Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

People shot their load over Neymar too quickly. Missed 2 golden chances and puts his team right up against it by throwing a tantrum like a 12 year old, and thats not even factoring in that he probably should have been sent off in the first half!

Neymar's lucky to only get a two game ban. His after match remarks aren't exactly brimming over with contrition.
"Appoint a poor ref and you get this kind of thing," and (my personal favourite) "They have to use the rules to against me." Could be lost in the quoting and double translation of course.

People shot their load over Neymar too quickly. Missed 2 golden chances and puts his team right up against it by throwing a tantrum like a 12 year old, and thats not even factoring in that he probably should have been sent off in the first half!
What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?

One game into the tournie people got carried away. He had his chances last night and blew them, made it worse by throwing a tantrum and getting the suspension. He was a negative influence over all against Colombia. Also went back to ball hogging when he could have quickened attacks and released the ball earlier.

I remember watching that game and the crowd going crazy over Caniggia.
Argentina were getting brutalized in that match by today's standards Cameroon would ended the match with about 8 players on the pitch.

Just seen the video, and I have to say I don't quite know what happened as I missed the match. I understand Neymar kicked the ball in frustration, but who was the player who squared up to him at first and why did he do it? Obviously Neymar being the little cnut he is he flicked (all that it can be described as) his head towards him, and Bacca being the cnut that he is pushed him (well done to Neymar for not rolling around crying for once).

Also, why was Bacca's shirt ripped? Didn't see that. And were any other Brazil players involved?

On a lighter note, how did Firminio and Falcao do? I saw Cuadrado's ball in for Columbia's goal too and it was brilliant.

One game into the tournie people got carried away. He had his chances last night and blew them, made it worse by throwing a tantrum and getting the suspension. He was a negative influence over all against Colombia. Also went back to ball hogging when he could have quickened attacks and released the ball earlier.

Carried away? He's been carrying this team for a long time now. It's not like his performance in the opening game was something unique.

Carried away? He's been carrying this team for a long time now. It's not like his performance in the opening game was something unique.

carrying them in friendlies certainly. Just a second till I pat down my goosebumps.

I'm just tired of reading this guff that would have you believe he's turning out for San Marino and not BRAZIL.

Brazil would be quite competitve, if they didn't still have Luiz in defense... why that clown is still in the first 11 is beyond me. :D

Brazil benefited by the schedule. Last round will not be played simultaneously, we will play Venezuela already knowing the results we need.

Brazil would be quite competitve, if they didn't still have Luiz in defense... why that clown is still in the first 11 is beyond me. :D

He is off the starting XI, Silva-Miranda played yesterday.

Just seen the video, and I have to say I don't quite know what happened as I missed the match. I understand Neymar kicked the ball in frustration, but who was the player who squared up to him at first and why did he do it? Obviously Neymar being the little cnut he is he flicked (all that it can be described as) his head towards him, and Bacca being the cnut that he is pushed him (well done to Neymar for not rolling around crying for once).

Also, why was Bacca's shirt ripped? Didn't see that. And were any other Brazil players involved?

On a lighter note, how did Firminio and Falcao do? I saw Cuadrado's ball in for Columbia's goal too and it was brilliant.
IIRC, it was Murillo that squared up to Neymar, and it was a reaction to Neymar drilling the ball at Murillo. Bacca's shirt got ripped in the ensuing scuffles as some Brazil players went after him after he shoved Neymar. Those scuffles went on for a good minute or two, I'd say. So yes, other Brazil players were involved, though I couldn't tell you exactly who off the top of my head.

As was stated above, Falcao looked like he did all year for United. Firmino missed the easy chance (as the video clip posted above shows), but otherwise I thought he was decent. Often looked to be trying to distribute more. Neymar chose not to pass to him a couple of times in attack when he was wide open. Maybe his miss justifies those decisions, but it wasn't just Firmino that he wasn't passing to, so it makes me think it's a Neymar issue.

IIRC, it was Murillo that squared up to Neymar, and it was a reaction to Neymar drilling the ball at Murillo. Bacca's shirt got ripped in the ensuing scuffles as some Brazil players went after him after he shoved Neymar. Those scuffles went on for a good minute or two, I'd say. So yes, other Brazil players were involved, though I couldn't tell you exactly who off the top of my head.

As was stated above, Falcao looked like he did all year for United. Firmino missed the easy chance (as the video clip posted above shows), but otherwise I thought he was decent. Often looked to be trying to distribute more. Neymar chose not to pass to him a couple of times in attack when he was wide open. Maybe his miss justifies those decisions, but it wasn't just Firmino that he wasn't passing to, so it makes me think it's a Neymar issue.
Thanks mate!

It probably was Neymar's issue. I think he's a magnificent player and I rate him very highly but he's such a cry baby type. With Barca, we don't see it as much because he's under Messi's shadow but at Brazil he's the main man, and that's when his bellendesque characteristics come through. Kind of like Ronaldo now a days too.

I need the Argies to put at least 3 past Jamaica on saturday. Any chance of this happening? Haven't been following the tourney at all.

I need the Argies to put at least 3 past Jamaica on saturday. Any chance of this happening? Haven't been following the tourney at all.
where do you guys bet these things?

To score at least 3 or win by at least 3? They should score that amount, but I don't trust them against a very athletic team when they play with such a poor midfield.

A grown man did this (click to expand and see Armero)

:lol:

My recording cut off before this happened, someone needs to manip in a Michael Bay explosion!

Ah this brings back fond memories, one of my favourite World Cups. Caniggia was electric in that tournament, the only Argie player to shine, in that incident it was like he was dodging exploding mines before finally succumbing.

Game 12: Peru - Venezuela
Pizza-Delivery
1:0 for Peru against Venezuela through Pizarro

ended like this, too.

After two matches:
Brazil, Peru, Venezuela and Columbia all with three points... - all goal differences 0 - Brazil and Peru on 2:2, Venezuela and Columbia on 1:1

Last edited:
Pizza-Delivery
1:0 for Peru against Venezuela through Pizarro

ended like this, too.

After two matches:
Brazil, Peru, Venezuela and Columbia all with three points... - all goal differences 0 - Brazil and Peru on 2:2, Venezuela and Columbia on 1:1
Yup, with Amorebieta being the stupid defender that he usually is costing Venezuela the match.

Also, I'm quite surprised with Rondon. I used to think that he was a clumsy forward who was just a big poacher, but he showed that he's actually decent and quite an economic user of the ball. I'd have loved to have seen more of Arango, but stupid Amorebieta ruined the match and limited Arango's influence, overall.

I'm not sure how the head-to-head works in terms of goal difference. From Wikipedia:
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the CONMEBOL Organising Committee (i.e. at random).
I get the first one, but what the second and third criteria? What are they supposed to mean?

carrying them in friendlies certainly. Just a second till I pat down my goosebumps.

I'm just tired of reading this guff that would have you believe he's turning out for San Marino and not BRAZIL.
His record in competitive matches is actually better than his record in friendlies.

Yup, with Amorebieta being the stupid defender that he usually is costing Venezuela the match.

Also, I'm quite surprised with Rondon. I used to think that he was a clumsy forward who was just a big poacher, but he showed that he's actually decent and quite an economic user of the ball. I'd have loved to have seen more of Arango, but stupid Amorebieta ruined the match and limited Arango's influence, overall.

I'm not sure how the head-to-head works in terms of goal difference. From Wikipedia:

I get the first one, but what the second and third criteria? What are they supposed to mean?

The second and third obviously only make sense in the case of a three-way tie where each team beat another. E.g. on the basis of head to head right now Brazil would eliminate Peru, which eliminates Venezuela, which eliminates Colombia, which eliminates Brazil. To be honest, instead of working it out it would be easier just to send them all home.

:lol:

My recording cut off before this happened, someone needs to manip in a Michael Bay explosion!

neygif4.gif

Not been able to follow this as I have been on holiday but just checked the tables. Sunday is going to be very interesting in Group C.

Put your bets on a 1 nill bore-fest. Jammy Goal by Otamendi would be my guess.

Game 13: Mexico - Ecuador
Ecuador shouldn't lose. Again, watch Bolanos for Ecuador, think he will move to a good European team after this. He is a very, very good player, miles ahead of the Ecuadorian League and most of South America in the Copa Libertadores.

Ecuador shouldn't lose. Again, watch Bolanos for Ecuador, think he will move to a good European team after this. He is a very, very good player, miles ahead of the Ecuadorian League and most of South America in the Copa Libertadores.
Bolanos will probably go down a similar path to the Valencias and Montero: make it into a decent club in Europe with a possibility (and high probability) of making it into a big club. His dribbling and flair can cause opposition defences problems, but I've yet to see him be effective/productive in this Copa America.

Bolanos will probably go down a similar path to the Valencias and Montero: make it into a decent club in Europe with a possibility (and high probability) of making it into a big club. His dribbling and flair can cause opposition defences problems, but I've yet to see him be effective/productive in this Copa America.

He scored a 30 yard screamer in his last game so far, I'd say that's pretty effective. He's proven against better teams in the Libertadores too, is suited to playing on the counter. I think he will end up at a very good club in the next 2 years.

Last edited:
He scored a 30 yard screamer in his last game so far, I'd say that's pretty effective. He's proven against better teams in the Libertadores too, is suited to playing on the counter. I think he will end up at a very good club in the next 2 years.
We'll see, I guess. If he did perform well in the Libertadores, then there may be something in him. As of now, though, he hasn't put enough of an impression in me, but you've seen more of him, so I'll take your word for it.