on Tuesday​

Manchester United will not panic and are determined to be 'measured' in how they assess Erik ten Hag's future; Man Utd have won only three of 11 games in all competitions this season, and only Southampton have scored fewer Premier League goals

Manchester United are refusing to panic and will be "measured" when considering next steps over how to move the club forward with Erik ten Hag calm over his position ahead of Tuesday's executive committee meeting.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sir Dave Brailsford have a long-scheduled catch-up in London, which will also be attended by chief executive Omar Berrada, sporting director Dan Ashworth and technical director Jason Wilcox.

All were at Villa Park on Sunday afternoon to witness United's goalless draw with Aston Villa, which confirmed their worst start to a Premier League season and leaves the club 14th in the league, having scored just five times in seven games - more than only 19th-placed Southampton.

Co-chairman Joel Glazer, who along with Ratcliffe and Brailsford forms the key decision-making trinity, will also be at the summit. It represents an INEOS-led commitment to discuss football operations in person monthly.

Sky Sports News understands the timing of the meeting, which is likely to include chief operating officer Collette Roche and chief financial officer Roger Bell, is due to the availability of all required attendees given the international break.
It is not on account of United's form, which sees them winless in five matches across all competitions.

It is the responsibility of Ashworth, Berrada and Wilcox - the latter being the member of the leadership team that works closest with Ten Hag on matters like implementing the game model and who is often present to observe training sessions - to assess performances and progress - or the lack thereof.

Shit, something might actually be happening? I won't hold my breath but will live in hope.

I'd obviously be happy with Tuchel, very good coach and I think will resonate with fans in the end as he's always on the touchline going through it with the players and fans, he will argue with referees and opponent managers over decisions etc. He has a lot of passion, and I think it will hit well with the fans. Obviously he's a good tactician too. I just hope, if he gets the job, we see more of his Dortmund tactics with the all action, high energy approach. Less of the conservative play we saw at times at Chelsea.

Frank I really respect him as a coach, and would give him a chance. My only concern is that he plays basically Oleball but just a hell of a lot better. I don't mean any disrespect to him by that, as it is really good what he does. But, I just don't know if it's the answer for us in the long run. Maybe he can add a bit of control to go with the chaos his tactics cause.
Frank adapted to The PL. Brentford were more possession oriented in The Championship. He's adaptable.

They sold Toney and their new big money signing ST got injured in pre-season, yet he still has their attack functioning.

It really was. Crazy decision.
Being a good manager doesn’t equate having an great eye for a talent

I think the vast majority of the time the two go hand in hand. The best managers know a player when they see one.

To me the manager should be the best scout at the club.

Thomas Frank is very underrated. Done a cracking job at Brentford.
As I said for McKenna, this squad will chew him away because they think they will be bigger than him. I think it could he a ‘Potter at Chelsea’ kind of situation. Tuchel commands respect and has authority.

As sir Jim has previously said, ‘We’re walking towards a solution rather than running towards a decision’ sic
So most likely we won’t hear anything for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
As sir Jim has previously said, ‘We’re walking towards a solution rather than running towards a decision’ sic
So most likely we won’t hear anything for a couple weeks.

Sometimes you need to run towards a decision, when it gets bad enough. That saying is all well and good if the ship is still relatively sailing, but it's just about sinking now.

I think the vast majority of the time the two go hand in hand. The best managers know a player when they see one.
Yes, but a manager doesn't have time to see a lot of players as he has to manage his own team. So the amount of players he can judge will be very limited.

Didn't say anything about ETH remaining in charge.

You didn’t but if all those guys in that room on Tuesday think a 6 point gap is achievable whilst keeping the manager in charge, maybe they should have kept Woodward in charge. Even he wasn’t this deluded.

Frank adapted to The PL. Brentford were more possession oriented in The Championship. He's adaptable.

They sold Toney and their new big money signing ST got injured in pre-season, yet he still has their attack functioning.

Yeah I'm not going to criticise him at all as I do like the guy and think he's done an amazing job, I bet there are posts from me last season arguing with the Ten Hag In lot that he's a better coach than ETH. It's just a slight doubt I have with regards to the football. I didn't see much of them in the Championship though, so that is reassuring.

You didn’t but if all those guys in that room on Tuesday think a 6 point gap is achievable whilst keeping the manager in charge, maybe they should have kept Woodward in charge. Even he wasn’t this deluded.
Have no idea what your'e talking about mate. The assumption was we sack him because it's still achievable.

I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. Zirkzee, De Ligt, Martinez, Casemeiro, Ugarte, Anthony all on the bench. These are six of his signings on the bench and huge money spent :rolleyes:. You give a manager time to adapt his new signings but he is reverting to basically Oles signings to dig him out of a hole.
He is not building a team is my main concern and probably the sooner he is out of this club the better.

I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing. Zirkzee, De Ligt, Martinez, Casemeiro, Ugarte, Anthony all on the bench. These are six of his signings on the bench and huge money spent :rolleyes:. You give a manager time to adapt his new signings but he is reverting to basically Oles signings to dig him out of a hole.
He is not building a team is my main concern and probably the sooner he is out of this club the better.

It's because, at this stage, we're at a ridiculous point where our manager is out for himself. 100% self preservation mode, and we're seemingly allowing it. It's just a circus.

He's given up on his own tactics yet again, he's reverted to older players we have apparently needed to move on from, he's parking the bus against a weakened Villa side who were playing awfully and there for the taking. Nothing he is doing now is with a view to the long term good of the club, only himself.

Would also be happy with Thomas Frank but i reckon this squad of primadonnas would down tools as soon as they could with him.

To me the manager should be the best scout at the club.
Not sure why. I would say it is normally best to let the scouting department do the squadbuilding and talent identification . We have tried to let our managers have a big say in this for the last 10 years and it has led us to wasting bns of pounds.
SAF had a good eye for a talent, and for what would actually work for us, and is probably the reason why Glazers and Woodward thought every manager worth their salt could do the same. They somehow managed to underestimate just how special SAF was.
I am sure Erik was pushing the hardest for players like Mount and Antony. Two of the worst transfers in the clubs history. It would never happen if we let our head of recruitment decide

If we sack ETH can we still get CL?

Plenty of games remaining to turn our fortunes around with a new Manager. The issue I think we'll find is being able to flick the switch and turn from a team that can barely kick the ball at the opponents goal to actually freely scoring goals on a consistent basis. That's not something that'll happen over night. It's not impossible, but it will get harder the longer we delay this decision. If they seriously do what CL qualification then they have to act now.

He was like that at the end of the season, nowt has changed really.

Yeah it was laughable then and it is now. It can't go on forever though, if we can see it then surely the experts at our club can recognise exactly what he's upto and how it serves nobody but himself.

The crazy thing is that his approach lends credibility to the idea that he gets to this '2 games to save his job' point. You'd think that isn't how we are run, but his tactics make it look like that's exactly how it is.