Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

e79UvwU.png

Neymar absolutely miles ahead of the rest of the team. Unbelievable pass to set up the winner.

Dani Alves and Willian were excellent as well. Neymar deserved MotM though indeed, most impressive individual performance in the Copa so far in my opinion. He's shown that he's got an eye for such a pass all the way back when he was at Santos, but he needs to start doing that consistently and not once every ten games. For Brazil NT he does seem more comfortable playing with such responsibility so perhaps that filters into it. Like I said, one of the few superstars of today who performs even better for his NT than his club.

Neymar :drool:

Best individual performance so far in this tournament.

I think Messi and Ronaldo over the last few years have ruined what it means to be world class a little bit because nobody could ever compete with them but I have to say that Neymar is fecking special.

He's an incredible player.

It was strange to see how Elias lasted all of the 90 minutes in that match. He was okay with keeping possession and being a shuttler, but defensively, he was very loose. He was too easily pulled around as well as Fred in Brazil's midfield. Fernandinho did a good job positioning himself and closing down the danger areas, but his tendency to close down the ball holder aggressively will be a problem as he doesn't have the protection of Luis Gustavo. Brazil's ultra-aggressive game was okay against Peru's lack of attacking quality, but it'll be suicidal for them against better attacking sides.

I feel somewhat bad for Dunga. With Gustavo out injured, he doesn't really have a proper defensive midfielder to rely on. With what he started off with in midfield, it made it tough for Brazil to attack as all of their attacking threat was only from out wide. Things did improve once Fred went off, but there was still no proper attacking midfielder who could dictate play from the middle. At the moment, they're too reliant on Neymar for good work from the middle.

Peru did well to assert themselves in the tournament. They defended with numbers at the back, but once they had the ball, they moved it around quite well with a quick tempo and good rhythm. Of course, since it was Brazil, they couldn't commit too many men forward, so they struggled to deal with Brazil's high-pressing setup with a few players forward, though Guerrero did a great job as a target man.

This Copa America looks quite competitive at the moment. There's no team that looks like running away with it, and every match has been close to even as well.

As most have said Neymar produced the stand out performance of the first round, absolute quality and seems to inspire his team in a way Messi and Ronaldo don't.

Except when Messi inspired Argentina to a final(his magic basically won them 4 games, and without it they needed ET/Pens)? Although he had a Golden Generation, Ronaldo did similar in 2004, was a star player, albeit not the leader.

Neymar has really improved considerably since joining Barca, I didn't think he was all that last season and even though he was good at the World Cup I didn't find him very exciting to watch. He was immense for Barcelona this season and delivered on the most important occasions and his performance yesterday was very good too, well ahead of the rest of the team in terms of quality. Unbelievable that one team can have him, Messi and Suarez up front, it's cheating.

Didn't expect Columbia to lose. Argentina's second half was awful. Rojo and Di Maria were disappointing. The former was all over the place. Bad start by the United boys.

How does that pass get through? Honestly? Tremendous pass and all but feck me you'd hope someone stuck out a leg or something. Looked quite slow in the vine I saw.

This.. Sick and tired of hearing how amazing the pass was when 9 times of out 10 it would had been intercepted.. If Valencia did that against Burnley, it's pure luck no matter what.

The defensive play from Peru might have been poor but it was still great vision and accuracy to get the pass through.

Didn't expect Columbia to lose. Argentina's second half was awful. Rojo and Di Maria were disappointing. The former was all over the place. Bad start by the United boys.

Rojo's just a crap player, I was stunned when he played so well at the World Cup because any time I'd seen him before that he was rotten. Di Maria's just too inconsistent and far too greedy in the international games too.

I don't know anyone who's even watching on TV, so probably not a killing.....because if it was cheap(ish) to acquire, it'd be on sky.

Rojo's just a crap player, I was stunned when he played so well at the World Cup because any time I'd seen him before that he was rotten. Di Maria's just too inconsistent and far too greedy in the international games too.
He still doesn't seem to have much confidence (Di Maria). Hopefully he finds it against Uruguay.

Player to watch for the tournament btw, Bolanos for Ecuador. Absolutely class, been excellent every single time I've watched him. Carries Emelec at times, especially in the Copa Libertadores.

He still doesn't seem to have much confidence (Di Maria). Hopefully he finds it against Uruguay.

He's too desperate to get those Maradona moments in the Argentina shirt, too ball greedy and just not consistent enough in his play just now. I think Tevez can be quite self-centred in internationals too (I think a lot of Argies want to be that Maradona type talisman because he's so legendary in that country) but you'd still give Tevez the nod because Higuain is much more limited and hasn't exactly played well.

But yeah they really miss a solid centre mid, that's obvious, they also ,miss a top coach but for some reason big clubs and countries are giving Tata Martino jobs.

Yeah, thought so. I'm not really paying attention.

Bolivia are leading 3-0 away from home? So on top of which mountain is this game being played?