Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's clear that De Ligt, Ugarte and Zirkzee are off the pace at the moment.

It's October and they joined towards the end of the transfer window...
It's not like they were on an All Inclusive holiday all summer before joining us.

Surely he gets the sack, you can't build something when the manager is in full out defence mode and not looking to build.

I mean playing Eriksen, Evans and Maguire shows that he has lost it really. Starting players that he wanted gone / in their final season, in important games shows he has lost trust and they have lost trust in him.

The football on the pitch is poor, its not improving and we are relying on teams to miss chances and us getting a lucky goal.

It's not like they were on an All Inclusive holiday all summer before joining us.

They have moved countries and playing in a new league. It can take time.

The ETH question obviously has to factor in details about the squad, but it will ultimately be about the assessment of the results vs the expectations based on the quality and balance of the squad

He's obviously underachieving regardless

I've had the feeling for weeks that they'll let this fester until November before finally reacting. The performances over the last week had me thinking they might act faster and pull the trigger during the break but I have my doubts. Ineos seem to have the turning speed of an oil tanker.

Yeah, I actually think there's zero chance he's sacked before the Brentford game. That's despite another two absolutely horrible performances. A circle is less less blunt than our attack.

Because we’ve signed 2 managers as assistants. So at least 1 of them can step in. Although not classing Ruud as a manager properly as he’s only even managed PSV hasn’t he? However when things are going bad, the club, players and even fans need someone who knows the club to bring happiness back.
Yes but I want to know why people keep thinking that there is a plan for Ruud to do it? Where did that idea come from? He has no more experience than the others, in fact they have more

Seriously how can a draw against Villa in which we created zero chances and defended like we were playing prime Barcelona ever be considered a good enough result that it eases the pressure on the manager? Goes to show how far the standards have fallen. Do we literally have to put together three disastrous performances in a row before he gets the sack? This is an absolutely insanely incompetent way to run a club. We all know he's a lame duck, and we're all just waiting for the inevitable. What is the point in drawing this out?

Misinformation with regards to fees - no desire to post accurate information
Haganomics:

Lost de gea on a free - signed onana for £70m
Lost Ronaldo on a free signed Hoijlund for £85m
Lost Mct for £25m signed Zirkzee for £35m
Lost Fred for £10m signed Amrabat loan for £10m then Ugarte for £60m
Lost AWB for £15m signed Mazraoui for £15m
Lost van der beek for £5m bought mount for £60m
Lost varane for free signed De Ligt for £40m
Lost Pogba for free signed Casemiro for £70m
Lost Greenwood for £10m signed Antony for £85m
Not able to lose Lindelof signed Martinez for £40m
Not able to lose Maguire signed Yoro for £60m
Lost Telles on a free signed Malacia for £15m
Signed Eriksen on a free

Ignore any errors in fees. I’ve not double checked exact amounts.

Last edited:
I've had the feeling for weeks that they'll let this fester until November before finally reacting. The performances over the last week had me thinking they might act faster and pull the trigger during the break but I have my doubts. Ineos seem to have the turning speed of an oil tanker.

At that point, you should just let him see the season out to be honest. Morale/confidence will the in the gutter, and we'll be too far off to do anything of note

I'd let him continue until the end then.

I didn't say that the progress was good enough. Again you're trying to put words in my mouth.

This whole debate started because I said there has been exaggeration on how good or bad we are. I never said we are making sufficient progress.

Post better.

Not putting words in your mouth - you keep choosing to use last season as a reference point when talking about progress in performances. All I’m doing is questioning the rationale and the value behind using a nadir we suffered under Ten Hag as any sort of meaningful reference point when discussing his suitability as manager.

Seems to me that such comparisons are allowing a lowering of standards under him to become normalized.

ETH seemed to in damage limitation mode with how he set up against Villa. Not a great sign at all. Zero ambition

He's getting the boot at some point now, the end of season or somewhere in between. He cannot be that deluded to think otherwise. So if I was in his shoes I'd call their bluff and say either back me or sack me. Surely he doesn't want to be in this position. Put the emphasis back on the decision makers. We all know he's going it's just when. He gets his 15 million or whatever and the club can move on to it's next adventure/mistake/whatever.

ETH and his family agency and scout associates are set for life. Time to cut it and move on with something else that can get us results and forward momentum.

Haganomics:

Not to support him but what the club decided to pay for the players has to do with the negotiators and not Ten Hag. There’s absolutely no way they should have paid 50+M for Mount in the final year of his deal or keep bidding for Antony when the price seemed to reach astronomical levels.

International break, now would be the best time to get someone new in.

This total happiness of sacrificing season after season based on some mythology that we should not sack managers is beyond absurd.

