Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Jorge Sampaoli reminds me of Andre Agassi, walking up and down nervously the whole game + he looks like him, am i the only one? :D

Chilean cnuts singing Ole now. Insufferable cnuts, hope the Argies twat them. Again.

He cant argue with that. Stupid booking he got in the first half as well.

Yeah no idea how Giminez, Godin and Muslera avoided reds there.

Crap. All I wanted was a shootout. They never end up in shootouts nowadays, unless I don't want them to.

This is why we should have one replay per game for a team to challenge a call.

It would only delay the game 2 minutes or so when used. Uruguay would have used it and Cavani stays on the field. Jara gets a yellow for simulation.

This is why we should have one replay per game for a team to challenge a call.

It would only delay the game 2 minutes or so when used. Uruguay would have used it and Cavani stays on the field. Jara gets a yellow for simulation.

sorry but it was a clear yellow/red card, he didnt punch him or anything but you cant put a hand on players face. Would give both the yellow card, Jara for diving and Cavani for stupidity.

Uruguay managing to make themselves look like tits even without Suarez. Impressive.

I thought the referee was okay in the first half, but he completely collapsed during the second half. Cavani didn't do much, and he got a yellow card for basically nothing. Then Fucile gets a second yellow for a fair challenge. Just because he caught Sanchez hard afterwards doesn't mean that the challenge was unfair. Even during the scuffle, the referee didn't have the guts to punish Josema, Godin, Gonzalez, and the Chilean who was choking Gonzalez during that scuffle.

I wouldn't be surprised if sanctions would be given to both teams, though I feel like Uruguay will be on the short end of the stick in this case.

EDIT: I just saw the incident again, and I take back what I said. He might have done not much, but the fact that he raised his hand at Jara in aggression will provoke the referee second booking for unsporting conduct. Yes, you have to be careful, but I console with Cavani in this case as he was almost being bullied like a schoolboy.

Last edited:
On the bright side, at least there won't be political tensions between Chile and Uruguay like Egypt and Algeria had after that infamous playoff.

Uruguay had good enough players to play more expansive football today, Chile's defense looked shaky as fk, but no.. they had to park the bus and kick people around

80% ball posession for Chile? That is ridiculous

Glad for Chile. They really deserve this. If only their defense was as good as their offense. Their CB are too short, for some reason.
As for Uruguay, well they did their usual stuff and it didn't work this time.

Uruguay had good enough players to play more expansive football today, Chile's defense looked shaky as fk, but no.. they had to park the bus and kick people around

They tried to press Chile at the start, but once Chile started to get past their midfield and into the final third, I'm not surprised that Uruguay put bodies at the back. However, during the second half, they construed some nice counterattacks to threaten the defence. Before Cavani was sent off, I thought that Uruguay could have eventually scored.

Our left flank had jointly started 10 games all season.

Our pass completion was ~50%.

Chile only got 6 shots on goal and about half of them against a depleted side.

The gameplan was fine and which Chile getting nervous we could have nicked.

No idea why Tabarez persists with Hernandez and left J.Rodriguez/de Arrascaeta on the bench.

On a sidenote, you just don't see this grit and passion in Eurocup games.. The players there seem more worried about their upcoming seasons with their clubs.

Did Jara grab Cavani's ass?

qBSUrzf.jpg

:nono: He got fingered...