Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
The draw wrongly will keep him in the job for a little while longer. It’s disappointing and I genuinely expected a more cutthroat approach from INEOS and Sir Jim, he’s not getting any younger.

Would take Tuchel on a 2.5 year contract - season is still very salvageable.

Wait until the November international break and it may well be long gone!

The draw wrongly will keep him in the job for a little while longer. It’s disappointing and I genuinely expected a more cutthroat approach from INEOS and Sir Jim, he’s not getting any younger.
There is enough evidence over time to make a decision. The idea that a draw in a league game will influence INEOS seems ludicrous to me. I can understand the FA Cup Final to an extent, when you also consider the context of that season. But now, 7 games in, we don't have the same context, it's our worst start ever under a new structure.

The draw to Villa, it was a very poor game, both teams were poor. Let's not pretend it was a good performance. The trajectory has not shifted up, but simply bottomed out, and Villa were not at the races.

We've changed everything BUT the manager. The decision that needs to be made is clear as day, everyone knows it and deep down Eric will too. I can't understand the logic of he won't be sacked until he loses. Something in this season can still be salvaged.

No thanks. An upgrade on Ten Hag for sure, but he was poor at Bayern. Not to mention that we've just signed a centre back he clearly didn't rate.
Which CB would that be? Clearly not de Ligt who was first choice in every match in which he was fit (except three or four when he just returned from injury or was rotated).

Is this like the Arteta situation? No one understood why Arse didn't sack him, he pulled through and came out on top. Can Ten Hag do the same? Similarly he has won a cup and is Antony United's Pepe? Just trying to see reason. I would've sacked Ten Hag too by now.

I think ETH is very lucky that Arteta is around.

There is enough evidence over time to make a decision. The idea that a draw in a league game will influence INEOS seems ludicrous to me. I can understand the FA Cup Final to an extent, when you also consider the context of that season. But now, 7 games in, we don't have the same context, it's our worst start ever under a new structure.

The draw to Villa, it was a very poor game, both teams were poor. Let's not pretend it was a good performance. The trajectory has not shifted up, but simply bottomed out, and Villa were not at the races.

We've changed everything BUT the manager. The decision that needs to be made is clear as day, everyone knows it and deep down Eric will too. I can't understand the logic of he won't be sacked until he loses. Something in this season can still be salvaged.
I agree that the idea that he should only be sacked after a loss is illogical. Notwithstanding this, it may be possible that given the number of changes to the backroom staff and players, the hierarchy have decided to give him a bit longer to sort out this enormous mess.

The players are his and the staff are his, if you sack the man - there will need to be yet another rebuild. The cycle may go on and on...

Once things get this bad everyone knows it's going to happen eventually anyway, I've never been able to wrap my head around what's to be gained from dragging it out. This time 3 years ago Solskjaer clearly wasn't turning it around the club let an international break drift by, we lost to Watford immediately after the break and then they had to scramble to sack Ole, appoint a caretaker and then find an Interim manager in a few days. If only this club could start being a bit more proactive. As much as people complained about the likes of Chelsea being trigger happy we're at the opposite end of the scale it's the hardest job in football to get sacked from. And always leaving things too late has contributed to the mess we've found ourselves in the last decade.

That's what's more worrying. It looks like INEOS will also let underperforming managers carry on far longer than they actually should.

I think ETH is very lucky that Arteta is around.
The Arteta excuse is starting to become invalid though, he already had Arsenal in a much better position in his 3rd season proper. Even if we are counting his first season which he started in December only, he still got Arsenal to fifth in his third which is better than what we are looking at now. Otherwise counting full seasons he was already in title challenge.

Ferguson excuse though... took him pretty much 5 years to sort us out.

100%.

To beat City, who have set the benchmark in recent years (vomits in my mouth), the way we did would give anyone cause to think: Could this guy get this level of performance out of these players more often in the right circumstances?

However, they have given it a go and its clear that he can't.

Even if Garnacho hadn't f'd up the 3 on 2 in stoppage time and we had stolen it, what would that have told us? There's quite a body of evidence to suggest the best Ten Hag can do with our squad is set up to counter. Worse, we are even more reactive now than we were when he first took over. Instead of looking something like Jose Mourinho's Madrid we are looking like late stage Mourinho Man Utd. Is that worth persisting with until 2026?

The devil in me thinks that what's happening now is exactly what this fanbase needs. This is what all those who wrote letters to the club and said that Ten Hag should be kept after the cup final deserve. A season where we end up in the lower half might change the attitudes towards managers in the club and among the fans

It should, but it won’t. It’s remarkable how easy and deep some of the fan base has been brainwashed. Most of the people who wrote letters etc have just chosen to go silent rather than admit they were wrong and they may need to reevaluate their thinking.

This total happiness of sacrificing season after season based on some mythology that we should not sack managers is beyond absurd.

There wouldn’t be any club in this league who would not have sacked EtH several times so far if they spent so much money on signing players and the squad had the quality that United has. He is easily the worst manager in the league at this stage, heck, might be the worst manager ever in EPL.

Tbh, at some point you just have to accept it's part of the clubs culture.