There wouldn’t be any club in this league who would not have sacked EtH several times so far if they spent so much money on signing players and the squad had the quality that United has. He is easily the worst manager in the league at this stage, heck, might be the worst manager ever in EPL.

14th in the PL
22nd in Europa League

We can't control games, we can't score, our defensive numbers are the 13th worst in the league and our players look like they have no idea what to do out there. It's a wake nightmare to support the club right now. Can the board please wake up and pull the plug on this asap. If he's not gone by tomorrow we're the biggest joke in world football this century.

Annoying statement of the week:
Gary Neville saying that no United-fan wants ETH to lose his job. A blatant lie. Most United-fans want him out yesterday.

Yeah, I actually think there's zero chance he's sacked before the Brentford game. That's despite another two absolutely horrible performances. A circle is less less blunt than our attack.

Once things get this bad everyone knows it's going to happen eventually anyway, I've never been able to wrap my head around what's to be gained from dragging it out. This time 3 years ago Solskjaer clearly wasn't turning it around the club let an international break drift by, we lost to Watford immediately after the break and then they had to scramble to sack Ole, appoint a caretaker and then find an Interim manager in a few days. If only this club could start being a bit more proactive. As much as people complained about the likes of Chelsea being trigger happy we're at the opposite end of the scale it's the hardest job in football to get sacked from. And always leaving things too late has contributed to the mess we've found ourselves in the last decade.

Not putting words in your mouth - you keep choosing to use last season as a reference point when talking about progress in performances. All I’m doing is questioning the rationale and the value behind using a nadir we suffered under Ten Hag as any sort of meaningful reference point when discussing his suitability as manager.

Seems to me that such comparisons are allowing a lowering of standards under him to become normalized.
Eh? Not quite. I said performances are better than last season which is a fine comparison because you're looking at where you were performing vs where you are performing now.

I also recognized that the improvement relative to last season is not sufficient on a standalone scale and still not near good enough.

You are posting as though I never did the second bit. It's getting a bit weird now.

At that point, you should just let him see the season out to be honest. Morale/confidence will the in the gutter, and we'll be too far off to do anything of note

I'd let him continue until the end then.

I know you would but for the sanity of me and many others I hope it's a case of sooner rather than later. The season can still be salvaged if the club act fast.

Can't tell if you're actually trolling here...
Of course I am, but anyone who had been banging that drum for months trying to protect ten Hag should not suddenly back down now because we've had 7 underwhelming games, and not even that because we've been pretty much on par with last season which they all thought was ok.

14th in the PL
22nd in Europa League

We can't control games, we can't score, our defensive numbers are the 13th worst in the league and our players look like they have no idea what to do out there. It's a wake nightmare to support the club right now. Can the board please wake up and pull the plug on this asap. If he's not gone by tomorrow we're the biggest joke in world football this century.

Annoying statement of the week:
Gary Neville saying that no United-fan wants ETH to lose his job. A blatant lie. Most United-fans want him out yesterday.

Oh Gary :lol:

No United fan wants us to have to fire a manager because they're failing spectacularly. But once they are failing most United fans want them out.

Can this team really play better than what we're witnessing? Money aside, just look at the quality.

The fullbacks are nothing special, the IV is prone to making mistakes, Ugarte is new, there is to DLP who is press resistant over there. Furthermore the wingers are not pacy or that good at dribbling, Rashford is an egoshooter and the strikers are not clinical. I think all of that is a recipe for disaster.

I think we can play much better. We have quality players in the back and the middle, our problem is the front. We invested in mediocre players and our academy players should only be back up.

Haganomics:

Signed Eriksen on a free

Why bother with the fees as a talking point when you have inflated them all?

Only Ten Hag can break his own record for our worst ever start to a Premier League season, achieved in back to back seasons and call it progress.

Last edited:
Haganomics:

Signed Eriksen on a free

You should do stand up

The devil in me thinks that what's happening now is exactly what this fanbase needs. This is what all those who wrote letters to the club and said that Ten Hag should be kept after the cup final deserve. A season where we end up in the lower half might change the attitudes towards managers in the club and among the fans

The result wasn't bad but even I actually think in isolation, that performance was pretty bad. Villa were awful and weren't much better. If one of our rivals out in that kind of performance against that Villa performance (with a few injuries too) I wouldn't be impressed at all.

Almost everybody was expecting Villa to hammer us silly. It didn't happen, and the game went 50:50.

But yes, agreed that it still didn't give me confidence that he has turned it around. Every game feels like he's playing a high gamble, a disaster waiting to happen.

Gary Neville really needs to stop speaking for Man Utd fans. Maybe Neville Neville wouldn't have wanted to sack the manager, he grew up in a different time.

I want a good manager who can get us winning games and move towards competing. If we have to sack a dozen managers before that happens than so be it.

Supporting a manager who is actively harming the club by being there is not something to be proud of.