Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Brazil without Neymar still have the tools to unlock defences, but Dunga has set them up like Santos and Bento set up Portugal: rely on one world class star to carry the team. Brazil still have creativity in Coutinho, Ribeiro, and Firmino; pace, trickery, and dribbling in Willian and Douglas Costa, and at least a good goalscorer in Firmino. The rest just need to get out of that shell and show more about their game, and they'll be better off.
This is probably the worst generation I have seen from that country in terms of talent. From Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho combining together to Roberto Firmino and Douglas Costa, sigh.

This is probably the worst generation I have seen from that country in terms of talent. From Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho combining together to Roberto Firmino and Douglas Costa, sigh.

Cafu + Lucio as well.

Aye. Roberto Carlos would embarrass some of these so called "emerging talents" - a fecking leftback.
+ Carlos was quite overrated defensively, but you're right. Overall he was still a far better leftback than some of the highly touted players around atm.

Yeah I still feel that Ecuador penalty was legit, cost me and put me out of this match which is a money maker
Hopefully my Argentina outright and Aguero top scorer come through.
You got anyone for top scorer?

Totally forgot about the retaken pen, was very harsh.
Nah, only bet I put on pre tournament was Chile to make the final at 13/8 as they had a pretty easy route to the semis.

Totally forgot about the retaken pen, was very harsh.
Nah, only bet I put on pre tournament was Chile to make the final at 13/8 as they had a pretty easy route to the semis.
Yeah Chile should make the final, odds decent on that too.
Aguero was 9-1 pre tournament, crazy odds especially as Messi is the playmaker

Aranguiz is brilliant. He seriously needs to be playing European football. I can see Sevilla going for him if they lose their Polish midfielder (Kryzschowak or something)

5-0, so predictable. Hilarious how bad Bolivia are, honestly if their players were any other South American nationality they'd never be professionals.

Aranguiz is brilliant. He seriously needs to be playing European football. I can see Sevilla going for him if they lose their Polish midfielder (Kryzschowak or something)
Definitely. He's impressed me every time I've seen him play. I can say the same for Marcelo Diaz as well even though he is at Hamburg. Diaz can play for a better club than a relegation battler.

That own goal though :lol:

He was brilliant last World Cup as well. Wasn't he linked to Arsenal for a while? But yes, hopefully he moves to Europe as he's not getting any younger.

Henriquez has found it too easy to play against Bolivia. I'm really surprised that he's wanting to go to Dinamo Zagreb of all clubs.

The referee felt merciful for Bolivia as he blows the whistle after just 1 minute of stoppage time. This match was too easy for Chile, and it felt like a friendly rather than a competitive international tournament match.

Definitely. He's impressed me every time I've seen him play. I can say the same for Marcelo Diaz as well even though he is at Hamburg. Diaz can play for a better club than a relegation battler.

That own goal though :lol:

Aranguiz is heavily linked to Leverkusen right now. And as a Hamburg supporter fan I have to disagree with the second part of your post. :D

Interesting. A job that I think always sounds more glamorous than it likely is. Lot of work involved in research, statistics, etc.
Yeah it's a hell of a lot of work. I work full time but it's my main source of income. Can spend 5 hours a day researching and not have a single bet if i can't find value. Watching games and spending hours for no reason. Also very stressful and disappointing when you have a bad day. Been tempted to go full time the last few months but not sure I could handle the stress of needing to win to pay my mortgage etc.

Good pay though, I'm guessing + you watch a lot of football.

Varies, last 6 months I'm averaging about £3000 a month profit and it means the girlfriend doesn't complain about me constantly watching football:lol: Have bad days and weeks but haven't been down for a month in a long time thankfully.

Varies, last 6 months I'm averaging about £3000 a month profit and it means the girlfriend doesn't complain about me constantly watching football:lol: Have bad days and weeks but haven't been down for a month in a long time thankfully.

Interesting. Closest way I can relate is I had a stint as full time poker player for a bit after being very successful for years as an amateur playing part time. But I just wasn't good enough and didn't have the discipline to grind it out. I found it soul destroying with a run of correct bets resulting in short term losses due to variance + still trying to focus on the long term picture, EV, etc. I just couldn't hack it at all, so I quit. Can't even play recreationally any more because I've lost any+all enjoyment for the game. Huge respect to anyone who can do it.

Oh, and keep Aranguiz in Brazilian football, you imperialist cnuts :mad:

How did Henriquez do?
He did fairly well against opposition of low standards. He was good on the ball, kept himself available to the ball holder, and was also quite good on the ball. I was a bit surprised that he was actually quite decent in the Sanchez free role. He got two assists in the match: one for Aranguiz' second, and the other for the own goal.

You have nothing to worry about. He'll become a big star for Dinamo Zagreb before moving out to a mid-table European club if he impresses.

It's a shame that Valdivia is never played in a top league/club throughout his career. Bags of talent but with his record of injuries and off-field antics, it's just a shame. His rant though after the game to that reporter was hilarious. Wish more players will do that.

He did fairly well against opposition of low standards. He was good on the ball, kept himself available to the ball holder, and was also quite good on the ball. I was a bit surprised that he was actually quite decent in the Sanchez free role. He got two assists in the match: one for Aranguiz' second, and the other for the own goal.

You have nothing to worry about. He'll become a big star for Dinamo Zagreb before moving out to a mid-table European club if he impresses.
Do you think he has what it takes to make it to a top club one day?

If he'll be good at Dinamo next season I can see him leaving a season after that.

Do you think he has what it takes to make it to a top club one day?

If he'll be good at Dinamo next season I can see him leaving a season after that.
I thought similarly of Kramaric when I saw his highlight videos on YouTube and after I read some of your reviews on him, and I say the same for Henriquez as well. He's definitely more than just a poacher, and as well as being a good goalscorer, he has very good lateral movement, is good on the ball, and can deliver in some decent passes. He can make it at a top club, but he'll have to do what Kramaric did and go to a mid-table/lower-table club at a top league before going to a top team.

we won every football tournament played in argentina

bar two that were won by uruguay

that is what i call rivalry

No, you also lost the very first Copa played in Argentina. To us, of course.

1916-1987-2011

In the meantime, Uruguay never even lost a home game in the Copa, let alone a tourno.

Uruguay 3 - Argentina 0 ;)

@Snow