Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

And he got away with doing that?! I'm surprised that his phone didn't look damaged afterwards. Plus, if he could get away with a sock in his phone, who knows what some footballer with more evil intentions might do? The fourth official needs to be less careless in the future.

This would be a great magic trick.

Game 17: Colombia - Peru
Pekerman is still persisting with Falcao, but I guess he has no choice now with Bacca suspended.

Peru are getting stretched at the moment. Colombia are putting on some good early pressure at the moment. They just need to get that goal now to make the hard work worth it.

Peru have grown back into the game. They are putting that Colombian midfield under some physical pressure.
Colombia have become sloppier as the time passed. James, Cuadrado, and Felipe aren't getting much time on the ball, and Colombia's midfield is struggling to contain Peru and take control of the match.

With Colombia failing to make the most of the early pressure, Peru are back into the match and fully settled. Colombia really need to get the tempo up again to take control of the match.

Colombia have become sloppier as the time passed. James, Cuadrado, and Felipe aren't getting much time on the ball, and Colombia's midfield is struggling to contain Peru and take control of the match.

With Colombia failing to make the most of the early pressure, Peru are back into the match and fully settled. Colombia really need to get the tempo up again to take control of the match.

Agreed. Is it just me or does Cuadrado look extremely lazy and sloppy in that midfield?

Also, what do you make of Falcao, barring that initial determined chance? I think his lack of physical strength is very evident based on the way he has been pushed off the ball. Also diplayed his now trademark slipping skills. The commentators are saying he's livelier, I still think he's shit.

Agreed. Is it just me or does Cuadrado look extremely lazy and sloppy in that midfield?

Also, what do you make of Falcao, barring that initial determined chance? I think his lack of physical strength is very evident based on the way he has been pushed off the ball. Also diplayed his now trademark slipping skills. The commentators are saying he's livelier, I still think he's shit.
Cuadrado has been quite selfish and disjointed with his teammates at the moment. I was quite surprised that he popped up on the left side several times to try to make something happen. His decision-making has been quite off so far.

With regards to Falcao, he looks more energetic and sharper, but with Colombia not seeing much of the ball after the early pressure, he hasn't really been involved. Still, though, I wouldn't think of subbing him off, and at this moment, I think he may be able to make an impact in the match if Colombia does get a control of the match.

Speaking of control, ever since Valencia went off, Colombia lost all control of the match. Mejia has been more loose in his positioning and less aware of what's happening around him, and this could be why Colombia have struggled recently along with Cuadrado perfoming so badly.

Cuadrado has been quite selfish and disjointed with his teammates at the moment. I was quite surprised that he popped up on the left side several times to try to make something happen. His decision-making has been quite off so far.

With regards to Falcao, he looks more energetic and sharper, but with Colombia not seeing much of the ball after the early pressure, he hasn't really been involved. Still, though, I wouldn't think of subbing him off, and at this moment, I think he may be able to make an impact in the match if Colombia does get a control of the match.

Speaking of control, ever since Valencia went off, Colombia lost all control of the match. Mejia has been more loose in his positioning and less aware of what's happening around him, and this could be why Colombia have struggled recently along with Cuadrado perfoming so badly.

Cuadrado has been lax in his positioning, yes. I don't know he was allowed that freedom or if he is taking the liberty himself. He is also lucky to be on the field after that two footed lunged early on.

Falcao really needs to prove himself here, ironically that pressure might be hindering his performance. Unless they score, they go out when Brazil win the last game of the group stages, right?

Agreed with the part about Colombia losing control since Valencia went off.

Colombia look disjointed as a whole right now. The midfielders are too deep, the wingers are too wide, and the strikers are too far forward. There's a lack of movement from almost everyone, and they have barely any rhythm or tempo in their passing. Their left side looks the most threatening with Arias providing the most threat at the moment, but even then, they need to do better to break down a tight Peru defence.

Some great dribbling from Ascues at the moment. Peru are looking very confident right now. They just need to get more quality in the chances they create.

Man mark James and the supply gets cut off, need Jackson on to run in behind.

This is not good enough.

Teofilo has been very quiet in the second half. He isn't getting involved as often as he was before. For some reason, he's staying really high up, and it's making it easier for Peru to close down James. He needs to get himself involved in play like Guerrero has for Peru.

Colombia's only hope in winning is through set pieces and the counter attack. With Peru getting more confident, it wouldn't be a bad idea for Colombia to invite Peru more and break out quickly.

Falcao has been subbed off for in-form Jackson Martinez, and Colombia have started created opportunities again. James hasn't been very invovled in proceedings so far, and is now Captain in Falcao's stead.

El Tigre's search for good form continues, and Colombia really need to step it up and grab a goal in order to go through.

James has moved to the left again. Let's see if that will get him more involved. Cuadrado is still struggling at the moment. If Armero wouldn't have left, I bet Pekerman would have taken out Cuadrado.

Falcao has been subbed off for in-form Jackson Martinez, and Colombia have started created opportunities again. James hasn't been very invovled in proceedings so far, and is now Captain in Falcao's stead.

El Tigre's search for good form continues, and Colombia really need to step it up and grab a goal in order to go through.
To be fair, it hasn't really made much of a difference. They only really had one good chance from the counter, but otherwise, it's the same story. Peru are not doing a good job with the control they have at the moment. They should have capitalised on the possession they had, but their lack of attacking quality is telling at the moment.

Peru look like they're playing for a draw now, which isn't that bad of an idea since their record is decent so far, but to rely on the Brazil-Venezuela match to not be a draw doesn't seem like a good idea.

The stall in Quinteros development is hurting colombia to no end. This team doesn't have anyone connecting the midfield to the attack.

Peru look like they're playing for a draw now, which isn't that bad of an idea since their record is decent so far, but to rely on the Brazil-Venezuela match to not be a draw doesn't seem like a good idea.

Peru is ahead in the table to Colombia right now. A draw gives them the third place atleast - and in any case the third place with 4 points. As the best two ranked third will get through and Ecuador in group A (3rd there) has only 3 points...

Colombia now need to hope that Brazil-Venezuela isn't a draw to go through. Brazil cannot lose if they want to make it to the knockout stages.

Peru is ahead in the table to Colombia right now. A draw gives them the third place atleast - and in any case the third place with 4 points. As the best two ranked third will get through and Ecuador in group A (3rd there) has only 3 points...
Yup, I realised that a few minutes after posting that. Peru are guaranteed qualification now. It's Colombia that need to wait in hope.

Colombia now need to hope that Brazil-Venezuela isn't a draw to go through. Brazil cannot lose if they want to make it to the knockout stages.
They can't lose but a non-goalless draw gets them top of the group if I'm not mistaken.

They can't lose but a non-goalless draw gets them top of the group if I'm not mistaken.

A goalless draw is probably enough for Brazil to be first???

Brazil has 2 scored goals right now - Peru has 2 - Columbia and Venezuela 1.

Peru is probably 2nd with a 1:1 as they are equal with Venezuela on scored goals then but have won the direct duel???

With a 2:2 Brazil is first, Venezuela second, Peru third

If one of them wins he will be first, Peru second, Columbia 3rd (and in the quarter finals), the looser 4th

You are right as they have 2 scored goals right now - Peru has 2 - Columbia and Venezuela 1.

Peru is probably 2nd with a 1:1 as they are equal with Venezuela on scored goals then but have won the direct duel???

With a 2:2 Brazil is first, Venezuela second, Peru third

If one of them wins he will be first, Peru second, Columbia 3rd (and in the quarter finals), the looser 4th
Peru have two goals compared to Venezuela's one goal, so they're ahead of Venezuela. If Venezuela have a 1-1 draw with Brazil, Venezuela and Peru will go through a draw of lots to determine who will get second.

Peru have two goals compared to Venezuela's one goal, so they're ahead of Venezuela. If Venezuela have a 1-1 draw with Brazil, Venezuela and Peru will go through a draw of lots to determine who will get second.

CIDZNA0WIAATtXA.jpg

Tie-breaking criteria

Teams were ranked on the following criteria:

1. Greater number of points in all group matches
  2. Goal difference in all group matches
  3. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches
  4. Head-to-head result (between two teams only)
  5. Penalty shoot-out (if both teams are playing the last match of the group stage)
  6. Drawing of lots by the CONMEBOL Organising Committee
I just posted the rules I found at the English Wikipedia.

Brazil has won against Peru - so if they land on the same scored goals they should be ahead of Peru. That would only be valid with a 0:0

Venezuela has lost against Peru - so if they land on the same points and same scored goals Peru is ahead. That would happen with a 1:1

Every other draw would get Peru on 3rd.

So - Brazil 1st - with every draw or win - out with a loss

Peru - 2nd with every win or loss and a 0:0 or 1:1 draw, else 3rd

Venezuela - 1st with a win - 2nd with a 2:2 or higher draw, out with a loss

Columbia - 3rd with a win or loss, out with every draw (as they lost against Venezuela)

I forgot that they lost. Disregard my previous statement.

I was not sure either. That is why I looked for the rules. I should be right now with my last post. The non-goalless draw for Brasil that somebody mentioned somehow irritated me...

Great volley, I think this seals Venezuela's fate.

How come the matches are not played at the same time? A tie with goals will leave Colombia out now.

Brazil were looking good without Neymar in the team; the players were gelling well, and there was a good understanding among the players. Their efforts are now well-rewarded with Thiago Silva's thunderous volley.

Ray Hudson: 'He needs help like a fish needs a bicycle' :lol:

It's strange that Miranda gets to be captain with Thiago Silva next to him...

I'm not surprised to see Brazil sit deep at the moment. They've been quite open in the past couple of matches, so I'm not surprised that they're shoring up at the moment.