Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Got his assist but I thought he played poorly. Really needs to pick it up across 90 mins.

He’s been totally shite so far this season. I say this as someone who loves Bruno and hope he turns it around. When he plays well we do well.
Similar feelings here. Love Bruno, but today he was certifiably horrible :(

I honestly think Bruno is our biggest issue at the moment and if we are really serious about trying to move forward with a young team we should start to rotate him out of the first 11, he’s on the decline and it’s clear to see.

If De Ligt continues to play well I’d look at giving him the captaincy.

The amount of times we played some lovely one touch stuff between Amad, Zirkzee, Mainoo and Erikson, and then it comes to Bruno and he either slows it down and gets it taken off him in possession or tried to spam a worldie pass and gave it away. I’d love to replace him with Wirtz next season but obviously that’s never going to happen

He's got to be the most confusing player in the league. If the ball and play is in front of him, he's up there with the very best creators that have ever graced the prem. If he's receiving it in traffic, has to run with it or has to hold off a defender he looks worse than a pub player.

Thought he was pretty dreadful today, though it's worth noting Atwell decided shirt pulling was perfectly legit for Southampton in all challenges, which Bruno can't deal with (neither could Mainoo to be fair).

He's got to be the most confusing player in the league. If the ball and play is in front of him, he's up there with the very best creators that have ever graced the prem. If he's receiving it in traffic, has to run with it or has to hold off a defender he looks worse than a pub player.

Thought he was pretty dreadful today, though it's worth noting Atwell decided shirt pulling was perfectly legit for Southampton in all challenges, which Bruno can't deal with (neither could Mainoo to be fair).
Honestly the referees standard of what a foul was at times proper confused me.

Hopefully we rotate him out more often this season. He's getting older and his performance levels really need the rest now. Not good today, but also we have lots of options and he obviously hurts us balance wise. Would be interested to see a 442 with what we have now to be honest, which obviously means he's rotating with Zirkzee as the deeper of the 2 CFs to play alongside Hojlund (or Rashford at that point).

I honestly think Bruno is our biggest issue at the moment and if we are really serious about trying to move forward with a young team we should start to rotate him out of the first 11, he’s on the decline and it’s clear to see.

If De Ligt continues to play well I’d look at giving him the captaincy.

He’s not on the decline, he’s at his physical peak, he’s always been like this - from frustrating to amazing within 1 minute - that’s just the player he is.

Hopefully we rotate him out more often this season. He's getting older and his performance levels really need the rest now. Not good today, but also we have lots of options and he obviously hurts us balance wise. Would be interested to see a 442 with what we have now to be honest, which obviously means he's rotating with Zirkzee as the deeper of the 2 CFs to play alongside Hojlund (or Rashford at that point).
Nur sure that works with Amad and Rashford... Maybe when one is exchanged with Anthony.

Should start rotating him out especially in League cup games. He is bad

:lol:

Imagine using "had more shots" as a way to showcase he's played well, when all his efforts were embarassing. I'm so tired of people using cherry picked stats to tell me Bruno is doing well, when the eye test reveals to anyone who's watched the game he's been awful

He’s not on the decline, he’s at his physical peak, he’s always been like this - from frustrating to amazing within 1 minute - that’s just the player he is.
But his peaks are fewer and far between, I think he’s on decline, if this is his physical peak then we should sell him.

Bruno has an awful lot of credit in bank to allow him a few off days. However, I have seen enough of Zirkzee to think that when Hojland is back, there are opportunities for Bruno to have some rest as towards the end of season he is gassed.

Bruno has an awful lot of credit in bank to allow him a few off days. However, I have seen enough of Zirkzee to think that when Hojland is back, there are opportunities for Bruno to have some rest as towards the end of season he is gassed.
Living off credit from his first 2.5 years here increasingly as his general floor has been shocking since the start of Ole's final season

What's confusing about it? What you're describing is a limited player. Someone who excels at one specific type of play and often fails at the large multitude of basic skills a good footballer should possess.

The ref was crap but Bruno does not have the temperament or mentality I want from a captain. He could easily have gotten a second yellow for bumping into the ref while protesting his first one.

:lol:

Imagine using "had more shots" as a way to showcase he's played well, when all his efforts were embarassing. I'm so tired of people using cherry picked stats to tell me Bruno is doing well, when the eye test reveals to anyone who's watched the game he's been awful
Did your eye fail to see the assist for the first goal? Also that he's been the best chance creator in Europe since he joined us?

Did your eye fail to see the assist for the first goal? Also that he's been the best chance creator in Europe since he joined us?
Oh dear. Any freekick/corner he takes adds up to the “chance created” nonsense. Watch the game ffs.

Oh dear. Any freekick/corner he takes adds up to the “chance created” nonsense. Watch the game ffs.
It doesn't though, does it? Unless the corner or free kick he takes...creates a chance?

Surely you can't really believe it's as simple as 'players top chance creation lists because they take set pieces', right?

Very good cross for the opener and trash for the rest of the match. Remains a moments player. We need to get rid if we're to be a better team.

It doesn't though, does it? Unless the corner or free kick he takes...creates a chance?

Surely you can't really believe it's as simple as 'players top chance creation lists because they take set pieces', right?
As I understand it, if we are enjoying decent possession and the team is passing it around, if Bruno spams a ball into the box anywhere near a player it’s a chance created. Even if it was a horrible waste of possession. I’ve watched games where we have been very poor, Bruno has given the ball away cheaply many times and still tops the chances created stat.

He got off to a poor start last season too and it took him a while to get going.

Hopefully plays better next game.

if we had a final today, he’d be the first name on the team sheet.

But over the course of a season, his inconsistency kinda hurts the team. We are built around him but he really isn’t doing enough to justify that role.

I'm hoping that at some point this season, ETH realises that it's best if Bruno and Eriksen rotate the advanced midfield position.

Bruno has lost his shooting boots and that’s coming across with his confidence levels.
When he scores again he’ll be back to being one of the best in the league.

He is becoming more and more frustrating, also what happened to his shooting because it feels like for club level it's gotten so bad.

He was very frustrating v southampton making many wrong decisions when on the ball. It feels like he doesnt have faith in his team mates and takes on shots instead of looking for options.

He has the capabilities to see and execute so its a bit of a dilemma to make sense of his decisions at times.
It felt like he gave rhe ball away a lot and was trying to hard to score.

The ball in for the first goal was quality, there is no denying it but on the other hand I think another player may have got a couple of assists in this game

As I understand it, if we are enjoying decent possession and the team is passing it around, if Bruno spams a ball into the box anywhere near a player it’s a chance created. Even if it was a horrible waste of possession. I’ve watched games where we have been very poor, Bruno has given the ball away cheaply many times and still tops the chances created stat.
Nope. Chances Created
Chances Created are defined by Opta as Key Passes plus Assists. A player will be credited with a Chance Created if they play the final pass leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal (Key Pass), or if they are or are credited with an Assist or a Fantasy Assist. Where the final pass prior to a shot is blocked or deflected, this will not be credited as a Key Pass for the purposes of Chances Created.

Only in Ten Hags head. We have plenty of other options and don't need to play him really, especially with how Amad is playing as wide playmaker now.