Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He can’t really help that his legs have gone and he just isn’t fit for purpose physically. But the idiotic passing and decision making is just ridiculous.

It’s comical watching him and he should never play for us again, but he’s so expensive that we’re stuck with him for two season. An absolute terrible transfer with exception of about 5-6 months in his first season.

What can we do if the Saudis don't want him? Throw him in the reserves and hope he leaves in the summer?

He was absolutely shit, but it‘s the type of absolute shite that leaves you scratching your head. All last season Casemiro showed that if you expose him and ask him to play progressive passes he‘ll give the ball away and watch players run past him. So what is he asked to do? Exactly the things that have seen him look shit for a year, and he drops a 0/10 performance.

I‘m not sure you can legislate for someone being THAT bad, but that performance was coming the second you saw that we‘d opted for chaos ball and players running forward like headless chickens. We‘ve seen that story enough times already.

Will always remember him for showing us how it's like to have both a world class and a Sunday league footballer playing for us in midfield.

Basically at fault for first 2 goals and we were never coming back into the game after that.

He's here to stay this season no doubt. If it's possible to make him look decent by rotating with other players then it won't be that bad but it's a big if.

Sooner him, onana and ten hag are out of the club, the better, list could be tripple that mind

0/10 from Casemiro today, as bad a midfield performance as you will ever see

Punished for the misplaced passes but whole first half there were misplaced passes from both teams.
Our attack was non -existent first half. Our attack has really been poor this season. Case had a bad game but entire team was bad.

He looks like he wants 3 or 4 seconds on the ball when you only get 1 or 2. His first mistake was one made not under pressure. Just awful passing.. It Seems he has lost his edge as a top player at this level. I expect he will see a lot of the bench this season with Ugarte the first choice DM.

As has been said, his two mistakes for the goal weren't even his worst bits of play in the first half.

Mindlessly running to the byline, almost falling over and giving the ball to Liverpool under minimal pressure

Gave the ball away twice in 5 seconds when a simple pass would've cut Liverpool open

Overhit an easy pass to Rashford to put him through

Then scuffed the ball across the middle of the pitch to spring a Liverpool counter.

Ah unreal half of football from a professional. That's a season's worth of mistakes in 45 mins

We had a full season of evidence that he is done and we are still relying on him to start big games like this. Let’s hope Ugarte is both ready and capable to take over after the break.

I gave Casemiro a 1 as 0 is not an option here. The first giveaway was actually after a foul that wasn’t called but still he got mugged like he was a teenage girl. The bad ball on the second was beyond belief.

Apart from his obscene wages I don’t mind Casemiro as an option off the bench but we should have started the season with him as our first choice CDM.

That is a Neville vs West Brom game.
Enough said . Should never play for us again after that.

There are two type of DM the ones who know they are limited on the ball and keep it simple and then the Rodri, Bosquet type. Casemiro is in his own weird category were he is limited but tries to play like Pirlo.
Off the ball there are two types those who aren't so mobile but know how to read the game and are at the right places at the right time and then those who are mobile and athletic and cover every blade of grass. Casemiro isn't mobile but yet doesn't truly sit at the base. He's problem is he isn't really a very clever player.

he is ageing so i can have sympathy for him being slow to tackle or unable to follow the pace of the game....

being fat for most of last season, can forgive that even though we as a club shouldnt.

but what drives me insane is that he somehow had a switch in his head and all of the sudden he thinks he can play football....he is in full muppet mode, passing and shooting like bruno, constantly being out of position, flying in tackles like a kid etc.

should be put in U23 until he completes 90 minutes with over 95% of his passing, muppet that he is that would make this game his last game for the club which is a win for us.

:lol:

I might just cry if I don't laugh - hands down the worst midfield display I’ve seen from anyone. I called it during the pre-season match against Liverpool; he looked finished back then. He was decent in the first two league games, but today was an absolute disaster. He looked lost out there, like a man who’d had one too many the night before. I don’t think he got a single thing right.

Undefendable.

First mistake was miles off the ball he needed to play. He needed to lift it and give it more power, instead it was easily intercepted.

2nd one he didnt protect the ball well enough. At first I didnt see the Diaz touch and thought he'd been hard done by, but have seen it on replays.

Quite possibly the worst half of football by a player I've ever seen.
Yeah, I remember Bakayoko's game for Chelsea, where he got red just after 20-25 minutes. Every pass he touched, he got wrong, every pass he attempted, he got wrong. Finished the game with like 0% passes completed, 2 yellow cards, and 0 tackles won. This is a close second to Casemiro today, all it was missing was a sending-off.
What can we do if the Saudis don't want him? Throw him in the reserves and hope he leaves in the summer?
If we don't sell him, let's not play him against dynamic midfielders anymore. He will come in handy against Southhampton, Ipswich, Leicester, and Everton. That's 8 games there. He clearly believes that he can still play at the top level, no matter how many more stupidities he will do on the pitch.

For someone with so much experience I can’t quite believe how he has fallen off a cliff so badly. He’s only 32 ffs.

He's absolutely fine physically, but he plays with such an incredible amount of immaturity it's unbelievable. Last season Kobbie Mainoo, the teenager, had to calm him down on several occasions.

Casemiro's body was never the problem, so I don't buy the "we needed legs" thing at all." His head is just completely gone. It has been for a long time.

He is over the hill and should not be playing for us. Having said that, it is criminal that he has been allowed to play like a DLP, spraying passes around when that wasn't exactly what made him a very good midfielder in the first place.

Like that scene from Space Jam where the aliens steal the talent and mobility from the players

He's absolutely fine physically, but he plays with such an incredible amount of immaturity it's unbelievable. Last season Kobbie Mainoo, the teenager, had to calm him down on several occasions.

Casemiro's body was never the problem, so I don't buy the "we needed legs" thing at all." His head is just completely gone. It has been for a long time.
Wow. That's officially one of the worst posts of all time

He's far from physically fine, he's fitter than the average bloke sure but for a professional footballer he's lost the yard or so that used to see him win the ball, and that goes a long way to his poor decision making as he tries to compensate.

Wow. That's officially one of the worst posts of all time
His problem is he does incredibly stupid things and he does them constantly. If that's not a mental issue I don't know what is. I think he's done because of that. Physicality he could fix - it's clear he's tried to up that part of his game. He could be the fittest man on earth and it wouldn't matter.

So take your official and shove it up your arse.