Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
We're shit all over, I refuse to believe he's lost it until we have even a semi-functioning set up and judge him from there.

We're shit all over, I refuse to believe he's lost it until we have even a semi-functioning set up and judge him from there.
His legs are going but he's being exposed. You're meant to protect your players, and if a mistake is made, have cover.

He started the first 10-15mins very fast and sharp. I think the commentators mentionee he looked better than last season.

2 errors later his confidence was shot, however I refuse to believe he would of been any less impactful than his half time replacement who looked completley lost in midfield.

Better days ahead for Casemiro but they are numbered!

It wasn't even his lack of legs that primarily let him down today. Just brain-dead decision making and lack of awareness.

Lack of legs in midfield was also a weakness, though it didn't result in any goals, just loss of territory and general disarray in the structure because the team were trying to find on field solutions to getting sniped by artificial transitions and our press broke down

:lol: I actually forgot about that.

I had flashbacks to Fellaini running the ball 40 yards straight out for a throw in. It was that level of comical.

That's actually a pretty good comparison.

The sad thing is that Fellaini still had his uses, we just weren't using him properly. Case is just finished at this level.

It's not just physical. Most players lose their legs as they get older but their 'head' and cleverness could be still there, they just can't do it physically in my opinion. Every player is different.

My point was in reference to your original post where you said his problem wasn't physically. I genuinely think it's both. At that level it takes less than a sec to make a wrong decision. Whether its to make a run or a step to the left of right or make a pass to a player making a run.

So perhaps mentally he's a little slow and he doesn't have the legs physically to make what he wanted to do work right. It's a problem for him in both ways.
I guess I just think he was physically such a beast in his first year that it's unthinkable he could drop off that much afterwards. It's not like we haven't seen it before with the likes of Fabinho, but to me Casemiro looks well able to jump forward and close somebody down. Or go on a pointless sprint forward. When I watch him, I'm annoyed by him acting like he's 22, not by him playing like he's 32. I'd welcome him playing like a seasoned 32 year old.

That was one of the saddest "he should retire after this" game I have ever seen. Worse than Neville vs West Brom. And the guy is only 32 ffs
Neville looked incapable of keeping up with the pace of the game that day, it was so sad to watch. Case should realise that he's done at this level and head off to Saudi or we should nudge him along by dropping him from the matchday squad.

I guess I just think he was physically such a beast in his first year that it's unthinkable he could drop off that much afterwards. It's not like we haven't seen it before with the likes of Fabinho, but to me Casemiro looks well able to jump forward and close somebody down. Or go on a pointless sprint forward. When I watch him, I'm annoyed by him acting like he's 22, not by him playing like he's 32. I'd welcome him playing like a seasoned 32 year old.
That does happen to players, though. There can be a drastic difference from the previous year for a player who is getting older. I do agree with you that his head is not the same but I think it's obvious he has lost his legs also.

I agree he was so important to us in his first season. We were better with him in the team. The second season he had less quality players around him. At Madrid, for years he had quality behind, beside and in front of him mixed with a style of play that every player knew. I am not trying to take anything away from how good of a player he was, I'm only making a point that last season there was probably more expected of him than what he was used to. Overall there was so many problems with injuries last year it affected how we were trying to play and affected the good players we had because there was less quality on the pitch with them.

He should have left this summer but unfortunately he's tied down to a contract with big wages and no club was willing to spend that much on him or pay the amount he's on at United and we had to sell McTominay, who wanted to be here and played his heart out. Not always amazing, but he played with his heart.

I think we are giving him too much responsibility on the ball in the build up.

That does happen to players, though. There can be a drastic difference from the previous year for a player who is getting older. I do agree with you that his head is not the same but I think it's obvious he has lost his legs also.

I agree he was so important to us in his first season. We were better with him in the team. The second season he had less quality players around him. At Madrid, for years he had quality behind, beside and in front of him mixed with a style of play that every player knew. I am not trying to take anything away from how good of a player he was, I'm only making a point that last season there was probably more expected of him than what he was used to. Overall there was so many problems with injuries last year it affected how we were trying to play and affected the good players we had because there was less quality on the pitch with them.

He should have left this summer but unfortunately he's tied down to a contract with big wages and no club was willing to spend that much on him or pay the amount he's on at United and we had to sell McTominay, who wanted to be here and played his heart out. Not always amazing, but he played with his heart.
I think the overall point I've been trying to make since February is that Casemiro didn't get slow and turn to shit, he got stupid and turned to mostly shit. It's a completely academic argument that can neither be proven nor disproven, and has no relevance to the working nature of the reality we exist in. But that's where we are now - arguing about why Casemiro is shit, not if he is or how much.

I think the overall point I've been trying to make since February is that Casemiro didn't get slow and turn to shit, he got stupid and turned to mostly shit. It's a completely academic argument that can neither be proven nor disproven, and has no relevance to the working nature of the reality we exist in. But that's where we are now - arguing about why Casemiro is shit, not if he is or how much.
I understand the point you're making. Probably can't be proven or disproven but from the evidence we do have from watching games, he isn't as fit or fast compared to the previous season. He was well involved and impactful in majority of games in his first season but last season there was plenty of times he was in no mans land, that's likely down to him not being physically up to it as the previous season. Hence the whole ''lost his legs'' argument.

Today, for instance, I don't think you can blame everything on his legs. Today's game he completely lost his head and mentally he wasn't there and he didn't redeem himself. The longer he was on the worse it got.

