Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

How come the matches are not played at the same time? A tie with goals will leave Colombia out now.

Any tie will. They are on same goal difference and same number of goals scored with Venezuela right now - but lost their match to Venezuela. So every draw would mean both Brazil and Venezuela are qualified for the quarter finals.

Game over. Willian with great work on the left and Firmino with a good run and finish in the end. Venezuela have no chance of winning this with Brazil's defence being compact and deep.

Robinho's touch before a short interchanged and then an inch perfect switch of play, Willians perfect body feint and then outside of the foot cross into the exact perfect spot for Fermino

Willian was one of our best and most important players this past season. Nice to see more people acknowledging how good he is.

Willian was one of our best and most important players this past season. Nice to see more people acknowledging how good he is.
I see people on this forum slagging Willian off for Chelsea and I seriously wonder if they have any clue as to whats going on in a game. He has had a very good season and is a quality player.

I see people on this forum slagging Willian off for Chelsea and I seriously wonder if they have any clue as to whats going on in a game. He has had a very good season and is a quality player.
I'm surprised people here underrating Willian. He was a key player for Shakhtar, and for Chelsea, he was a very good winger, so good that he kept out Cuadrado. For being a flair player, he shows quite a bit of discipline, and he's also very good at creating chances.

Yep. Trolls like peterstorey calling him a donkey and saying that Mourinho has "ruined" him.

He's said himself that José has improved him immensely. Fully evident to anyone who watches him regularly. He's got endless energy and stamina. Never stops running. Tracks back, presses high when asked to, and is lightning on the counter. Perfect Mourinho player.

Yep. Trolls like peterstorey calling him a donkey and saying that Mourinho has "ruined" him.

He's said himself that José has improved him immensely. Fully evident to anyone who watches him regularly. He's got endless energy and stamina. Never stops running. Tracks back, presses high when asked to, and is lightning on the counter. Perfect Mourinho player.
Yep. His end product could be better (a lot better really) but he provides so much from the right at both ends of the pitch.

Weird seeing Robinho play. I associate him with Mark Hughes and Roque Santa Cruz level mediocrity, despite Robinho being genuinely world class at one stage.

Robinho going off after a decent performance today. He caused Venezuela's defence several issues and contributed to both of Brazil's goals. He still has the flair, dribbling, and quickness in him, and whilst his shooting boots are gone, his movement, dribbling, and vision did cause Venezuela some issues.

Yes. This Brazil team is sorely lacking a playmaker from midfield at the moment. I would think that Coutinho would suit that role, but they have no one else who can perform such a role.
Nah, Coutinho is a final 3rd player. Willian is the other one who can do it but his passing isn't all that great. Ganso is sorely needed here.

Nah, Coutinho is a final 3rd player. Willian is the other one who can do it but his passing isn't all that great. Ganso is sorely needed here.
He can still be a player who can distribute the ball and control the tempo from the middle as his passing range and vision are very good. I'm sure that, if he's given such a role, he can do well in it, but no one's ever tried him there.

Thiago Silva's wild lunge has been punished by a goal from Venezuela. Arango, as usual, put in a sweet free kick, and Miku scored. Colombians will be biting their fingernails at this moment.

He can still be a player who can distribute the ball and control the tempo from the middle as his passing range and vision are very good. I'm sure that, if he's given such a role, he can do well in it, but no one's ever tried him there.
I've seen him used there for pool in some sort of iniesta role and he's never convinced me that he's a natural at it. He's far to risky on the ball and while he has nice vision, he doesn't have the 'eye' for a key pass. Everything he does is pretty much aimed at deciding the game.

Venezuela made it more interesting in the end, but I think most of us knew that Brazil had this victory in the bag already.

Willian was the best player on the pitch, and he was lively and dangerous. Robinho was decent and connected well with his teammates. The team as a whole looked more fluid and more gelled without Neymar on the pitch. Even Firmino was more involved and more proactive in his game.

I've seen him used there for pool in some sort of iniesta role and he's never convinced me that he's a natural at it. He's far to risky on the ball and while he has nice vision, he doesn't have the 'eye' for a key pass. Everything he does is pretty much aimed at deciding the game.
I think that has to do with the roles he has been given since the beginning. His dribbling and quickness means that Benitez and managers after him have played Coutinho in a winger/wide attacking free role for his whole career. He would be risky in such roles, but I do think that he has the potential to be Brazil's playmaker if someone gives him such a role. Even Ozil was a risky, cavalier wide player during his younger years in Germany before being transformed into a playmaker.

I think that has to do with the roles he has been given since the beginning. His dribbling and quickness means that Benitez and managers after him have played Coutinho in a winger/wide attacking free role for his whole career. He would be risky in such roles, but I do think that he has the potential to be Brazil's playmaker if someone gives him such a role. Even Ozil was a risky, cavalier wide player during his younger years in Germany before being transformed into a playmaker.
Think that's the role that suits him the most. He's got a lot of what zico had although not all of it. Dropping him deeper is asking him to do stuff he's not all that great at doing.

Ozil still isn't great at being a playmaker and plays better when he's got a free role.

Think that's the role that suits him the most. He's got a lot of what zico had although not all of it. Dropping him deeper is asking him to do stuff he's not all that great at doing.

Ozil still isn't great at being a playmaker and plays better when he's got a free role.
I think we're talking about different playmakers here. The playmaker I'm talking about is the #10 one, one who would receive the ball in and around the final third, the one who all attacks would go through, the one who would play through other attacking players to either score a goal or play a final through pass. I'm talking about someone like a younger Modric. If Brazil played him in such a role, then they wouldn't have much need of a Ganso-like player in a deeper midfield role.

Other than that, I do agree that they really do miss a playmaker who can take control of the midfield and the match from deeper areas.

What complete and utter rubbish. People come up with these hard, rigid, inflexible ideas about what players can and cant do.

What I've noticed with Coutinho in NT, he is really good when he has almost no time to make a decision.. he becomes average when he has lots of time to think.. weird

Robinho is now tied with Ronaldo as the fifth most capped player in Brazil history. If that isn't symbolic of how far we've fallen I don't know what is.

11377227_906368026068148_3062984322624501541_n.png