Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
My mindset won't change unless he genuinely goes on a winning run. Can't even remember the last time he did so in the league. I don't care what's easy and what's not, he needs to start winning games and proving he's a manager who can actually win titles at United. We've had a relatively decent start all things considered fixture wise anyway, with an almost full squad available.
What is the current mindset toward him now?
I think weve been here before but our fixtures weren't "decent" in my opinion (objectively for any club not just ours). Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Brighton as part of the first 7 is not a 'decent' run in my books. The 7 we had including Brentford sounds decent though - Ipswich, Everton, Leicester among those.

What is the current mindset toward him now?
I think weve been here before but our fixtures weren't "decent" in my opinion (objectively for any club not just ours). Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Brighton as part of the first 7 is not a 'decent' run in my books. The 7 we had including Brentford sounds decent though - Ipswich, Everton, Leicester among those.

If he's a manager who in the future you believe can win titles at this club, or maybe you don't believe that, I don't know. Why are you going on about easy and hard fixtures? He's managing one of the biggest clubs on the planet and you're talking about fixtures as if we're Everton.

If he's a manager who in the future you believe can win titles at this club, or maybe you don't believe that, I don't know. Why are you going on about easy and hard fixtures? He's managing one of the biggest clubs on the planet and you're talking about fixtures as if we're Everton.
So the reason I asked this is because it appears if we were to sack Ten Hag, the next manager would be likely to be a stepping stone to say, a Nagelsmann after the world cup or similar. Unless of course we were going for Amorim.

If we were to look at Frank, Silva etc. then they would carry their own risks and I don't think there is that big a chance any of them would lead us to titles. If they were to make us relevant again, then sure, thats why I wanted to check expectation on Ten Hag.

Re. easy/hard fixtures, it was just to address your point about us allegedly having a 'decent' start fixture wise. I don't think that was the case, and thats irrespective of whether we talk about United or say, Liverpool with that set.

This feels like a season where Arsenal and City might not be at their best. A huge opportunity for someone else with a little consistency to take advantage.

Sadly we are nowhere near. Running on a hamster wheel called “The Process”

This feels like a season where Arsenal and City might not be at their best. A huge opportunity for someone else with a little consistency to take advantage.

Sadly we are nowhere near. Running on a hamster wheel called “The Process”

This is what I don't understand from anyone who still wants to keep this guy around. We can't take advantage of rivals being under par because our consistency is still light years away from them even when they're not at their best.

He will probably get the whole season now. I do think it’s his last season though. Better just get used to it. Hope we can produce some good spells along the way. Worst case scenario we jump back and forth between good and bad games throughout the season

Yeah I have accepted he is here until then

So the reason I asked this is because it appears if we were to sack Ten Hag, the next manager would be likely to be a stepping stone to say, a Nagelsmann after the world cup or similar. Unless of course we were going for Amorim.

If we were to look at Frank, Silva etc. then they would carry their own risks and I don't think there is that big a chance any of them would lead us to titles. If they were to make us relevant again, then sure, thats why I wanted to check expectation on Ten Hag.

Re. easy/hard fixtures, it was just to address your point about us allegedly having a 'decent' start fixture wise. I don't think that was the case, and thats irrespective of whether we talk about United or say, Liverpool with that set.

So in your opinion should it be

Ten Hag/someone else to fill gap until Nagelsmann available after 2026 World Cup or go all in for Amorim at end of the season instead

So in your opinion should it be

Ten Hag/someone else to fill gap until Nagelsmann available after 2026 World Cup or go all in for Amorim at end of the season instead
Out of the two choice you've provided? A tricky one, both Nagelsmann and Amorim are good coaches. I think a smaller risk with Amroim because if we continue inconsistency under Ten Hag the change can be made earlier.

Out of the two choice you've provided? A tricky one, both Nagelsmann and Amorim are good coaches. I think a smaller risk with Amroim because if we continue inconsistency under Ten Hag the change can be made earlier.
Those two, alongside Inzaghi, are the three managers whom I’d most want to succeed ten Hag as our manager, as I’ve said many times before. Amorim is the most obtainable probably.

Those two, alongside Inzaghi, are the three managers whom I’d most want to succeed ten Hag as our manager, as I’ve said many times before. Amorim is the most obtainable probably.
I don't see the big value in Inzaghi if he can't even speak English.

I don't see the big value in Inzaghi if he can't even speak English.
Yeah, that is a big downside to him. It’s why Zidane was ultimately unlikely to come here as he doesn’t speak English either (he apparently does know a bit of English but is nowhere near fluent).

Yeah, that is a big downside to him. It’s why Zidane was ultimately unlikely to come here as he doesn’t speak English either (he apparently does know a bit of English but is nowhere near fluent).
Zidane is unlikely because he just doesn't want to come to the PL on top. It's been suggested many times before.

The Spurs game was my turning point in regard to whether he should be relieved of his duties and replaced.

The 2nd half against Brentford was brilliant, but I was fooled into believing the performance we put in against City last season in the FA Cup final was what we were progressing towards as a team.

I'm like, 5% hopeful this will be a corner himself and team have turned, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

The Spurs game was my turning point in regard to whether he should be relieved of his duties and replaced.

The 2nd half against Brentford was brilliant, but I was fooled into believing the performance we put in against City last season in the FA Cup final was what we were progressing towards as a team.

I'm like, 5% hopeful this will be a corner himself and team have turned, but the evidence suggests otherwise.
Last years game against Brentford with that late Mctominay double was described as some fans as the turning point, in fact we had several turning points during last season alone . I share your 5% optimism.