Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this like the Arteta situation? No one understood why Arse didn't sack him, he pulled through and came out on top. Can Ten Hag do the same? Similarly he has won a cup and is Antony United's Pepe? Just trying to see reason. I would've sacked Ten Hag too by now.

No Arteta had a bad 18 months when he first started. But his second full season saw improvement and by his third they were runners up and were in title race for large part of the season.

If he was doing this badly in that third full season I doubt he’d have survived. I think Pepe was signed by Emery but could be wrong.

Do you know what strawmanning is? I spoke about performances and you crowbarred the end results into it, not me.

Then you had a good moan about how I've spent a good chunk of explaining myself when it's clearly because you didn't actually read my post properly to begin with.

As to your last question, read the fecking post again :lol:

I’ve read your posts thanks. Why do you keep using our worst premier league campaign ever as the point of comparison when it comes to the quality of performances? Shouldn’t our standards be higher than that?

On the other hand, Malacia played 39 matches for United before the injury, and didn't seem any convincing or promising to say the least. He had 2687 minutes on the pitch to covince us that he is the right man for the job and he failed. Not to mention his unprofessional attitude. If rumours are true, he went back to Holland to get his surgery done even though the club wanted to have the surgery done elsewhere, and then simply disappeared for 2 months so at the club no one actually knew how his recovery is going.
Wow he played a whole 39 matches in a new, faster league before getting injured for a year

Some of you lot want robots

I’ve read your posts thanks. Why do you keep using our worst premier league campaign ever as the point of comparison when it comes to the quality of performances? Shouldn’t our standards be higher than that?
If you actually read the post you would know. I wasn't using it to justify keeping Ten Hag. I made this abundantly clear.

I said that exaggeration can been made on both sides on how good or bad we are.

If you actually read the post you would know. I wasn't using it to justify keeping Ten Hag.

I said that exaggeration can been made on both sides on how good or bad we are.

You keep dodging and deflecting. Why?

With respect I couldn't care less who you agree with. Don't accuse me of say implying anything I didn't say and I won't need to.
Cheers mate. You can continue to write one thing and expect others to read it as you meant something else.

It’s an easy decision to sack him. When Ruud got brought in people knew there was a plan. Incase of ETH failing this season and being sacked then he could step in until the end of the season whilst we go out and sign whoever we want as a manager. If we want the next best in class like they said they did. Then we’re gonna have to pay for someone like Inzaghi.
I keep hearing this but why do people think if?

Cheers mate. You can continue to write one thing and expect others to read it as you meant something else.
Considering I spoke about performances compared to last season and not results, I'm quite comfortable in the underlying point I made.

You can continue thinking end results and performances are the same thing.

You keep dodging and deflecting. Why?
I just answered your question. Again, read it. People say we are in a relegation fight when we aren't. It's exaggerating the narrative that doesn't need any exaggeration.

Read the posts again mate. Maybe the letters will rearrange and we will finally figure out what they meant.
Ironically if he read the post he would have got the answer.

It's now clear you didn't read it and just want to be part of a cheerleading squad instead of add value to a debate.

Read the posts again mate. Maybe the letters will rearrange and we will finally figure out what they meant.

Apparently there’s some merit in our performances being only mostly terrible because they’re not as completely terrible as they were last year. Or something.

Deeply agree with Paul Scholes who is shocked by the way ETH has built up the squad since last season, especially the attack.

ETH was a very risky appointment; had proved nothing at this level before. Now he is the worst manager we’ve had after SAF. Off course he has to be sacked

Ironically if he read the post he would have got the answer.

It's now clear you didn't read it and just want to be part of a cheerleading squad instead of add value to a debate.
I did read them. It’s only because I don’t agree with you I’m a part of the cheerleading squad instead and not adding any value.

You writing “read my posts again” in every post certainly adds groundbreaking value, i agree.

Is this like the Arteta situation? No one understood why Arse didn't sack him, he pulled through and came out on top. Can Ten Hag do the same? Similarly he has won a cup and is Antony United's Pepe? Just trying to see reason. I would've sacked Ten Hag too by now.

We need to stop searching for superficial narratives and parallels. That's cargo cult logic right there. Instead look coldly at the data. And by almost every metric that matters, we are not only underperforming, but also deteriorating. Some of what e.g. The Muppetiers have put out is disturbing, and even I was shocked seeing it laid out in cold numbers.

Then there's the stuff you can see with your own eyes, like the starting line-up today with all the new signings on the bench, or the fact that the man is clearly floundering, lying to everyone's face trying to justify stupidity, making excuses, etc. He's a joke at this point.

Sounds like things need to get even worse than they are now before they decide to get rid of the clown.

I did read them. It’s only because I don’t agree with you I’m a part of the cheerleading squad instead and not adding any value.

You writing “read my posts again” in every post certainly adds groundbreaking value, i agree.
All you say is "I agree with them" and not actually add any value. You then post child like answers to questions that were already answered in my initial post.

If you have actual value to add feel free to post it. Otherwise you know where the ignore button is.

Jim and co must have been very happy seeing over £140 million they gave ETH less than 2 months again all sitting on the bench against one of the top 4 teams in the PL

I just answered your question. Again, read it. People say we are in a relegation fight when we aren't. It's exaggerating the narrative that doesn't need any exaggeration.

In our last 15 league PL games we are very close to relegation form - certainly far closer to that than CL spot form. But yay, we had a much improved goalless half against 18th placed Palace.

Without a contingency plan, I hope that doesn't happen. Not because ETH isn't deserving it but because I don't see anything to be gained in pissing away 18 million in fees and the decision makers losing face for rectifying a mistake done only 2 month ago. When the right candidate is available, of course, go for it and get it over with. But when that candidate isn't available then there is no point in switching just for the sake of it. Especially taking into consideration how badly the last interim scenarios went for the club - both for different reasons of course.

This type of thinking ignores the reality that Ten Hags position is now untenable or close to it. It looks like most of the players have lost belief and morale/confidence are in the gutter. And we're still suffering from Ten Hags tactics.

Continuing as we are might well lead to a bottom half finish or even a relegation scrap. If they've already decided he isn't upto the job then he has to go ASAP. As nothing positive will be gained from letting him stumble on. An interim can come in and steady the ship and we might be able to salvage something from this season.

In our last 15 league PL games we are very close to relegation form - certainly far closer to that than CL spot form. But yay, we had a much improved goalless half against 18th placed Palace.
Absolutely nothing to do with the post I made, but OK

Jim and co must have been very happy seeing over £140 million they gave ETH less than 2 months again all sitting on the bench against one of the top 4 teams in the PL

I think it's pretty clear from performances that outside of Mazraoui, the other signings need time to settle.

Ineos will probably understand that and leave it to the manager and technical director to handle.

I think it's pretty clear from performances that outside of Mazraoui, the other signings need time to settle.

Ineos will probably understand that and leave it to the manager and technical director to handle.
That's just making excuses for Ten Hag, proffesionel footballers dont need this much time to settle into a new team - funny how its always 'more time' with this fraud.

I've had the feeling for weeks that they'll let this fester until November before finally reacting. The performances over the last week had me thinking they might act faster and pull the trigger during the break but I have my doubts. Ineos seem to have the turning speed of an oil tanker.

Absolutely nothing to do with the post I made, but OK

It’s related. I can explain it if you like.

You tried arguing that we’ve had “more encouraging performances structurally” than last season and I used that as an example of how far standards have fallen. Because minor improvements on some of our worst performances ever in our worst PL campaign ever is nothing to crow about - it comes across as a rather desperate attempt to deflect from the fact that our performances this season still fall very far below what we should expect, and very far below what we are seeing from other teams with fewer resources.

So why use such an incredibly low standard as the barometer for progress?

It’s related. I can explain it if you like.

You tried arguing that we’ve had “more encouraging performances structurally” than last season and I used that as an example of how far standards have fallen. Because minor improvements on some of our worst performances ever in our worst PL campaign ever is nothing to crow about - it comes across as a rather desperate attempt to deflect from the fact that our performances this season still fall very far below what we should expect, and very far below what we are seeing from other teams with fewer resources.

So why use such an incredibly low standard as the barometer for progress?
Sounds like you just wound yourself up again over things I never said.

We've had more encouraging performances than we did last year, Spurs and Liverpool aside. But the results haven't been good enough.

In totality this season thus far is not good enough. I've said this many times. This is why your post adds no value to what I said.

