Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Man, this is football. Provocations have existed since the beginning of the game. Provocation is part of the game.

say insults to the ear (a la Materazzi), small kicks to the heels, fingering, squeezing or hitting the nuts with a fast and swift back palm... that has always been acceptable provocation. Players just need to learn not to react to this. Players like Vidal or Medel for example, were always targeted when younger because they used to react in violent ways.

What can't be accepted is violence (whether be fouling or punching/hitting/elbowing, spitting, biting, etc) and cheating on the game.

a finger up your ass (with underwear and shorts) is just funny as feck, and repulsive, but in no way is some sort of violence among men in a football pitch.
Where the hell did you grow up? Wait, no, I don't want to hear more about your childhood.

Anyway, this is a disgusting behaviour that in no way should be acceptable (even on a personal level, let alone during a game watched by millions around the world, from all ages). Oh and it is worse than biting your opponent.

:lol: Here we go again. Have fun George!

1. No chance will he be suspended for the rest of it.

2. He shouldn't be suspended for the rest of it.

3. Football would be poorer without gamesmanship. It's part of it AFAIC. It plays on temperament and I like and appreciate that side of the game. It's not just feints and tekkers, but also mental strength. It makes it possible for players not as gifted to still make a major impact in their own way. If an inferior defender gets you to get yourself sent off you are an idiot, plain and simple. Nice? No, but fair fecks to the guy.

As far as I'm concerned the borderline is when you deliberately try injure a player. Try stop him by whichever means possible, even illegal ones like shirt-pulling or a foul here or there, but knee-high leg-breakers, elbows, tipping over someone making an aerial challenge, stamps or kicks when vulnerable/on the ground. Anything that can take a player out of the contest (i.e. not a bite Georgieboy, that was sneaky currying favour by differentiating bites from ball squeezing or fingers up the arse). That's were the bucket stops AFAIC, that's what isn't on.

Last edited:
:lol: Here we go again. Have fun George!

1. No chance will he be suspended for the rest of it.

2. He shouldn't be suspended for the rest of it.

3. Football would be poorer without gamesmanship. It's part of it AFAIC. It plays on temperament and I like and appreciate that side of the game. It's not just feints and tekkers, but also mental strength. It makes it possible for players not as gifted to still make a major impact in their own way. If an inferior defender gets you to get yourself sent off you are an idiot, plain and simple. Nice? No, but fair fecks to the guy.

As far as I'm concerned the borderline is when you deliberately try injure a player. Try stop him by whichever means possible, even illegal ones like shirt-pulling or a foul here or there, but knee-high leg-breakers, elbows, tipping over someone making an aerial challenge, stamps or kicks when vulnerable/on the ground. That's were the bucket stops AFAIC, that's what isn't on.

On my Saturday morning football games, sometimes i end up going vs this big sturdy fat bold CB. He have already grabbed my dick like 3 times in the last 6 months to stop me. It really puts me off for like 5 minutes before i could get fully back into the game after one of those. :( Its quite the stunning move. But i have never reacted badly to those, unlike to some vicious fouling.

I'm yet to get fingered on the pitch :lol:

edit:

number 3... "un torniquete!!" :lol:

Last edited:
On my Saturday morning football games, sometimes i end up going vs this big sturdy fat bold CB. He have already grabbed my dick like 3 times in the last 6 months to stop me. It really puts me off for like 5 minutes before i could get fully back into the game after one of those. :( Its quite the stunning move. But i have never reacted badly to those, unlike to some vicious fouling.

I'm yet to get fingered on the pitch :lol:

edit:

number 3... "un torniquete!!" :lol:

Sounds like my Chilean twin, although I wouldn't need to resort to that to keep you in my pocket.

Game 20: Bolivia - Peru
Rubbish format. One of Argentina (3rd) or Colombia (4th) will only reach the QFs while one of Peru (61st) or Bolivia (89th) are guaranteed at least a bronze final.

Rubbish format. One of Argentina (3rd) or Colombia (4th) will only reach the QFs while one of Peru (61st) or Bolivia (89th) are guaranteed at least a bronze final.

Yup, one of the teams that finished second in their group will get a bronze final compared to a team that finished third (lower than one of those two teams) Nothing wrong with the format.

Yup, one of the teams that finished second in their group will get a bronze final compared to a team that finished third (lower than one of those two teams) Nothing wrong with the format.

I get that but it's still a lottery format. Brazil's reward for winning the group is Paraguay and then Argentina/Colombia but if they had somehow ended 2nd they would've been playing Bolivia and then Chile which on paper is a lot easier. Also the group winners from B and C possibly face each other in the semis while group A winners don't meet a group winner until the final (not sure if this was decided by GD but it's still unfair). It's pretty much a dodgy format especially since the gap between the best and worst is so big.

They should be doing 2 groups of 6 teams. Top two from each group proceed to the semis. Fair and square. Forget all the best placed 3rd nonsense etc. That would've been so much more competitive. Would've loved to seen dross like Bolivia advance from such a format.

