Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
How fecking annoying is it gonna be when he turns up at a new club and suddenly plays possession football with inferior players?

It won't be annoying at all. The key takeaway is his failure to make this team click during his time at OT. Ten Hag was never a huge proponent for possession football before united anyway, it just happened to be a feature of how Ajax suffocated lesser opponents, not a primary way of playing

So it's OK for Nice to change 6 managers in 4 years, yet we can't sack this fool.

That might actually be a good sign. If, as we've heard, the likes of Berrada and Ashworth are reluctant to pull the trigger, then Ratcliffe might be the one to apply pressure on them to 'fix it'. He, Brailsford and Blanc are the only common denominators between the two clubs, unless I'm mistaken. No way they can tolerate their flagship club languishing like this surely?

We live in hope.

QUOTE="TsuWave, post: 32507773, member: 81619"]

[/QUOTE]

What a thoroughly depressing tweet, ah well least I can support my hometown team until INEOS see the error of their ways

Joke club
If this continues United will be in relegation battle.
Totally deserved

In the Summer, I said that it was vital that ETH be sacked.
The issue we have now is that the team is hitting depths hitherto not seen for decades.
Last year was our poorest start to an EPL campaign.
That negative record has now been broken again and ETH probably thinks that he is doing a good job.

ETH's MUFC is getting progressively worse and only a moron would ignore this.

I personally, wouldn't fire ETH right now - I'd tell him that he will be replaced in the Summer and look for a replacement (in the next 3 months) to come into the team in late May. The new hire could start having input on transfers before he arrives in May. Transfer targets should be lined up well in advance. This will be a well-planned turnaround for the manager's role. No panicking. No knee-jerk reaction. Just a well-planned change of manager. Top clubs do this often.

What happened in the last few months is that INEOS believed that ETH was a better option than all the other options available in the summer. They were wrong (as I knew would be the case). Now what will happen is that they will panic and probably fire him soon. They'll have a caretaker manager and this season will be a write-off.

INEOS are just as incompetent as their predecessors. Some may think that I am being premature in my assessment, but I believe they will continue bumbling their way through the seasons, as they did a few months back.

Had we got a Middle Eastern owner, I guarantee that swift action would've been taken in the Summer and ETH would've been replaced. For some reason, those who demand results, don't need to wait and assess a poor-performing manager. Our board, for the last 10 years don't seem to demand results and tends to hang onto managers who are not good enough.

In any case, this season is now a write-off and we can only hope that INEOS take their time to hire the right person and plan correctly so that the new person arrives in late May. What I think will actually happen is that INEOS will not do any planning and will simply "react" to what is going on.
Team is in the bottom half of the table - fire the manager.
We have no manager? Ask Ruud (or someone else) to take over temporarily.
The season's come to an end - Oh crap, we haven't signed a new manager, we need to find a new one in the next 2 weeks.
The best managers have all been snapped up - oh crap, let's just hire who is available now, even though we could've signed someone better 6 months ago.
Oh damn, the transfer window is open now, but we can't buy players because we don't know who the manager is and what players he wants.
Let's wait until he arrives.
Oh crap, the season starts in 2 weeks and we haven't signed any players....let's panic buy, now that the new manager is here.

I really hope I am wrong, but we are so badly run, it begs belief.
I kind of agree but we should just pay him his wages and make him stay away from the club and bring Ruud or Potter or Tuchel or someone in to coach the team. Or maybe Rene and Ruud.
Basically put him on gardening leave and hopefully we would improve a lot as soon as he's not hanging around like a bad smell.
I don't think the current squad is league winning quality but it's a damn sight better than they're showing under this prat.
I honestly think just getting back to basics with the stand in we would be lots better.

These people that don't want to get rid until they basically find Fergie 2.0 are just hoping for the impossible while the club falls into a relegation battle. And yes this is a possibility if he stays.

The main thing is to remove him from the squad now.

They don't want to pay him off, simple as that. Content to wallow in mediocrity for another season rather than stop the rot. Truth is, we don't know how bad this will get under Erik, he could get us in big trouble.

Today's result - with nearly all his marquee signings relegated to the bench or unavailable - gave them a tepid excuse to keep him on.

It's absolutely pathetic and even Ruud looks mystified at what's going on.

I kind of agree but we should just pay him his wages and make him stay away from the club and bring Ruud or Potter or Tuchel or someone in to coach the team. Or maybe Rene and Ruud.
Basically put him on gardening leave and hopefully we would improve a lot as soon as he's not hanging around like a bad smell.
I don't think the current squad is league winning quality but it's a damn sight better than they're showing under this prat.
I honestly think just getting back to basics with the stand in we would be lots better.

These people that don't want to get rid until they basically find Fergie 2.0 are just hoping for the impossible while the club falls into a relegation battle. And yes this is a possibility if he stays.

The main thing is to remove him from the squad now.
What sort of coach is Ruud?
Is his style of play a lot different from Erik's

Wow, Ten Hag Fan Club hanging on to the tattered shreds of their lame arguments :lol:

* No one to replace him, no plan in place to replace him (how would anyone on the Caf know that?):lol:
* Goals scored is a meaningless metric (7 games not large enough sample size) :lol:
* Our league position is meaningless (7 games in… too soon) :lol:
* Our Europa league form isn’t relevant :lol:
* We look better in *fill in the blank* (attack, defense, midfield, passing, effort, blah blah blah) :lol:

Most of us realized months ago, even a year ago, that we’d never win the league with Erik Ten Hag. He’s either going to be sacked this week or within a month.

Because I believe Ten Hag is a good football coach. Thats why he was appointed as Utd manager in the first place and I remember a lot of fans were excited about it. I understand the results havent been great but as I said many times sacking him just seven games into the new season doesnt sit well with me. Some people claim we were lucky to win the two trophies but I hope we get lucky again this season and win all the cup competitions. He hasnt lost the players and I havent lost faith in him yet. Even if he get sacked tomorrow I am sure he will go somewhere and continue winning trophies.

Feel free to go and bluff it elsewhere Erik

We havent even got to the optics of Ugarte, Martinez and De Ligt all being dropped for this crunch game. £150m trio who are the theoretical first choice possession-and-control-focused higher-line back 3 in our mutant system. (£330m of Hag signings rotting on the bench today when we include Casemiro, Zirkzee and Antony)

Last season we relied on McTominay and Maguire more than any other players to keep us from finishing 15th, where we statistically deserved to end up. After spending all summer trying to get rid of them. The narrative that so many fools bought was that we played like relegation fodder primarily because our best two centrebacks were mostly injured.

We're already back to relying on Maguire despite the theoretical best pair being fully fit. With the 36 year old charity-case and Lindelof, who the club spent all summer desperately trying to sell for peanuts, as his wingmen. What the feck should that say about the direction of travel under this manager, to anyone with even a handful of neurons firing, let alone our "best in class" new executives?

Last edited: