2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
We said the same with the following players who all “held us back”.

• Rooney under LvG
• Fellaini
• Lingard
• Zlatan
• Lukaku
• Pogba
• Ronaldo
• Maguire

Yet every time one is replaced, we don’t suddenly become a top side.

if only it was ever that simple.

Love this.

• Rooney under LvG
Dropped too deep, lost his recovery pace and that chip to the left post killed it.
• Fellaini
Actually very good in the middle, not a 10
• Lingard
It's just inconsistent.
• Zlatan
to old, but a good player - personally, wise, brilliant.
• Lukaku
Poor first touch looked terrible after more than fifteen minutes (good player)
• Pogba
Defensively, very poor.
• Ronaldo
First time horrible across the horrible crossing the ball, it was like waiting for the 250 buss, not too bad the second time - pressing couldn’t work with him
• Maguire
The turning circle of the 250 buss, mentality, he's a monster..

Love this.

• Rooney under LvG
Dropped too deep, lost his recovery pace and that chip to the left post killed it.
• Fellaini
Actually very good in the middle, not a 10
• Lingard
It's just inconsistent.
• Zlatan
to old, but a good player - personally, wise, brilliant.
• Lukaku
Poor first touch looked terrible after more than fifteen minutes (good player)
• Pogba
Defensively, very poor.
• Ronaldo
First time horrible across the horrible crossing the ball, it was like waiting for the 250 buss, not too bad the second time - pressing couldn’t work with him
• Maguire
The turning circle of the 250 buss, mentality, he's a monster..

Exactly, and how did we suddenly improve after each one leaving?

We didn’t, because for one player to have such an effect you’d have to be suggesting the manager is getting everything else right, that he’s actually doing a great job but this one player and his loyalty to him is fecking him over.

If you look at this team and think ETH’s has it right, aside from Bruno… I don’t honestly know how to respond to you.

Captain shit. Once again poor performance, did feck all. First half was somewhat Ok, but second half was a Disaster coupled with a red card. Needs to be benched

The chaos?

Are you kidding me? Pundits have done 30 minute long in depth analysis into his stupid shite of playing Dalot at full back/centre mid, with full backs who never overlap, with a midfield that is so open we get cut open by one ball all the fecking time.
If you honestly believe that replacing one player solves that absolute clusterfeck we’ve seen for 16 months, you’re absolutely out of your mind.

Were you also one of those convinced we’d be brilliant without Pogba and then without Ronaldo holding us back?

This is miles bigger than a one man problem.
So dalot moving into the middle is a problem?

I don't see it as a problem, we have to do that to push the other midfielder on.. why do you think we need to do that?

Exactly, and how did we suddenly improve after each one leaving?

We didn’t, because for one player to have such an effect you’d have to be suggesting the manager is getting everything else right, that he’s actually doing a great job but this one player and his loyalty to him is fecking him over.

If you look at this team and think ETH’s has it right, aside from Bruno… I don’t honestly know how to respond to you.
You missed one... you'll need this for the delot comments.

Why is rashford so poor without Shaw?

Oh this is getting better and better, at least most obnoxious moaning mf in recent history deserved that contract, worth every penny.

Not sure what to write.

Both crucial and one of the more annoying players in our squad, imo. Does my only remaining nut in when he's moaning at other players, because it's usually him moaning like a tit rather than having a proper go at them for being shit. I think his overall attitude is a shitshow when we're struggling.

We? As in "told you so" tag team?
I phrase my takes usually in a way that doesn't make for good gotcha-moments but I'll ensure you, I'll be here and ready once you think the time is right.

Btw - totally with you, this "told you so" internet point scoring is boring as feck but it is happening all over this place. With positivity-posters and anti-hate activists all up in arms as well.

Really, no.

What would you do? Transfer window is closed. With this team what would you do?

I'd drop Bruno. And play mainoo there.
I don't mind Bruno being dropped for bad performance. Playing Mainoo. I don't know. Seems like quite different roles.

So dalot moving into the middle is a problem?

I don't see it as a problem, we have to do that to push the other midfielder on.. why do you think we need to do that?

We got caught on our left side all night, last weekend Dalot got caught out of position for two Spurs goals…

Yeah it’s not a problem, nothing to see here.

Here’s a question? Aside from Bruno, do you think Ten Hag is getting the other stuff right?
Do you honestly think that when he finally drops Bruno, his masterplan starts to make perfect sense and we become a top side ?

I phrase my takes usually in a way that doesn't make for good gotcha-moments but I'll ensure you, I'll be here and ready once you think the time is right.

Btw - totally with you, this "told you so" internet point scoring is boring as feck but it is happening all over this place. With positivity-posters and anti-hate activists all up in arms as well.
"In the mud" posters you mean

We got caught on our left side all night, last weekend Dalot got caught out of position for two Spurs goals…

Yeah it’s not a problem, nothing to see here.

Here’s a question? Aside from Bruno, do you think Ten Hag is getting the other stuff right?
Do you honestly think that when he finally drops Bruno, his masterplan starts to make perfect sense and we become a top side ?
So running past four players for the first is great, yes he should of tracked johnson.

The other goal vs spurs wasn't on him (dalot)

Tonight it's Martinez fault, becuase he should be in front of the scorer.

"Do you honestly think that when he finally drops Bruno, his masterplan starts to make perfect sense and we become a top side ?"

I don't know, but I'd love to see it.

And that's it, I'm a utd fan, one day again I won't even think of winning the league.

His demeanour on the pitch, his pissy toddler tantrums when his teammates lose the ball combined with his lack of a shit at giving the ball away himself, his diving and feigning injury. Can't stand him, worst captain we've ever had.

His offensive performance is not good enough.

Play Eriksen in place of Bruno and 2 defensive minded midfielders, and no FB as inverted CM bs, and we instantly become a way better team. Give it a few games and we will start scoring as well. At least we wont concede.

At this moment, he is a liability in current setup. Being carried by others

Can't stand him, worst captain we've ever had.

Yet you claimed the same with Maguire and were desperate for Bruno to get the gig, even stating that he WAS the captain even when Maguire has the armband because a strip of fabric doesn’t change that.
Just confirms to me that fans will continue to hate every captain here until we’re successful.

His demeanour on the pitch, his pissy toddler tantrums when his teammates lose the ball combined with his lack of a shit at giving the ball away himself, his diving and feigning injury. Can't stand him, worst captain we've ever had.
Surprisingly, opinions can change with time and evidence and circumstances.

He's wank.

He was my favorite player by a stretch but last season and this one is making it really hard to defend him. His attitude stinks, his tantrums being a captain combined with the shit performances. It's all poor at the moment.

Surprisingly, opinions can change with time and evidence and circumstances.

He's wank.

Absolutely and of course they should change and develop, but I’m also certain you’d be absolutely slating your pick last season to take over (Martinez) for his absolute shit shows this year. Two years ago we’d likely all have picked Casemiro.

And you’ll continue thinking every captain is utter shite until we are successful again.

Have said for a while the best thing we could do as far as recruitment goes is to replace Bruno and Rashford.

But some people are terrified by the idea of letting go of our so-called "star" players

Have said for a while the best thing we could do as far as recruitment goes is to replace Bruno and Rashford.

But some people are terrified by the idea of letting go of our so-called "star" players
Some people bump McTominay/Maguire threads. Its not only about star players

He is not our problem, but he is not our solution.

He is part of it, just like Erik is. I don't think everything will become glorious as soon as there's a new manager in the door. I still think the culture is rotten at the club. Not because of unprofessional individuals, as maybe was the case for the last 5-6 years. Listening to the Stick to Football pod they talk about how it was a dressing room of winners and then Cantona comes in and leads by example, always doing individual training too which inspired the younger players. I just don't think we've had a healthy culture for years and that was absolutely highlighted when the supposed star player was trying to pressure the club into giving him a new contract even though he had three years to run on his deal and had been playing good for 2 months in an average side. And he got the deal. There are no consequences to playing badly, to entitled attitudes, and there are no positive reactions out on the pitch when we're up against it. One manager won't change that by themselves, but I think it's safe to say Erik definitely can't be a big part of that solution.

What an absolute fraud of a footballer. The day he leaves will be worthy of a celebration. Footballing criminal.

He needs to go, alongside Rashford and Casemiro. We need to ship them away in Jan and that will free about 1 million a week in wages. We can rebuild from there

I always liked him in the national team but even there he has been underwhelming.

Don’t know if it’s bad form or what but he is a shadow of the player he once was.

The fact that he is such a whiny bitch and has such a punchable face doesn’t help.