Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

That's your next commanding CB right there... he was spectacular for Atléti as well, ousting Miranda as a starter. You guys have managed a decent assembly line in recent years. Lugano, Godín, (Coates who was brilliant in Copa '11), now Giménez.
I've been saying it for years. Even wanted him starting in the WC despite having a single league game all season. The kid is quality and Godín is the right cool head to have next to him.

Tabarez has the right setup in place and we get 1-2 first teamers out of each Youth side. Just enough.

The massive flop is Cavani, getting his chance to lead the line and failing spectacularly.

Abracadabra from the apache.

WTF

"You're playing against the world champions here, who many many thought were unlucky not to be the world champions."

Hudson is the type of commentator you enjoy in short Youtube game highlights but rarely over full 90 minutes. :D

It's not like anyone else for Argentina is playing well, he's quite comfortably the best player on the field tonight (bar Miller in goal).
So he's the "best" of an average playing bunch against a pub team. I guess there is solace in this

So he's the "best" of an average playing bunch against a pub team. I guess there is solace in this
Why are you making this into something it's not? Can Di Maria not have a good game without there being some absurd caveat?

Surely Argentina aren't keeping Tata until the next WC??

He is still a bit young (Moyes' age) but currently almost as average as Moyes. Though he at least did well at times in the past, did well with Paraguay and tried out different challenges.
He might end up as a very good manager but so far I can't think of anything he excels in.

Boring. Paraguay were through and we were through so long as we didn't lose by two. Join the dots. A shame it wasn't used to give de Arrascaeta and Jonathan Rodriguez a chance to claim a spot.

You couldn't speculate much either as it is unclear who the second placed would play. I'll take playing Chile next, our sort of game, and we beat them in Santiago six months ago.

1999 - Host Paraguay, we knocked them out
2004 - Host Venezuela, we knocked them out
2011 - Host Argentina, we knocked them out

We aren't very polite guests, we weren't in South Africa either with the first hosts knocked out in the group stage or "Africa's hope" in the quarters.

Are you OK? Noone has said Di Maria deserves the Balon D'or for today's performance, ppl are just commenting on some of his good play in an important competition.

Sorry if they forgot to add the disclaimer "but it's only against Jamaica"

This Argentina is pretty pathetic... three games straight that they go up first and then try to coast it out, inviting pressure and making life hard on themselves in the final 15 minutes of the game. No control, no chemistry, there's just nothing there.

Whatever way you dress it up, Argentina have been poor under Martino, looks to have taken them backwards very quickly.

Why are you making this into something it's not? Can Di Maria not have a good game without there being some absurd caveat?

what exactly am I making it into exactly?

yes he's having a good game. But its against a pub team. That doesn't prove anything for me. Jamaica (my team) are a very poor team that would have issue beating a league 2 side in england. It means nothing. I will be happy if he does plays well against a much stronger team. not Jamaica in a game where argentina is playing what looks like a B side team.

Why in the world is di Maria going off when Messi's much more casual in his performance? I don't get it! di Maria has tried to create chances and open up Jamaica whilst Messi's played too safely, and di Maria's given Rojo good support as well, yet he's the one going off!

Why in the world is di Maria going off when Messi's much more casual in his performance? I don't get it! di Maria has tried to create chances and open up Jamaica whilst Messi's played too safely, and di Maria's given Rojo good support as well, yet he's the one going off!
You can't sub off Messi, let alone in his 100th game for Argentina.

It's only a pub team, he can play the full game when he impresses me against a better side.

Are you OK? Noone has said Di Maria deserves the Balon D'or for today's performance, ppl are just commenting on some of his good play in an important competition.

Sorry if they forgot to add the disclaimer "but it's only against Jamaica"

Yes im ok. Thanks for asking. I just think it premature to get worked up about di maria's performance today. It wasnt even spectacular. We are just used to di maria being so wank that any little thing he has done of worth today is lauded. I found this funny.

"Argentina's defence looking as shaky as a giraffe on three legs." - Ray Hudson summing it up nicely :lol:

Yes im ok. Thanks for asking. I just think it premature to get worked up about di maria's performance today. It wasnt even spectacular. We are just used to di maria being so wank that any little thing he has done of worth today is lauded. I found this funny.
You must be pure joy in real life based on your recent comments ...

and you are clearly easy to impress by the slightest thing in real life based on your previous comments. :lol:
Well as I didn't even call Di Maria impressive or similar in my comment I think you are just an angry and confused man right now and should maybe go to bed for today!

Let's face it, the uproar was largely related to that "rooting for the underdog/host" element. Had the game been against any European side no one would have given a rat's.

Spot on. Can't speak for other countries but the way they were championing Ghana in the UK was cringeworthy.

So if both games tomorrow are a draw will all 4 teams go through? As they'll all have 4 points which is more than the 4rd place teams in the other two groups.

Messi has quite simply been terrible in this Copa so far, even worse than in the qualifiers for WC '10 under that natural disaster called Diego... Last year in Brazil he was infinitely more involved and crucial despite generally looking similarly lethargic to this. In both other Copas ('07 & '11) he was incredibly active in every game and his WC in South Africa is Maradona '86 compared to this.
How was he terrible? Everything went through him as usual. He looks better than at the world cup for me.

More importantly, Di Maria looked too. Very happy with him looking a bit confident again.

So if both games tomorrow are a draw will all 4 teams go through? As they'll all have 4 points which is more than the 4rd place teams in the other two groups.
I think only the two best 3nd place teams go through...or only the 2st, I'm not sure though...

11144077_1081032078578173_2066200199190571042_n.jpg

Was after about 60 minutes, Brown kept his phone in his sock the entire game.
And he got away with doing that?! I'm surprised that his phone didn't look damaged afterwards. Plus, if he could get away with a sock in his phone phone in his sock, who knows what some footballer with more evil intentions might do? The fourth official needs to be less careless in the future.

EDIT: "sock in his phone" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
And he got away with doing that?! I'm surprised that his phone didn't look damaged afterwards. Plus, if he could get away with a sock in his phone, who knows what some footballer with more evil intentions might do? The fourth official needs to be less careless in the future.
:lol: