View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
What you thinking guys?

Oh right so you think Bruno is the sole reason we are playing the way we are?

Carry on. Its quite abundantly clear its the system, you can put the best 11 in there and we would look the same under this manager/

Incredibly stupid second yellow considering what his first yellow was for. At the moment, I think Bruno is a problem, we are so poor defensively after losing the ball and getting countered on, and he just gives the ball away far too often. I’m not saying Mount or anyone else in that position would be better necessarily, but his ball retention needs to improve imo, just be a bit more pragmatic at times.

Oh right so you think Bruno is the sole reason we are playing the way we are?

Carry on. Its quite abundantly clear its the system, you can put the best 11 in there and we would look the same under this manager/
I was actually asking if you think Bruno was a problem as captain?

And if you've started noticing?

I agree, it's not just Bruno but as captain i really think that he affects this team on the footy field

I was actually asking if you think Bruno was a problem as captain?

And if you've started noticing?

I agree, it's not just Bruno but as captain i really think that he affects this team on the footy field

Okay, well he isnt playing the next game (EL), lets see how the captain that day does and if we play any better...

Lets see if the team playing the way it is because of the captain or the coaching

Our only good signing post-Ferguson has been sent off twice in a row, gives the ball away for fun, throws hissy fits when things don't go his way and goes down after every little bit of contact.

What an 11 years it's been!

Okay, well he isnt playing the next game (EL), lets see how the captain that day does and if we play any better...

Lets see if the team playing the way it is because of the captain or the coaching
When it does, there will be folks around here telling us, one game is not enough to judge that. No matter if it went well or badly. It is not about "lets have a look for one game", the manager should just apply basic principles in terms of "bench players, who aren't playing well". And the system alone isn't at fault for him messing up simple passes or making rash decisions. I actually don't think, it really makes sense to single him out for yesterdays match because the performance was mostly on par with anybody else but there is also no point pushing everything to the porch of the manager. Some of those things aren't ETH specific. Being too rash has even been apparent during Oles time, there weren't many talking about it because he delivered goals and assists though.

Drop him. But do not sell him. Everyone saying we should sell him has an incredibly short memory.

Lack of precision does not equal lack of effort or laziness. Bruno sets an excellent example with his fitness and workrate. He's also more vocal than he's given credit for, although it's often construed as him being whiny (god, I love body language experts on the internet. Peak humanity right there).
You're joking right, first off watch first goal by Spurs, watch his tracking back, he kind of gives a little effort and then backs right off. He does this continually. In fact to coin a phrase, success is when execution and preparation meet opportunity. I would love to see what this guy does in training.
Second if you ever played the game, a cross is kind of failure. If you don't have a pass, cannot beat someone 1v1 or can't take a shot, you put a cross in. That is the last resort for most good players, why, because at best you have a 50/50 chance of ball retention and he who controls the ball controls the game.
As far as setting an example of fitness and work rate, how are you arriving at that? What is the validation? If you are comparing Bruno to Bruno, then sure I guess he does have decent fitness for a 30 yr old and ok he has a decent work rate. The guy who had one of the best work rates, Rooney! Also Keane was very high, Giggs even into his 30's very high, RVN and that is only some United players I am quoting but the list is as long as my arm of current and previous league players whose work rate is 10X that of Bruno. Compared to those individuals, he is avg at best.
I get you like the guy, but he is what he is, an avg player. The problem being as I have mentioned prior, the expectation has dwindled over the yrs. You now consider Bruno to have a high work rate and fitness level based on the current squad, however it is avg. In fact under SAF, Bruno would probably have been sold over the summer. We paid 65 mil for him, his current value is still 65 mil, the guy is on the career downswing and has been for the last couple of yrs. Unfortunately due to poor management there is no succession planning. Players hit their peak at 23 -27, some hit earlier, some later but between 18-28 are key, after 28 they start to lose a step. Also keep in mind the players who I used as a comparison above were in their early to mid 20's when playing. If I had to use a comparison to Bruno, he reminds me of the first couple of games when Scholes came out of retirement. That is what I see with his work rate and fitness.
Lastly, he is a mentally lazy player. That is what I see with his plays, that is what I see when he gets the ball. The Crystal Palace game, after Garnacho hit the wood, he had time, he should have squared up and nailed it in the net, instead he made a lazy ass shot into the stands. Sorry he wouldn't currently make my team.

Last edited:
There are problems throughout the team that will still be there with or without Bruno, so dropping him is not going to be some magical cure-all.

But he's been pretty awful for a couple of seasons now and he's NEVER dropped. I just want to see how the team (or at least the midfield/attack) does without him for 4 or 5 games in a row but we're never going to see that with this manager.

I think it'll be really interesting to see, because i think this is the best squad we've had for a while.

I think it'll be really interesting to see, because i think this is the best squad we've had for a while.

I agree, which is annoying because all the players look crap, we cannot say any player that looks good. new players look good for a while and then crap because the way they are coached.

So many teams play such compact good football whilst not having anywhere near the talent we have. The manager has to take majority of the blame here.

Thought his first yellow was soft - but the second was a nailed on booking, even if he didn't catch him in the face.

Not sure why he's not going for the header there anyway?

I agree, which is annoying because all the players look crap, we cannot say any player that looks good. new players look good for a while and then crap because the way they are coached.

So many teams play such compact good football whilst not having anywhere near the talent we have. The manager has to take majority of the blame here.
I used to think the same, in the mourinho era with the coaching - but we've had so many coaching groups.

If you look at the other teams in the EPL you'll see top class captains, VVD for Liverpool is one of the best captains in the EPL controls the pace of that team in the game so well. .

Captains are so important for in game management.

Unless the manager is very vocal like crackhead pep.

I used to think the same, in the mourinho era with the coaching - but we've had so many coaching groups.

If you look at the other teams in the EPL you'll see top class captains, VVD for Liverpool is one of the best captains in the EPL controls the pace of that team in the game so well. .

Captains are so important for in game management.

Unless the manager is very vocal like crackhead pep.

yeah but that is also because he plays at the back and can control it. Bruno has never been that type of player.

You can game manage but if the manager continuously fails to get the best out of players, it shows there is a motivation issue.

Why do we make so many mistakes? Why is Rashford always struggling to track his runner? Why is every second ball bouncing to opponents in the box.

Why do we always concede from cut backs?

Yet when we attack, I saw no player making runs to give the man on the ball an option.

There's a middle ground between "Bruno is our biggest problem" vs "Bruno isn't a problem"

That's not a very generous range of options you've provided there :lol:

"Would you like an ice cream that contains small pieces of shit or an ice cream that is mostly shit?"

That's not a very generous range of options you've provided there :lol:

"Would you like an ice cream that contains small pieces of shit or an ice cream that is mostly shit?"

Yes, I think he is currently absolutely atrocious though, and that's the reality. To claim he's the "only problem" is ludicrous.

I'm willing to give most players a clean slate when ETH leaves, as this system is ensuring that each and every player has every single weakness exposed.

I'm willing to give most players a clean slate when ETH leaves, as this system is ensuring that each and every player has every single weakness exposed.

That's fair I think.

And also, we don't have a choice. If we were to kick out everyone who didn't perform to Fergie era standards this season, then we'd only have Onana left. Mazraoui and Amad if we're being very generous.

Last edited:
An utterly dislikeable player. Everything about him. Whiny, weak, petulant, zero leadership in him, zero self control, plays for himself. By far the worst captain United have had, worse than Maguire. Bruno as captain epitomises post Fergie United. Constantly complaining, constantly moaning to his teammates.
This is the reason I've never warmed to him since he arrived.

I have no fecking idea why he didn’t try to head that ball. His head is gone and he needs a long break.

We literally played better both games, after he got sent off. If that doesn't show how shit he's been playing then nothing will.

We literally played better both games, after he got sent off. If that doesn't show how shit he's been playing then nothing will.
Agree. Bruno in top form is a fantastic player, but right now, we have been playing better with 10 man when he is send off. Twice. That is how far away from form he has been.

We will see a better game this weekend with this guy out. I love him as a player and he has been tremendous for us but it's time to move on.

Surprised by how many in the match day thread thought the second booking was harsh - didn't make contact with his head sure but that's still a high foot and is still dangerous. You're getting a yellow for that 9 times out of 10.

If he actually did kick him in the head you're moving into red territory!

Does anyone know how many games has Bruno been captain for all the trashings we recieved under ETH or the late goals we've conceded? Would be interesting to know.

ETH is standing like a useless guy on the touchline, but the captain does nothing to calm the team down either. Instead he ramps it up and loses his head first.

There is a very good chance it will be under a different manager by then anyway, so landscape could look totally different.

He's been awful, but everyone has and when everyone is, that's a manager issue rather than player issue. He does need dropping/resting though, but whoever comes in will probably look no better.

When it does, there will be folks around here telling us, one game is not enough to judge that. No matter if it went well or badly. It is not about "lets have a look for one game", the manager should just apply basic principles in terms of "bench players, who aren't playing well". And the system alone isn't at fault for him messing up simple passes or making rash decisions. I actually don't think, it really makes sense to single him out for yesterdays match because the performance was mostly on par with anybody else but there is also no point pushing everything to the porch of the manager. Some of those things aren't ETH specific. Being too rash has even been apparent during Oles time, there weren't many talking about it because he delivered goals and assists though.
What else is supposed to happen ? If you play well and are productive then fans will tolerate a lot of things they don't like about you.
On the other hand, if you can't score nor assist but yeah, people have less tims for his bullshit. Is that something that surprising ?

Whether it was fair or not that he got sent off at the weekend, to go and get sent off again the very next game is madness. He must be dropped for a few games.