Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So its fine for me to lose my job and home because I can always get one back in England? Is that what you're saying?

Yes. Get back to mother England, pleb.
Lose the attitude it’s just a question. Only trying to understand why some people are so dogmatic about it from either side

You question was just very, very dumb. There’s surely jobs for me in New Zealand as well. I still don’t want to leave my friends, home and family if I don’t have to.

Lose the attitude it’s just a question. Only trying to understand why some people are so dogmatic about it from either side

Well shucks yeah, when you put it like that why should anyone get upset about potentially losing their home and job when they can just move to a different country and get a new one?

For fecks sake the state of that post..

Well shucks yeah, when you put it like that why should anyone get upset about potentially losing their home and job when they can just move to a different country and get a new one?

For fecks sake the state of that post..

Was wondering whether you moved away for work or were just posted abroad for the time being.

I’ve moved away due to lack of work before. It’s less than ideal that’s for sure

Was wondering whether you moved away for work or were just posted abroad for the time being.

I’ve moved away due to lack of work before. It’s less than ideal that’s for sure

Sorry for snapping, this subject just gets me really pissy. Nah I moved for a great job and because I wanted to be in France.

The cabinet has agreed to demand a bespoke deal from the EU in the first meeting it has had devoted to a proper discussion of what Brexit outcome it wants.

There are so many things wrong with this headline but it is an accurate summary of how farcical the whole thing is.
I understand that the government is useless and incompetent, but I genuinely don't understand how we could get so far down the line before this is actually discussed.
I assumed (or hoped) they'd just had infomal meetings which weren't minuted and it was just semantics.
But after Davis admitted he lied and just couldn't be arsed to do the impact assessments, it seems they really have just done nothing.
Did a cabinet member just one day pipe up in a meeting and say 'oh crap, we still haven't discussed that Brexit stuff yet, maybe next week'?
My god. Take back control.
Penises have caused rape.

Dear god the sectoral analysis papers are embarrassing.

I just looked at the asset management one since its relevant to me. It's 5 pages of large spread out text and contains nothing of value or no analysis. It's astonishing

I understand that the government is useless and incompetent, but I genuinely don't understand how we could get so far down the line before this is actually discussed.
I assumed (or hoped) they'd just had infomal meetings which weren't minuted and it was just semantics.
But after Davis admitted he lied and just couldn't be arsed to do the impact assessments, it seems they really have just done nothing.
Did a cabinet member just one day pipe up in a meeting and say 'oh crap, we still haven't discussed that Brexit stuff yet, maybe next week'?
My god. Take back control.
Penises have caused rape.

Any government would find this a massive challenge because what they want to do is just about impossible. This government is easily the worst government in my lifetime and haven't a hope.
They have to keep the border open , they have to stay in the single market not only for trading but the City, however, if they hint this at the Brexiters the hardliners and the press start jumping up and down.

Businesses and the City must be very close to making some big decisions. What could be even worse is that these decisions are taken and in the end the UK stays in the EU in all but name.
Which businesses would trust this government to deliver anything. The EU don't trust them and why should other countries around the world. How low can they drag the UK down?
Problem is Corbyn is the opposition, the devil and the deep blue sea.

I just looked at the asset management one since its relevant to me. It's 5 pages of large spread out text and contains nothing of value or no analysis. It's astonishing

I just read the one about the Maritime and Ports.
Did someone ask a schoolboy to write a 13 page essay about some aspects of shipping?

Not one word about any impact of leaving the EU - surely this can't be happening.

Any government would find this a massive challenge because what they want to do is just about impossible. This government is easily the worst government in my lifetime and haven't a hope.
They have to keep the border open , they have to stay in the single market not only for trading but the City, however, if they hint this at the Brexiters the hardliners and the press start jumping up and down.

Businesses and the City must be very close to making some big decisions. What could be even worse is that these decisions are taken and in the end the UK stays in the EU in all but name.
Which businesses would trust this government to deliver anything. The EU don't trust them and why should other countries around the world. How low can they drag the UK down?
Their mandate is impossible, agreed, but the cackhanded way they've gone about it, not to mention riling the EU and member states along the way is what is most galling.

Did someone ask a schoolboy to write a 13 page essay about some aspects of shipping?

Not one word about any impact of leaving the EU - surely this can't be happening.

I can see why they didn't want them released but couldn't they have done something since the first request to at least make it look like they did their job. Even from a purely documentation standards perspective its horrendous.

They'll be saying they don't trust or see the value in words next.

