Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Keep great players playing so they can get their form and confidence back. That's exactly what Argentina did with Di Maria. Hopefully LvG is taking note!

There's no way argentina loses.. unless Sampaoli plays negative football which I doubt

In the end, the second half was quite easy for Argentina. Once Paraguay started to push up, Argentina found it easier to attack and score goals. The spaces opened up, and Argentina were dangerous on the transition. di Maria was the best player on the pitch, IMO, with Pastore at second and Messi at third. Messi's slower, more sluggish first half means that he wasn't as good as Pastore and di Maria, overall. Rojo also performed very well, particularly on the defence as he did a good job shutting down the left side.

Paraguay tried to fight back, but Argentina's world class quality showed in this match.

"I needed a match like this. I was working well phisically but I needed to produce in the offense. Luckly I've done it today. Now we must keep things this way"

Di Maria

It will be a rough qualifiers bros..

I'd expect Argentina, Brazil and Chile up there. The rest are all pretty level and it will depend on home forms. Peru and Venezuela have as good a shot as they've ever had.

I'd expect Argentina, Brazil and Chile up there. The rest are all pretty level and it will depend on home forms. Peru and Venezuela have as good a shot as they've ever had.

no way brazil is up there, unless dunga is sacked right now

no way brazil is up there, unless dunga is sacked right now

Technically you aren't, but by hook or crook you'll get in anyway. Most teams seem to cave in when they visit you, aand you are one of few teams who can be assured of getting points away from home occasionally.

No chance they'll make it

Paraguay: they are all like 40 years-old, they'll collapse. The difference between 2-2 and today was a couple of players injured (Ortigoza in particular) and two getting injured in the first half. Suddenly they were unrecognisable and more like what the qualifiers have in store for them.

Uruguay: our first four games are must wins at home (Bolivia, Chile, Peru and Venezuela). No Suárez for any of them, no Cavani in the first. I expect 3-5 points out of 12 there and that's game over before it started.

Won't make it but will influence the outcome

Ecuador: shite, but Quito is a tricky place to play. Won't make it, but will determine who does make it, which gives an advantage to teams used to altitude (Peru) or with strong domestic teams that can travel early and acclimatise.

Bolivia: shite, will beat loads of teams at home as well and will impact the final result. Another that gives an advantage to teams used to altitude (Peru, and Ecuador - no wonder they keep qualifying and stinking up the WC lately).

Contenders for the other 1.5 places

Venezuela: have a good chance, they are strong at home and do pretty well away as teams set out to attack them seeing as they are a guest you expect to beat.

Peru: I like what Gareca is doing with them. A strong side that have been playing together for some time but aren't yet in Indian Summer territory like Paraguay. I think they'll make it, just about, but would probably arrive in Russia with a past-it side.

Colombia: a big contender if they can get Falcao to find his form again, or get shot of him.

BRBtycD.png

There's no way argentina loses.. unless Sampaoli plays negative football which I doubt

Chile have a better midfield TBH. Starting at 0-0 that could make all the difference. Neither team are much cop defending, so the midfield's impact may be even more important (that's why I was baffled Mascherano was risked unnecessarily).

That said, they probably aren't finding this funny clip very pleasant right now:

For non-Spanish speakers, it's meant to be Sampaoli teaching his players what a cup is and how you lift it to celebrate titles :lol:

Bronze final: Peru - Paraguay
I'm guessing that no one's interested in the 3rd place playoff? I'll be watching it just to watch Peru play. They've been quite an entertaining and well-formed team so far. Yeah, they've been reliant on Guerrero for their attacks, but they've still played well in my eyes.

Advincula, Zambrano, and Ascues have all done very well in the tournament for me. Advincula has shown that he has a great sense of danger, and Zambrano/Ascues have formed a good partnership at the back. Zambrano's stupid red card was his only real blight in the tournament, but other than that, he wasn't that bad.

Peru started off well in the first half, but once Paraguay got into their shape, Peru have had a tougher time opening up Paraguay. Peru's wingers haven't performed well so far, particularly Carrillo. Cueva hasn't seen much of the ball to do much going forward. Peru's midfield has been defensively loose, and this allowed Paraguay to get forward and put some pressure on Peru as well. However, their attacking players have also been ineffective, particularly Oscar Romero.

I do believe that Paraguay look the likelier to get a goal just by a tad bit because Peru's attacking players have been quiet so far.

2-0 Peru. Guerrero finally gets his goal after a couple of fail passes from his teammates.

That's two bronze medals in a row for Peru and Guerrero might end up as the top scorer for the 2nd Copa running.

Final: Chile - Argentina
Loving the banter on social media. Argies are great at getting creative:

Chile are making last minute stadium reforms
2s68rcg.jpg

or making scathing jokes (cue racist yadda yadda) and remarks about football rivals:

An Argentinian, Chilean and Nigerian at the hospital. There's been a mix-up at the nursery and they are asked to go in and identify their kid. Argie goes first and comes out with a black baby. The others look stunned, to which he replies: "no fecking way I'm risking getting the Chilean".

Any from the Chileans @George Owen?Other than the Argie going into church, kneeling before the cross and breaking into prayer: "Hijo mío..."

So, after 25 matches it all comes down to two teams - Chile and Argentina. Probably the final most neutrals would have wanted. two teams who i feel will attack. Chile aiming for their first ever continental title, Argentina hoping to win their 15th continental title and their first international title at senior level since 1993.

Referee: Wilmar Roldan - Columbia
Assistant Referees: Alexander Guzmán Cristian De La Cruz - Columbia
Fourth Official: Jose Argote - Venezuela
Fifth Official: Christian Lescano - Ecuador

May the best team win, should be an exciting game let's hope it lives up to expectation.

Commentator and the reason we will all watch this: Ray Hudson

This is on YouTube isn't it? Will be the first and last match I'll watch