Take a beat and digest that, and move on.

I've had the feeling for weeks that they'll let this fester until November before finally reacting. The performances over the last week had me thinking they might act faster and pull the trigger during the break but I have my doubts. Ineos seem to have the turning speed of an oil tanker.
This could also be Van Haal like where everyone was expecting a sack in December but eventually he lasted the entire season.

I keep hearing this but why do people think if?
Because we’ve signed 2 managers as assistants. So at least 1 of them can step in. Although not classing Ruud as a manager properly as he’s only even managed PSV hasn’t he? However when things are going bad, the club, players and even fans need someone who knows the club to bring happiness back.

Dead man walking. And that's been the story for about a year now. We a wasting time with Eric I am afraid, and the only possibly positive thing in this is that we might wait on some top manager candidate. But I doubt it.

My mate asked to join his family to go to the museum yesterday right at KO time. I jumped at the chance but when I asked my wife she wasn’t feeling too well so ended up watching the footy at home.

I really wasn’t bothered by it. Win or lose there wasn’t much feeling on my side. Ten Hag has done this to me. I’m just waiting for the sack now, waiting for change.

Maybe I’ll be a bit more excited for the cups if we have another good run.

That's just making excuses for Ten Hag, proffesionel footballers dont need this much time to settle into a new team - funny how its always 'more time' with this fraud

I think it's clear that De Ligt, Ugarte and Zirkzee are off the pace at the moment.

It's October and they joined towards the end of the transfer window...

We've had more encouraging performances than we did last year, Spurs and Liverpool aside. But the results haven't been good enough.

In totality this season thus far is not good enough. I've said this many times. This is why your post adds no value to what I said.

Not wound up at all - I’m just genuinely curious why someone would use such an incredibly low standard as the barometer for progress.

I personally think there are much more meaningful and useful benchmarks to use when assessing our performances. For example, how our performances are stacking up against teams we should reasonably be competing with, or versus where we were before we saw such a big regression under Ten Hag.

Can this team really play better than what we're witnessing? Money aside, just look at the quality.

The fullbacks are nothing special, the IV is prone to making mistakes, Ugarte is new, there is to DLP who is press resistant over there. Furthermore the wingers are not pacy or that good at dribbling, Rashford is an egoshooter and the strikers are not clinical. I think all of that is a recipe for disaster.

Not wound up at all - I’m just genuinely curious why someone would use such an incredibly low standard as the barometer for progress.

I personally think there are much more meaningful and useful benchmarks to use when assessing our performances. For example, how our performances are stacking up against teams we should reasonably be competing with, or versus where we were before we saw such a big regression under Ten Hag.
I didn't say that the progress was good enough. Again you're trying to put words in my mouth.

This whole debate started because I said there has been exaggeration on how good or bad we are. I never said we are making sufficient progress.

Post better.

This could also be Van Haal like where everyone was expecting a sack in December but eventually he lasted the entire season.

Hopefully not but the difference back then was reportedly the decision to sack LVG was made in late December when we didn't win a game and we'd already agreed a deal in January with Jose to take over but his Chelsea contract maybe didn't allow it immedidately.

Why do you keep adding negative tone to other people's posts? Are you assuming other peoples emotions? I can see why people are struggling to engage with you.

Anyways, we've seen moments of improvements. But, it's still garbage football. We should have beaten Palace and put a few more past Fulham. That's about it. Liverpool and Spurs beat us easily. These improvements are short lived and not nearly enough.

Performances usually reap rewards after awhile. I'm just not seeing that. And it doesn't help that Ten Hags team cannot score goals and then defend a lead when we do finally get one.

Why do you keep adding negative tone to other people's posts? Are you assuming other peoples emotions? I can see why people are struggling to engage with you.

Anyways, we've seen moments of improvements. But, it's still garbage football. We should have beaten Palace and put a few more past Fulham. That's about it. Liverpool and Spurs beat us easily. These improvements are short lived and not nearly enough.

Performances usually reap rewards after awhile. I'm just not seeing that. And it doesn't help that Ten Hags team cannot score goals and then defend a lead when we do finally get one.
Not all other people. Just people who called me a troll and opposition supporter, and make up things I never say. Constantly saying my standards are too low when I said we aren't up to standard, it's frustrating.