Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Ecuador shouldn't lose. Again, watch Bolanos for Ecuador, think he will move to a good European team after this. He is a very, very good player, miles ahead of the Ecuadorian League and most of South America in the Copa Libertadores.

Nice call! He's been impressive in all of Ecuador's games so far and their best player (together with Montero and Noboa, imo).

Nice call! He's been impressive in all of Ecuador's games so far and their best player (together with Montero and Noboa, imo).

Thanks! I've watched about 70% of Emelec's games over the past year or two and he constantly impresses. Someone like West Ham should definitely take a chance on him. Link him up with Valencia.

Ecuador deserve to be up front, but having said that, Mexico have been horrible. Whilst Ecuador's wingers haven't done much, Mexico's whole team bar Corona and a couple of their central defenders have been quite poor. Then again, Montero and Ibarra have been really bad as well, barely getting involved and being sloppy on the ball.

What really surprises me is that Mexico have 3 midfielders against Ecuador's 2, and even then, they really struggle to perform and take control of the match. Mexico have been playing too many long balls, and they've left their attacking players frequently isolated, particularly Corona. Mexico's forwards have also struggled to perform, with Vuoso in particular being very poor whilst Jimenez has struggled to get involved.

Noboa and Lastra have done well in midfield, particularly Noboa, who has orchestrated Ecuador's attacks as well as won the ball several times with good anticipation and tackling. Valencia has been the best performer so far, showing Vuoso how to actually play as a striker battling against the defenders. The Mexican defenders, particularly Ayala, have really struggled to contain him. Bolanos has also done quite well with what little he has seen of the ball so far. If Ecuador's wingers were performing better, then Mexico would have no chance to come back, but with the scoreline at 1-0, Mexico still have a chance to improve things, though they've been so bad that I struggle to think of a way for them to get better.

Mexico are just playing to their level really, the Liga MX is so poor as a whole and the players are against decent European based players. The motivation isn't as high as it could be with the Gold Cup squad already being announced.

Looks like Neymar might be out for 4 games, so the rest of the tournament no matter how well Brazil do.

Edit: or what Zoo said.

Paredes has had a great match so far. He's done very well with whoever he faced, and he's completely nullified Mexico's left side.

Nice assist from Bolaños and cool head by Enner Valencia to finish, 2-0... Mexico on verge of elimination.

Don't think there any any HD ones. Lasthighlight who've been covering it all have one in SD but that's all I've found.

Thanks anyway bud.. have been watching all of the games I've wanted to see on that site with no trouble but for some reason it's lagging at the moment.

feck, I need a Mexico win ffs. Is Chicharito playing?

Ochoa, Herrera (Hector) Guardado, Vela and Jonathan & Giovani Dos Santos were all left out of the squad.

Edit: Hector Moreno as well.

Edit 2: Forgot Chicharito as well.

Last edited:
Achilier just conceded a really stupid penalty after wrestling down Ayala in the box when the free kick was taken. Mexico have got a lifeline out of nothing.

Great end-to-end stuff at the minute... Bolaños playing some excellent passes

This Ecuador team are so quick. They were my favourite team to paly iwth on Fifa 13, especially when they had Chucho Benitez up front.

Well, the match just petered out with Mexico deservedly getting knocked out of the tournament and Ecuador having a slight chance of making it through. Bolanos had a good match (though he should really try to take a first-time shot when the opportunity is there), with Valencia my MOTM with Paredes behind at a close second.

Could be an open game then.

Would be very surprised if Bolivia plays an open game. They are terrible and have nothing going forward or defensively. A complete freak result means they are through, they will get thrashed in the next round against any semi decent team. It's a shame Chile don't need to win tonight because they could put 4 past them easily.

Would be very surprised if Bolivia plays an open game. They are terrible and have nothing going forward or defensively. A complete freak result means they are through, they will get thrashed in the next round against any semi decent team. It's a shame Chile don't need to win tonight because they could put 4 past them easily.
Matias Fernandez is coming back, isn't he? I look forward to watching him for Chile. He's quite an attacking flair player. Plus, I hope that Henriquez gets a start to show Sampaoli his worth.

Game 14: Chile - Bolivia
Can't wait for this game -- two industrious, pressing. hard-working sides. This, and you can laugh if you want, has the potential to be game of the tournament, despite Bolivia's lack of class.

I'm massively disappointed that Sampaoli didn't start Henriquez for this match, but whatever, I guess he wants to confirm top spot with a win against Bolivia.

Can't wait for this game -- two industrious, pressing. hard-working sides. This, and you can laugh if you want, has the potential to be game of the tournament, despite Bolivia's lack of class.

Would be surprised if Bolivia press. None of their national league players tend to play High pressing games until the last 20 minutes of matches, so have little experience in doing so. Chile are a fitter side so can't see bolivia trying to go toe to toe in terms of stamina.

I'm massively disappointed that Sampaoli didn't start Henriquez for this match, but whatever, I guess he wants to confirm top spot with a win against Bolivia.
Was hoping to see him start myself, but the selection makes sense.

Vidal with a point to prove.

Would be surprised if Bolivia press. None of their national league players tend to play High pressing games until the last 20 minutes of matches, so have little experience in doing so. Chile are a fitter side so can't see bolivia trying to go toe to toe in terms of stamina.

Maybe you're right, I'm judging Bolivia solely on their last two games, but I think this one could surprise people.