I haven't had a chance to have a look yet. Does it even mention passporting?

Read the same thing for the same reason.
My boss had a similar word for it...
"Useless".

I haven't had a chance to have a look yet. Does it even mention passporting?

Only in the dictionary sense, its all just descriptive. A few sentences what management passport is, a few on UCITS, MiFiD etc.

If you did a quick google you'd glance at more information.

If i was being extemely kind id say maybe maybe they'd qualify as a terms of reference.

I said it earlier but these things exists and are already out there which tells you how inept your government is, they can't even cheat and steal someone else's job.

https://www.britishmarine.co.uk/News/2017/November/British-Marine-latest-update-on-Brexit

Only in the dictionary sense, its all just descriptive. A few sentences what management passport is, a few on UCITS, MiFiD etc.

If you did a quick google you'd glance at more information.

If i was being extemely kind id say maybe maybe they'd qualify as a terms of reference.
But nothing on how many jobs we might lose to Dublin, Lux or wherever or impact of this on tax receipts etc...I'm guessing?

Their mandate is impossible, agreed, but the cackhanded way they've gone about it, not to mention riling the EU and member states along the way is what is most galling.

It's almost as if they've given up trying to make a decent stab at doing a reasonable job, they seem to be at the point of just saying anything to keep the wolves from the door. What I really don't understand is how they get away with it.

I can see why they didn't want them released but couldn't they have done something since the first request to at least make it look like they did their job. Even from a purely documentation standards perspective its horrendous.

They'll be saying they don't trust or see the value in words next.

It is pure negligence.

I said it earlier but these things exists and are already out there which tells you how inept your government is, they can't even cheat and steal someone else's job.

https://www.britishmarine.co.uk/News/2017/November/British-Marine-latest-update-on-Brexit

Quite, but please do not call them my government;)

Quite, but please do not call them my government;)

You are british and a tory, it's your government.:p

But on a more serious note, the assessments are done and published by entrepreneur federations and associations, it's done in the UK and abroad. So it's perplexing to see a government naive enough to think that they can dodge it, at some point decent journalists will bypass the government and just use the multiple sources that are available and the public will know what the professionals already know.

You are british and a tory, it's your government.:p

But on a more serious note, the assessments are done and published by entrepreneur federations and associations, it's done in the UK and abroad. So it's perplexing to see a government naive enough to think that they can dodge it, at some point decent journalists will bypass the government and just use the multiple sources that are available and the public will know what the professionals already know.

I didn't vote this rabble in :p

Yes, assessments are being done continuously and the professionals are certainly not waiting or relying on some government reports. The public had plenty of information available prior to the vote to inform them of what was at stake, but was by and large ignored as will any information available now or later.

The truth and reality are irrelevant. I was talking to some Brits the other day who voted Brexit, apparently the UK have already concluded a deal with the USA and Germany are also about to leave the EU. It's part of a new book coming out, Theresa in Blunderland.

It’s a massive (impossible) challenge because May tacked so hard to the right at the start of her premiership and implicitly signed up to the “have cake and eat it” position. If she had shown leadership and engaged in honest dialogue with the wider country at that time, she wouldn’t be so busy trying to square circles.

So its fine for me to lose my job and home because I can always get one back in England? Is that what you're saying?
Why would you lose your job in france cos.of brexit? I've just lost mune in Holland not.cos of brexit. I spose if i lose my home at the end of.the day i could try blaming brexit.

Its capitalist greed that has cost my job and hundreds in the company over the years. I wish i could blame brexit but that would just be silly cos its not true.

Why would you lose your job in france cos.of brexit? I've just lost mune in Holland not.cos of brexit. I spose if i lose my home at the end of.the day i could try blaming brexit.

Its capitalist greed that has cost my job and hundreds in the company over the years. I wish i could blame brexit but that would just be silly cos its not true.

If he hasn't been there long enough for post Brexit employment he can lose his job due to Brexit.

I used to laugh at the people that had blue passport covers, but I'm definitely getting a maroon one.

Are you allowed to reject blue passports and keep the current colour? You see, I'm a traitor, saboteur, remoaner, against the will of the people and all that jazz, so I'm not up for carrying one of those.

When a company wants you, they will keep you using any means they can. I'm afraid that's the bottom line and why around 40% of my colleagues are non eu passport holders.

That simply isn't true. I have just had to let a great employee go as he isn't an Australian citizen and was on on a limited time visa. The UK is going to have to get used to that sort of thing.

Personally, I want a blue, white and red that plays "La marseillaise" when you open it.