I understand the point you're making. Probably can't be proven or disproven but from the evidence we do have from watching games, he isn't as fit or fast compared to the previous season. He was well involved and impactful in majority of games in his first season but last season there was plenty of times he was in no mans land, that's likely down to him not being physically up to it as the previous season. Hence the whole ''lost his legs'' argument.

Today, for instance, I don't think you can blame everything on his legs. Today's game he completely lost his head and mentally he wasn't there and he didn't redeem himself. The longer he was on the worse it got.
I'm not gonna pile in on him anymore, because I think my anger has been a bit too focused on him and there's no point in that. The reality is that we need him to perform and I hope he uses this as a springboard. You're allowed a few performances so long as you make up for it. Come on Cas!

I'm not gonna pile in on him anymore, because I think my anger has been a bit too focused on him and there's no point in that. The reality is that we need him to perform and I hope he uses this as a springboard. You're allowed a few performances so long as you make up for it. Come on Cas!
We will agree on that! Problem is lately there's a lot more bad than good but he's not the only one.

I hate giving out about players. It takes a team to lose and to win but today he was awful. He can't start the next game and I hope he can find his form by sitting out for a few games by coming on later in the game.

He can make it so much easier for himself, and us, if he wasn't so reckless with the ball.

The alternatives were very few today so he had to start.

But ideally you would want to protect him from the top teams in the league. We could all see after last season that he was on the decline, so better to use him against the lesser team.

We will agree on that! Problem is lately there's a lot more bad than good but he's not the only one.

I hate giving out about players. It takes a team to lose and to win but today he was awful. He can't start the next game and I hope he can find his form by sitting out for a few games by coming on later in the game.
I was going to reply to your former post in a way that was both positive and in disagreement to you. Scuppered now!

Casemiro will almost certainly start the next game thought.and I'm completely okay with that, I really don't want another signing to end up with a 3-monty injury

Well, yeah!

The pass for the first goal was so sloppy.
See I think he's still capable of playing in this league but he's desperate to play defense splitting passes.
He's more than capable of playing in this league if he tones it down and I blame ETH for not giving him or Mainoo support and clear instructions.

ETH doesn't help him, but he should be nowhere near the starting XI at the end of the season.

ETH plays a major part in Casemiro being so erratic on the ball. Just tell Cas to play it short and simple and get the team moving up the pitch, he's fully capable of that.

Shambolic. I rhink that aums him up today. Mostly his fault but there is also likely an element of poor instructions there.

His recklesslessness on the ball has been a consistent factor ever since he got here. The Casemiro for Brazil or Real Madrid, wouldn't attempt that pass for the first goal or tries to dribble it out of his half own defensive third.

Like I said, he sums up ETHs football. High risk, low reward.

ETH plays a major part in Casemiro being so erratic on the ball. Just tell Cas to play it short and simple and get the team moving up the pitch, he's fully capable of that.
He was at Real Madrid and in his first season.... but now? It isnt like he is only missplacing difficult passes. Even passes that shouldnt be that hard to make seem like a difficult task for him.

See I think he's still capable of playing in this league but he's desperate to play defense splitting passes.
He's more than capable of playing in this league if he tones it down and I blame ETH for not giving him or Mainoo support and clear instructions.

Mainoo is not a good partner for him in this system against a team like Liverpool who work around the press well and then go direct with real accuracy and pace.

To anyone hoping Saudi clubs would sign him. All the big clubs that can afford him have been instructed to sign younger players no more big abdullah al sultan has beens. I think the eldest player signed this year is Ivan Toney. We are stuck with him this year. Hopefully we can move him on next summer.

His recklesslessness on the ball has been a consistent factor ever since he got here. The Casemiro for Brazil or Real Madrid, wouldn't attempt that pass for the first goal or tries to dribble it out of his half own defensive third.

Couldn’t agree more. Needs to play it safer and stay more consistent.

He’s not as bad as he showed today. He doesn’t look comfortable playing in this setup and why would he - it’s poor tactics that leave him exposed. New manager will get more from him. He’s not that bad.

I thought he did pretty well in the Fulham game after a nervy opening and was hopeful that he may be a positive for the season going forward. But my god, that first half performance was up there with the one that sent Gary Neville into early retirement.

He’s not as bad as he showed today. He doesn’t look comfortable playing in this setup and why would he - it’s poor tactics that leave him exposed. New manager will get more from him. He’s not that bad.
Him being bad was not due to tactics today. Sure tactics might be an issue but Casemiro being poor today was purely down to himself.

He is never the type to carry a team. He keeps a working slick team tidy by doing the dirty work. We are far from a working team, let alone slick.

Ugerte will not solve our problem.

This is an excellent point actually. He used to, mainly, get the ball back and give it in one simple play. Now he's trying to take too much responsibility on the ball to do something he's not comfortable doing.

I thought he didn't start the game too badly (first 25mins of so), he actually made a couple of very good interceptions. Then as usual he started trying to progress the ball out of midfield, either dribbling or threading passes. I dont understand why he is playing this way when it's not his game.

Why can't he just win the ball and either pass it back or sideways, that's all he needs to do. This attempt at playmaking has been going on for over 1 year now and it's hard to believe none of the coaching staff see the issue. You'd have to assume they are seeing it, so it begs the question why isn't he being told to stop this? And if he is, then is he just ignoring instructions.

Really puzzling situation all round. I dont think he is as bad as its being made out. When Ugarte replaces him, if he tries the same playmaking, we will know its 100% a management issue.

Everyone saying sell him to Saudi. I'm not joking, would they even take him at this stage?! They're rich, but they ain't blind and stupid!

Quality control
There was a moderator on here at half time sticking up or casemiro. We are a joke