Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Whats the matches that have triggered the warfare?

None in particular, always been the same. Remember Chile were half the story inn the infamous Battle of Santiago.

The first foul occurred within 12 seconds of the kick-off.[1] Italy's Giorgio Ferrini was sent off in the twelfth minute after a foul on Honorino Landa, but refused to leave the pitch and had to be dragged off by policemen. Landa retaliated with a punch few minutes later, but he was not sent off.

English referee Ken Aston overlooked a punch by Chilean Leonel Sánchez to Italian Mario David, which had come in retaliation for being fouled seconds earlier. When David kicked Sanchez in the head a few minutes later, he was sent off.

In the violence that continued, Sanchez broke Humberto Maschio's nose with a left hook, but Aston did not send him off. The two teams engaged in scuffles and spitting, and police had to intervene three more times. Chile won the match 2–0.

When highlights from the match were shown on British television a couple of days later (not the same night, because film of matches still had to be flown back), the match was famously introduced by BBC sports commentator David Coleman as: "the most stupid, appalling, disgusting and disgraceful exhibition of football, possibly in the history of the game."[1]

Looking that up, even the earthquake before that World Cupa was called Valdivia @Marcosdeto

Agree with the play acting, but they're not that dirty, they don't need to be as they nearly always have the ball
mate, i'm not talking only about this game, i know chile as much as most south american teams, they give and get at the same rate

south american footbal rivalry is really big

we argies love to beat brazil, uruguay, chile and colombia -in that exact order- then, and oly then comes italy, england and germany

Looking that up, even the earthquake before that World Cupa was called Valdivia @Marcosdeto

thanks for the data antohan, i was right then :lol:

It's been a scrappy yet entertaining affair so far. Uruguay, looking to counter, have been quite poor on the break, but part of that is down to Diaz and co. doing a great job at the back in maintaining their shape and not dragging themselves out of position. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Chile opens up more during the second half and concede more chances to Uruguay.

What I like is that Tabarez knows that parking the bus against Chile is pointless as Chile will eventually open them up. By pressing on them, they've made it more difficult for Chile to get out, but once Chile reached the final third, they've packed the box with all of their players bar their strikers. The midfielders and wide players have been quite disciplined and have done a good job in not conceding dangerous chances.

However well the Uruguayans have done defensively, Chile's attacking have still been threatening. Valdivia, as usual, has done well to not get closed down and get on the ball, and Chile targeting Fucile is causing Uruguay lots of problems. The fact that Isla is having his best match in the tournament says more about Fucile's lack of match time than it does about Isla. This does mean that Mena has to be more disciplined, though, even though he's excellent going forward.

The fact that the match is still 0-0 makes the match in favour of Uruguay. Chile have always opened up in the second half of every match that they've played, so there's lots of hope for Uruguay to get a goal on the counter and see the match off.

I'd have Arévalo ahead of Medel every day. I'd also drop Cavani for Valdivia and play Suárez upfront. Not ideal, but Cavani has been woeful lately and doesn't warrant inclusion.

I'll take your word on the first, as I don't see Arevalo at club level.

Valdivia and Cavani, I disagree with, even though Cavani is often clumsy and Valdivia is an artist, the massive discrepancy in production is tough to argue with.

Cavani scored 11 in 21 starts as a wide attacker. I doubt more than 5 players in Europe went 1 in 2 from wide positions, now that I think about it. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Sanchez and probably Muller. Even if he's the worst footballer there - and he is - that's pretty elite company.

The beauty of it is they actually have better players but are real hotheads, so we are happy to play along and feed their nasty side.

If they aren't winning soon they will go into meltdown.

I'll take your word on the first, as I don't see Arevalo at club level.

Valdivia and Cavani, I disagree with, even though Cavani is often clumsy and Valdivia is an artist, the massive discrepancy in production is tough to argue with.

Cavani scored 11 in 21 starts as a wide attacker. I doubt more than 5 players in Europe went 1 in 2 from wide positions, now that I think about it. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Sanchez and probably Muller. Even if he's the worst footballer there - and he is - that's pretty elite company.
Let's hope you are right and Cavani starts being productive.

In fairness to him, his drunk-driving father ran over and killed a cyclist only two days ago. In jail, obviously.

Can only admire his dedication when no one would have questioned him flying back home.

mate, i'm not talking only about this game, i know chile as much as most south american teams, they give and get at the same rate

south american footbal rivalry is really big

we argies love to beat brazil, uruguay, chile and colombia -in that exact order- then, and oly then comes italy, england and germany

thanks for the data antohan, i was right then :lol:
I know but they're tenacious and aggressive nothing wrong with that because they play on the floor where as Uruguay consistently foul against superior teams

South American teams on the whole all do it, the only bad thing about them.

I know but they're tenacious and aggressive nothing wrong with that because they play on the floor where as Uruguay consistently foul against superior teams

You sound like Cesc questioning Hughes for not having Blackburn play like Barca.

Didn't see Cavani slap him, I thought Para headbutted Cavani's shoulder. That is so stupid from Cavani.

Cavani complains once and gets a yellow, Sanchez screams his head off and doesn't.

Cavani got booked for squaring up to the linesman and Sanchez is constantly showing dissent to the ref who's not doing anything!

Nah, only problem I have with that is the ref doing nothing after Jara's slap but being only too happy to card Cavani.
Yeah as I said I didn't see Cavani's slap. I thought Jara had completely falsified the contact, but he's just guilty of horrendous play-acting.

well, europeans team has their history too

or will you defend italy? holland? portugal?

remember italy against maradona? holland against spain? portugal against brazil?

and lets not start talking about some dirty play in the PL, i never ever saw a foul like Keane against Haland

qBSUrzf.jpg

well, europeans team has their history too

or will you defend italy? holland? portugal?

remember italy against maradona? holland against spain? portugal against brazil?

and lets not start talking about some dirty play in the PL, i never ever saw a foul like Keane against Haland
I agree with Europe doing it, except for England where it hardly ever happens.

I just hate play acting on the whole, and stoppages in play cos of persistent fouls, Uruguay did it to Argentina too, ruined the game.

i knew this was going to hapen, as soon as chile had to face a serious rival, they were going to struggle to score

they thought this was a piece of cake,

idiots!

I agree with Europe doing it, except for England where it hardly ever happens.

I just hate play acting on the whole, and stoppages in play cos of persistent fouls, Uruguay did it to Argentina too, ruined the game.
you were talking about play acting? i thought you were talking about dirty playing

yes, we Sout Americans are the lawrence olivier of play acting :cool: