Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I thought he didn't start the game too badly (first 25mins of so), he actually made a couple of very good interceptions. Then as usual he started trying to progress the ball out of midfield, either dribbling or threading passes. I dont understand why he is playing this way when it's not his game.

Why can't he just win the ball and either pass it back or sideways, that's all he needs to do. This attempt at playmaking has been going on for over 1 year now and it's hard to believe none of the coaching staff see the issue. You'd have to assume they are seeing it, so it begs the question why isn't he being told to stop this? And if he is, then is he just ignoring instructions.

Really puzzling situation all round. I dont think he is as bad as its being made out. When Ugarte replaces him,

I thought he didn't start the game too badly (first 25mins of so), he actually made a couple of very good interceptions. Then as usual he started trying to progress the ball out of midfield, either dribbling or threading passes. I dont understand why he is playing this way when it's not his game.

Why can't he just win the ball and either pass it back or sideways, that's all he needs to do. This attempt at playmaking has been going on for over 1 year now and it's hard to believe none of the coaching staff see the issue. You'd have to assume they are seeing it, so it begs the question why isn't he being told to stop this? And if he is, then is he just ignoring instructions.

Really puzzling situation all round. I dont think he is as bad as its being made out. When Ugarte replaces him, if he tries the same playmaking, we will know its 100% a management issue.
Wow.

We are now in to the circus :lol: :lol:
God help my club.

Absolutely the wife is directing it to anyone questioning Casemiro output

God help my club.

That's the issue I think. Having won everything there is, they probably feel there is nothing left for him to prove. Our structure did a good job in avoiding signing players like this who are at the end of their careers and will probably be looking for their last big contract. We are his Saudi. There's no need for him to go anywhere.

Yeah that would have been Mark Noble’s trophy cabinet too if he had Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale ahead of him, Modric and Kroos next to him, and Sergio Ramos behind him.
Imagine what Real Madrid would’ve won if they had someone who is actually good at football instead playing there for all those years.

Nice to see her sticking up for her husband like that, though, quite romantic.

Atrocious once more. Cannot be in the starting eleven again.

It's baffling how a player of his pedigree could end up like this. Age-wise, he isn't over the hill so what has happened? Did Real sell us a ringer?

Really puzzling situation all round. I dont think he is as bad as its being made out. When Ugarte replaces him, if he tries the same playmaking, we will know its 100% a management issue.
No, not today. He made several unexplicably bad involvements before their first goal. I was alteady suprised and disappointed by him at that point. He looked as if he gave up after their first offside goal. Remember, Liverpool didn’t create much outside of the Casemiro brainfarts until after 2-0. We played well for five minutes as a team, meh for the next 40 but were still very unlucky. Case let down Erik today more than the other way around - unlike several times last year.

Atrocious once more. Cannot be in the starting eleven again.

Unfortunately Ten Hag will be starting him in the next game. I don't see the manager dropping him after such a stinker.

he is ageing so i can have sympathy for him being slow to tackle or unable to follow the pace of the game....

being fat for most of last season, can forgive that even though we as a club shouldnt.

but what drives me insane is that he somehow had a switch in his head and all of the sudden he thinks he can play football....he is in full muppet mode, passing and shooting like bruno, constantly being out of position, flying in tackles like a kid etc.

should be put in U23 until he completes 90 minutes with over 95% of his passing, muppet that he is that would make this game his last game for the club which is a win for us.

The biggest issue honestly. He's not accepting his limitations and is playing like he's on the Harlem Globetrotters out there.

Unfortunately Ten Hag will be starting him in the next game. I don't see the manager dropping him after such a stinker.
He will. Our next game is after the international break where Ugarte most probably will have some game time with Uruguay.

He should either be sold or a cup competition / late game sub player. That he’s starting despite his shocking level (which has been evident from last season) is madness.

Ineos have to be more ruthless.

You can't afford to make mistakes like that City, Liverpool and Arsenal will punish you, especially, City and Liverpool. United needs to iron out these mistakes.

Used to be an amazing player and feel sad for him now but he cannot be a starter. Even before his first mistake, he was playing badly and it was only a matter of time that would cost us the game.

I'll tell you the answer. Its because his partner is Mainoo/Mount/McTominay during this time, who are not progressive passers. Casemiro didnt try all these hollywood balls when Eriksen was playing alongside him, because he didnt need to.

We were trying this 3-1 buildup structure again yesterday, which compeletly isolates him, and puts the onus of buildup on him. I dont understand why, because it doesnt suit his game at all. Liverpool players hounded him knowing if they could nick it off him, its suddenly a 4v3 or 3v2. Slott admitted it too.

Worrying part is Ugarte wont fix it either, he's no maverick on the ball either. Its a structural issue.

I'll tell you the answer. Its because his partner is Mainoo/Mount/McTominay during this time, who are not progressive passers. Casemiro didnt try all these hollywood balls when Eriksen was playing alongside him, because he didnt need to.

We were trying this 3-1 buildup structure again yesterday, which compeletly isolates him, and puts the onus of buildup on him. I dont understand why, because it doesnt suit his game at all. Liverpool players hounded him knowing if they could nick it off him, its suddenly a 4v3 or 3v2. Slott admitted it too.

Worrying part is Ugarte wont fix it either, he's no maverick on the ball either. Its a structural issue.

I agree with this. For the first goal yesterday when he receives the ball, Mainoo, Bruno, both full-backs and the front three are all ahead of him and all running away from him. It puts us in immediate danger if the ball is turned over. Is Ugarte going to be able to make that pass?

How can you be so sloppy and make those mistakes in our biggest game of the season.
That pass for their first goal is just incredible bad.
Also when he dribbled at the sideline and just gave up and handed the ball over. Hahaha what was that

He should either be sold or a cup competition / late game sub player. That he’s starting despite his shocking level (which has been evident from last season) is madness.

Ineos have to be more ruthless.
Yeah unfortunately it was always going to take 2-3 transfer windows to fix all this mess. Fact with Casemiro is, unless Saudi comes calling (& he’s actually interested in going), we’re stuck with him on this wage - unless he miraculously accepts a massive pay cut to join a smaller team in Europe. I think we’re stuck with him unless we’re able to pay him off to leave.

He thinks he is Toni Kroos. Decision making was way off, frankly unacceptable and he deserved to be hauled off. Doesn’t mean he’s totally finished but it’s down to him to bounce back and cut out this nonsense.

Yeah unfortunately it was always going to take 2-3 transfer windows to fix all this mess. Fact with Casemiro is, unless Saudi comes calling (& he’s actually interested in going), we’re stuck with him on this wage - unless he miraculously accepts a massive pay cut to join a smaller team in Europe. I think we’re stuck with him unless we’re able to pay him off to leave.

He thinks he is Toni Kroos. Decision making was way off, frankly unacceptable and he deserved to be hauled off. Doesn’t mean he’s totally finished but it’s down to him to bounce back and cut out this nonsense.

We should probably try to loan him out to save on his wages and add another midfielder who justifies a starting / rotational role.

Also while I think Casemiro is out of his depth and lacks of the legs now, our tactics are also so bemusing exasperating any mistakes made in the buildup. It’s been going for too long and smacks of a manager who just doesn’t know what to do.

He’s been done for a long time now, it’s actually incredible he wasn’t sold in the summer and continues starting games for us.

but what drives me insane is that he somehow had a switch in his head and all of the sudden he thinks he can play football....he is in full muppet mode, passing and shooting like bruno, constantly being out of position, flying in tackles like a kid etc.
It’s been the same ever since he joined. The manager has never reined it in. Ten Hag doesn’t value ball circulation or possession so our midfielders are at liberty to instantly attempt over the top balls from 60 yards away to Rashford — a tactic which works once every 20 odd passes, maybe.

It’s been the same ever since he joined. The manager has never reined it in. Ten Hag doesn’t value ball circulation or possession so our midfielders are at liberty to instantly attempt over the top balls from 60 yards away to Rashford — a tactic which works once every 20 odd passes, maybe.
Mainoo does not do this, Amrabat didn’t do it either

God help my club.

This is what annoys me about the modern day footballer.

Just because you have been successful throughout your career doesnt automatically give you a free pass to have shocker after shocker. No one has denied how good of a football player he has been in the past.

Footballers need to start owning it - they are paid bloody handsomely by the club, the fans pay an absolute fortune to go and watch them perform. The least the fans expect to see is a bit of effort and hunger, and for simple passes to be completed by a £60m midfielder whose won the lot.

If anything should have been posted, it should have been an apology to the fans by Casemiro himself - not getting his wife to post an image of trophies won in the past, at a different club.

The problem is we don't have many options in that CDM position. Mainoo and Ugarte, yes - but Collyer doesn't look good enough at the moment. So realistically Casemiro is going to have to play 20-odd games for us this season.

In the more advanced attacking midfield positions we have far too many options. It's an imbalance in the squad that still hasn't been addressed.

Yes. he did. This is his pass completion % before the World Cup in 2022, it's not a good look for a DM who should be the most secure with his passing in the team.

Case-passing.jpg

God help my club.

This kinda describes United .

A once Great club ( a once great player )
That is now broken and just not at the level of its former glories . A mere shadow of its self

At some point, I genuinely felt bad for him. Specially when he kicked it out of play for the throw-in. I was like "Man has mentally broken down"

Yes. he did. This is his pass completion % before the World Cup in 2022, it's not a good look for a DM who should be the most secure with his passing in the team.
I had a check at his stats, and Casemiro attempted even more long balls in his RM days, and with much better accuracy. PL is just different intensity though, and its a much different ask having Kroos next to you.

We are using Casemiro as our "connector" between our defense and attack(in our 3-1-6 or 3-2-5), and him being hounded by 2-3 players didnt help, even Mainoo who is much better on the ball struggled.

This is a system issue, we need to keep the likes of Casemiro/Ugarte higher up the pitch during buildup, and use Mainoo/Eriksen along with a fullback in our 3-2 buildup shape. Ten Hag did something similar with Collyer yesterday, pushing him up. We cannot have any weak links in our buildup, players who can be targeted.

I had a check at his stats, and Casemiro attempted even more long balls in his RM days, and with much better accuracy. PL is just different intensity though, and its a much different ask having Kroos next to you.

We are using Casemiro as our "connector" between our defense and attack(in our 3-1-6 or 3-2-5), and him being hounded by 2-3 players didnt help, even Mainoo who is much better on the ball struggled.

This is a system issue, we need to keep the likes of Casemiro/Ugarte higher up the pitch during buildup, and use Mainoo/Eriksen along with a fullback in our 3-2 buildup shape. Ten Hag did something similar with Collyer yesterday, pushing him up. We cannot have any weak links in our buildup, players who can be targeted.
He just isn't getting the time he needs to play those passes and he knows it too which is why we see a lot of those first-time passes from him. He's a very poor player under pressure.

We really are a graveyard for players and it's bizarre.

The guy is 32 and we've made him look 52. Yesterday is one of the worst performances of any player I can remember in a Utd shirt. It's not even like he was out ran, he just could not pass to a team mate, took an age on the ball and was utterly hopeless in possession.

Mainoo does not do this, Amrabat didn’t do it either
Amrabat is no longer here. Mainoo doesn’t, that’s correct, because he as a player understands the value of ball retention. But even still, he is comprehensively our lowest volume passer and attempts per 90. Fernandes and Casemiro trump him on pass attempts by some distance — Mainoo attempts around 40 passes per game (which is very low); Fernandes and Casemiro 60 and 63 respectively.

Our main remit of our midfield under ten Hag is to pump the ball forward as quickly as we can. Force the risky passes, and if they don’t work, attempt to win the ball back as high up as we can.

There’s very rarely any intention to circulate the ball and keep sustained possession. Small sample size but we’re in 7th place for most possession per game in the PL so far. Slight increase but again very early days (we were joint 9th last year).

Casa + Bruno is a cup side midfield

Works in one off games (because experience). Too flawed, overrun and erratic in a league that demands doing the simple things at a high level consistently.

The managers tactical instructions don’t help also don’t help

I think people should think of Bruno + Casa the way Madrid saw later stage Kroos + Modric. Really good players but only bring them out in specific games and rarely together

in his defence he was absolutely set up for failure. Slot picking out the obvious weakness in the way ETH is trying to make us play. Horrid performance from his side of things but Liverpool executed it almost perfectly.

At a very basic level all he needed to do was communicate on the pitch.

As the most experienced player, if you are getting overrun or need help, then demand it from the players around you.

Tragic, that said the tactics only exacerbate his weaknesses.

Amrabat is no longer here. Mainoo doesn’t, that’s correct, because he as a player understands the value of ball retention. But even still, he is comprehensively our lowest volume passer and attempts per 90. Fernandes and Casemiro trump him on pass attempts by some distance — Mainoo attempts around 40 passes per game (which is very low); Fernandes and Casemiro 60 and 63 respectively.

Our main remit of our midfield under ten Hag is to pump the ball forward as quickly as we can. Force the risky passes, and if they don’t work, attempt to win the ball back as high up as we can.

There’s very rarely any intention to circulate the ball and keep sustained possession. Small sample size but we’re in 7th place for most possession per game in the PL so far. Slight increase but again very early days (we were joint 9th last year).
You are speaking about what those individual players do rather than what we want. There is a reason Casemiro was supposed to be sold and dropped for the final and why Ten Hag wanted Amrabat.

Its moot anyway ETH wont last but we also need to remodel midfield as much as we did CB this summer.

I genuinely feel bad for him. He needs a break from the team. The tactics are not great but he has also been awful, he cant miss simple passes and be disposed like that.