I dont really feel that the match going fans are too unhappy with the manager based on their interaction with him on the sidelines. A far cry from the time when Moyes had a moyesOut banner fly over OT after 8 mediocre months.

Now we’re on -7 GD from our last 53 matches excluding domestic cups and there are still people who want him in charge. Absolutely depressing how the standards have fallen over the years

Can this team really play better than what we're witnessing? Money aside, just look at the quality.

The fullbacks are nothing special, the IV is prone to making mistakes, Ugarte is new, there is to DLP who is press resistant over there. Furthermore the wingers are not pacy or that good at dribbling, Rashford is an egoshooter and the strikers are not clinical. I think all of that is a recipe for disaster.

It may not be title winning, but it’s certainly better than bottom half of the league and getting humiliated on a weekly basis. We can’t be using that as an excuse.

Bookmark this.

I have my money on us losing to Bodø/Glimt at OT on 28th. of November, and that will be his last match.

Bookmark this.

I have my money on us losing to Bodø/Glimt at OT on 28th. of November, and that will be his last match.
I can't take another six weeks of this. He needs to go now, on this international break. Hopefully announced on Wednesday after the meetings.

He would already have gone at a club with less patient fans.

I think that's a bit insulting to other football fans - saying they lack patience. Other football fanbases just seem to have a much better understanding of football.

They have the aptitude for this game to analyse and reach correct conclusions about their teams performance in a timely manner.

He would already have gone at a club with less patient fans. United’s match-going fanbase have been exemplary in their support of the manager.

Said it a couple pages back, but again, big issue at this club - fanbase is too nice and “optics oriented”. We’re sliding at a crazy pace here.

Tbh, at some point you just have to accept it's part of the clubs culture.

It is because no doubt many United fans come from United families. Where they've grown up listening to their Grandad/Dad/Uncle regaling them with stories of how they never doubted Ferguson in the early years and stuck by him in the tough times. Despite the fact that for every 10 people that claimed that 9 were probably bullshitters.

It is because no doubt many United fans come from United families. Where they've grown up listening to their Grandad/Dad/Uncle regaling them with stories of how they never doubted Ferguson in the early years and stuck by him in the tough times. Despite the fact that for every 10 people that claimed that 9 were probably bullshitters.
You mean like about 20 million people claim to have been in Woodstock? Makes sense as a theory.

Maybe Ineos could get rid of the away fans in the corner and just give tickets to you lot to boo and jeer the players and manager?

Next six league fixtures are: Brentford (H), West Ham (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (H), Ipswich (A), Everton (H). It's five teams from the bottom half of the table, as well as four home games in that streak.

If we want to go anywhere in the table, we have to take four wins here.

You mean like about 20 million people claim to have been in Woodstock? Makes sense as a theory.

Exactly, I'm from a big United family, my Dad and Uncles told me variations of that story when I was a kid and I know they were bullshitters. :lol:

I am actually starting to hate Ten Hag now, the guy is a crap manager and seriously deluded when he speaks.

As for Gary Neville - who the hell does he think he is?! I would argue the majority of our fans want ETH gone.

Our new INEOS overlords have made a total mess of everything as well so far, and every minute ETH remains in post, they look like the Glazers MK2.

Sad times for us all.

First time in the history of this club i feel that the manager is bigger than the club. He can do whatever he wants , with ownership that allows horrible football and horrible results week after week.

Next six league fixtures are: Brentford (H), West Ham (A), Chelsea (H), Leicester (H), Ipswich (A), Everton (H). It's five teams from the bottom half of the table, as well as four home games in that streak.

If we want to go anywhere in the table, we have to take four wins here.

I can see maybe 2 wins from those 6 games in our current form.

This type of thinking ignores the reality that Ten Hags position is now untenable or close to it. It looks like most of the players have lost belief and morale/confidence are in the gutter. And we're still suffering from Ten Hags tactics.

Continuing as we are might well lead to a bottom half finish or even a relegation scrap. If they've already decided he isn't upto the job then he has to go ASAP. As nothing positive will be gained from letting him stumble on. An interim can come in and steady the ship and we might be able to salvage something from this season.
Yeah or it goes the same way as with RR where the players knew he was going to go at the end of the season and didn't give a shit. Or somebody comes in, smiles a lot, gets a few decent results and the "hopeful" fanbase is ready to give it a shot with a transfer window. It's all been there.

On a serious note - I am with you, if there is a serious candidate out there, go for it. Just don't repeat the mistakes of the past.

We've already been far too patient with this man. Signing Antony alone should have sealed his fate.

£600m and our best centre back pairing with everyone fit in 2024 is Maguire Evans.

Holy shit, he's really still here. For all the talk of INEOS improving things, this is the worst its ever been. No sane minded regime would seriously have this manager continue with these results and performances. Not even Brighton would persist with this.

Last edited:
I am actually starting to hate Ten Hag now, the guy is a crap manager and seriously deluded when he speaks.

As for Gary Neville - who the hell does he think he is?! I would argue the majority of our fans want ETH gone.

Our new INEOS overlords have made a total mess of everything as well so far, and every minute ETH remains in post, they look like the Glazers MK2.

Sad times for us all.
Ineos make a decision we don't agree with so they are automatically the glazers MK2. Have a day off.