Farfan hits the post with a free kick, very unlucky.

Colombia (4th) got beaten by Bolivia (89th) and you don't think Bolivia (89th) deserved a pop at bronze as a result?

Peru look like they're enjoying this match at the moment. It's been quite easy for them, and their attacking players have enjoyed this match in particular. Both teams have somewhat struggled in defending set pieces, but Bolivia have been a joke at the moment.

I get that but it's still a lottery format. Brazil's reward for winning the group is Paraguay and then Argentina/Colombia but if they had somehow ended 2nd they would've been playing Bolivia and then Chile which on paper is a lot easier. Also the group winners from B and C possibly face each other in the semis while group A winners don't meet a group winner until the final (not sure if this was decided by GD but it's still unfair). It's pretty much a dodgy format especially since the gap between the best and worst is so big.

They should be doing 2 groups of 6 teams. Top two from each group proceed to the semis. Fair and square. Forget all the best placed 3rd nonsense etc. That would've been so much more competitive. Would've loved to seen dross like Bolivia advance from such a format.

It's called "the hosts easy route to the final". Always been a given, and there's a decent commercial rationale for that (keeping the locals interested).

You talk about on paper gaps between best and worst but continue to ignore that Colombia ended 3rd and it was their own doing.

I agree it's not ideal, it's always best to have four groups and two advancing per group but with ten countries that's not feasible. Two groups of five (feck the outsiders) and only semis is dogshite, all you get is a longer group stage (boring) and less knockouts (shite). South Americans love knockouts, and we don't think your gap logic holds as anyone can beat anyone on their day (bar Bolivia but, again, blame Colombia for that).

Ultimately, you can choose not to watch it if it doesn't please you. Simple.

They are as crap as you said. Won $160 on them at 1.9, put most of it on -2 and could make $300 more. Reckon there will be another?

Very likely, Bolivia need to attack which will leave space for the likes of Farfan on the counter. Bolivia might score from a set piece though, unlikely to score from open play.

When did this happen?

Sorry, mixed them up with Venezuela (72nd). Same shit really as far as the Colombians (4th) are concerned.

Bolivia just got lucky they were in the weakest possible group anyone could design.

Very likely, Bolivia need to attack which will leave space for the likes of Farfan on the counter. Bolivia might score from a set piece though, unlikely to score from open play.

Yeah that's what I fear (Bolivia goal). Peru want another goal though.

Useless bastards, any one of those last chances would have refunded my -1 Asian bet

Still, good profit overall from that match. I love Bolivia

That Guerrero pass, Bolivians crying over some skill just cos they are absolutely terrible at football

That Guerrero pass, Bolivians crying over some skill just cos they are absolutely terrible at football

Guerrero is a big game player. He thrives in competitions and even in big games. Remember when Chelsea could not win the Fifa World Club Championship in 2012... - Guerrero was the one that shot the goal against them.

He was already a promising youngster when he came up from the Bayern U23, is as old as Schweinsteiger - but had a lot problems with discipline and behaviour. A very special character. But he already had the edge for the important goals then. His character and the trouble he made was probably the reason why they let him go to Hamburg. (and yes, Bayern youngsters did not have it easy back then)

Guerrero is a big game player. He thrives in competitions and even in big games. Remember when Chelsea could not win the Fifa World Club Championship in 2012... - Guerrero was the one that shot the goal against them.

He was already a promising youngster when he came up from the Bayern U23, is as old as Schweinsteiger - but had a lot problems with discipline and behaviour. A very special character. But he already had the edge for the important goals then. His character and the trouble he made was probably the reason why they let him go to Hamburg. (and yes, Bayern youngsters did not have it easy back then)
Guerrero is a cracking player. One of the highlights of the previous Copa as well.

Yeah I can remember that, plus he was good at the 2011 CA too. Though I always felt he was a decent striker bur nothing special I.e Olic.

Guerrero is a cracking player. One of the highlights of the previous Copa as well.

I think his problem is the consistency. And it was like this in the past, too. Google Hermann Gerland and Guerrero and you will find a lot of statements the Ex-U23-coach had about him then.
Abundance of talent - but too interested into "living". Flying high - and then being much too sloppy and falling down again - until he is working again for it... - but that in a circle. It was like this when he was a youngster - and it somehow looks like he has not changed.

Pizzaro is a little the same - just with a little more discipline. But if he would have really worked on himself like e.g. a Robben (maybe not that extreme, but there is others that work hard, too) does he would have been really world class. Like this he was just very good. I stay up to see his last matches - or it might be his last matches. A little bit nostalgy as I watched him play so long - and he did not have much match time this season - often was injured. His contract at Bayern will not be renewed (Alonso already took his number 14) - and Pep wants him in his staff. Pizarro already decided to stay in Munich with his family after his career - but he somehow would like to play another year or two.

But maybe you have to have a mentality like this as a striker. Not taking life to serious.