Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He has absolutely no idea how to play his position which is baffling given his experience.

He was decent/good until about the 60-70min mark and from then on that’s when you saw him sliding around and being more careless. At this point you have to sub him but ETH made a typical bad call leaving him on.

In the first half we kept possession very well and he was part of that. He’s someone who clearly needs his minutes managed.
For who? We don't even have Amrabat to fall back on anymore. I'm not sure if Collyer is ready.

His passing shares similarity with Bruno where they are both inconsistent, and can do well with killer balls if it comes off, the amount of times his inability to find his team mates today has killed a great deal of momentum.

He was decent/good until about the 60-70min mark and from then on that’s when you saw him sliding around and being more careless. At this point you have to sub him but ETH made a typical bad call leaving him on.

In the first half we kept possession very well and he was part of that. He’s someone who clearly needs his minutes managed.

Agreed. No coincidence that we lost control of the game from about 70 minutes when Casemiro's legs were gone and Mainoo was also knackered. That's where I thought bringing Collyer on in that moment would've really helped matters. The change in momentum in the game was on ETH and he arguably made changes that made us look even worse.

He didn’t play well for first hour or so but big improvement on last season. Completely ran out of steam and then was a waste of space just desperately sliding in on the off chance he’d win the ball.

It’s crazy we are reliant on him as a starter and not sure how long he will even be able to play at this level.

Just saw the replay of that last goal and him, McTominay and Garnacho are the culprits.

McTominay just goes to sleep after the corner whips past rather than picking up the man.

Casemiro rushes out of the box to the ball side.

Garnacho gambles for a breakaway

Those were the 3 players that were free for Brighton for the goal.

covered 3rd most distance today, only behind gilmour and mainoo. looks far better than last season but we still need another option there.

Can't blame him or the manager for the last 20mins. No DM sub for the old man. If we keep playing him for 90mins it'll turn really ugly sooner rather than later.

To a lesser degree it's like some posters expecting Amass to feature more prominently for the 1st team already.

In the last 15-20 minutes of a game when we are clearly struggling though, we are incapable of putting a midfield out at the moment that can play 90 minutes to a decent standard and with the required energy levels. He shouldn't be on the bench if he can't contribute

In the last 15-20 minutes of a game when we are clearly struggling though, we are incapable of putting a midfield out at the moment that can play 90 minutes to a decent standard and with the required energy levels. He shouldn't be on the bench if he can't contribute
He really shouldn’t away at Brighton unless we're 2 - 3 goals up with a couple minutes to spare. But we have no other option.

I think he was mostly alright and then it's like there was a point in the game at about 70 mins where he just hit the self destruct button. He just started sliding, even when the ball was close to him! :lol:

Ran out of gas by 55/60 minutes or so. His fitness is a big contributing factor to us losing control of games towards the end despite the new system.

He's also been quite poor on the ball so far this season.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought his short passing and general positioning to receive in those midfield spaces and with opposition on his back was pretty good today apart from the last 15-20 mins. He's actually a pretty decent technician there with his bounce passes and in those triangles, if a bit inconsistent because he has a hollywood first time pass in him.

I'd like see him with Ugarte in a double pivot.

Was weaker today than previous games, just okay. Aside from the mistake alongside McTominay leaving the back post on the 2nd phase of a set piece for the 2nd goal, my main concern with him at the start of the season is that he's getting on the end of chances to shoot or head the ball and he's having poor attempts. Needs to do a lot better with them or pass to a teammate.

Just saw the replay of that last goal and him, McTominay and Garnacho are the culprits.

McTominay just goes to sleep after the corner whips past rather than picking up the man.

Casemiro rushes out of the box to the ball side.

Garnacho gambles for a breakaway

Those were the 3 players that were free for Brighton for the goal.

Yes, a whole host of players partly at fault for that one but Casemiro was one of the big ones. He was in that area of the pitch initially and runs off up the pitch.

Mazraoui was towards the near post too but rushed out towards the right back area, perhaps too quickly.

Antony's weak tackle on the edge of the box.

McTominay leaves Joao Pedro who he was initially close to and ends up on Dunk.

De Ligt is attracted to ball when Van Hecke touches it back towards Anyari at the edge of the box, abandoning Dunk momentarily who was left free . I don't think it's why McTom picked up Dunk, he seemed to be heading there already but was left 3 v 1 in either case at that point. De Ligt did get back to cover Dunk in the end but it wasn't great from him.

Last edited:
Joao Pedro was holding his hand up for 5 seconds, showing where he wants the ball, before the cross came in. No leadership, no organization at the back.

He is the most experienced player out there, he should be making sure there are no spaces, and help see a game out, that if you see that you can't win, not to lose.

I thought he was fine for an hour, then had about 10 pints and turned into drunk slip n side Casemiro

I find his decision making a bit strange at times. There were times in the first half where he'd have an opening to turn into space and play a progressive pass and he'd pass it back. And there were times, where he needed to just recycle it back to CBs and he'd try an ambitious pass.

Joao Pedro was holding his hand up for 5 seconds, showing where he wants the ball, before the cross came in. No leadership, no organization at the back.

He is the most experienced player out there, he should be making sure there are no spaces, and help see a game out, that if you see that you can't win, not to lose.

Yeah very disappointed with the senior players for that late goal. Onana, Martinez, Caz, De Light should all be shouting and communicating, pointing out the danger areas and players instead everyone was doing their own thing.

Wonder if we start seeing rumblings of Casemiro wanting to leave now as he seems quite driven to start and Ugarte surely takes his place?

Should not be starting games anymore

There’s no issue with him starting, but playing 90 minutes every week is going to be a struggle. I actually think he’ll play alongside Ugarte quite a lot, and it means we don’t have to run Mainoo into the ground which is a bonus.

Pleasant surprise so far this season. Not totally done yet. Has been exposed a few times for lacking tempo and pace, but has done a very good job of breaking down oppo attacks too.

Get him on the next plane to Saudi and play Collyer instead as #2

There were signs of life for a couple of games there... but yeah, when's that Saudi window open til?

Quite possibly the worst half of football by a player I've ever seen.

There were no other options today.

All you can do is hope he is never exposed to another top 6 side for the rest of the season.

Wow, difficult to watch. Truly horrific performance and he must be embarrassed with that. Almost speechless at HT.