Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is bizarre that anyone can think Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster with zero benefits and huge negative impacts, just as was predicted by the reman campaign. Leave was just outright lies and obvious lies at that. Now the Uk will have to suck it up until they eventually come crawling back to the EU, who will be well within their rights to want nothing to do with a nation that left and caused everyone so much grief.

• Trade" Billions per year pissed away. Somewhere between 7.4 and 13.2% of all trade, so a much bigger percentage of trade with the EU.
  • Migration up and the sort of migration people hate even more than mainly white EU citizens legally working here.
  • Economy: £140 billion smaller
    Far from the NHS getting multiple millions per day more the system continues the gutting process Cameron started (imagine fecking a dead pig's head only being the third worst thing you will be remembered for?).
  • Freedom of movement within the EU gone. Those who don't travel = no difference. Those who do and/or want to work or live in the EU = fecked or need to break/reduce their connection to the UK, often at great cost.
  • Employment: 2 million jobs lost or not created
  • Personal income: A £2000 per person pa loss so far on average. £3,200 on average in London.
  • New trade deals: not many as our bargaining power is hugely diminished and those that have happened are on hugely disadvantaged terms e.g. Australia and are a miniscule percentage of what we lost by leaving the EU
  • Fishing rights: gained little, lost lots.
    Small business exports: fecked
  • Attractiveness to international business: hugely reduced and that will have a massive and ongoing impact to the UK economy which will reduce almost everyone's standard of living in various ways - directly and indirectly.\
  • Importance as a world power: reduced even further.
  • Nigel Farage
And that is just scratching the surface.

Benefits:
  • Ability to say you are English without getting locked up. These days.
  • Erm, land of hope and glory or something.

Last edited:

M16Red

It is bizarre that anyone can think Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster with zero benefits and huge negative impacts, just as was predicted by the reman campaign. Leave was just outright lies and obvious lies at that. Now the Uk will have to suck it up until they eventually come crawling back to the EU who would be well within their rights to want nothing to do with a nation that left and caused everyone so much grief.

• Trade" Billions per year pissed away. Somewhere between 7.4 and 13.2% of all trade, so a much bigger percentage of trade with the EU.
  • Migration up and the sort of migration people hate even more than mainly white EU citizens legally working here.
    Far from the NHS getting multiple millions per day more the system continues the gutting process Cameron started (imagine fecking a dead pig's head only being the third worst thing you will be remembered for?).
  • Freedom of movement within the EU gone. Those who don't travel = no difference. Those who do and/or want to work or live in the EU = fecked or need to break/reduce their connection to the UK, often at great cost.
  • Personal income: A £2000 per person pa loss so far on average. £3,200 on average in London.
  • New trade deals: not many as our bargaining power is hugely diminished and those that have happened are on hugely disadvantaged terms e.g. Australia and are a miniscule percentage of what we lost by leaving the EU
  • Attractiveness to international business: hugely reduced and that will have a massive and ongoing impact to the UK economy which will reduce almost everyone's standard of living in various ways - directly and indirectly.\
  • Nigel Farage

Benefits:
Boring didn't read...

Boooo, vote for right wing? Nah feck that..be who you are and love all people.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
The last page feels like a fever dream. I can't even understand some of the sentences.

From my understanding:
-You generally don't need to care about things to talk about them on the internet. It's kind of the basis for discussion forums.
-Having said that, @Paul the Wolf has given good reasons to care.
-We don't need to look for circunstancial personal anecdotes regarding the success of Brexit anymore, as data is available for all of us to see.
-There's a think called Godwin's law that kind of applies to the recent argument.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So why cherp up, if you've got nothing too add? If @Paul the Wolf and i, was having this talk in the tollgate. You won't step in, talk shite.
a) only one of is talking nonsense
b) this is the Caf (a discussion forum) and the argument that violence may ensue for pointing out nonsense if you encountered me elsewhere is truly bizarre. BTW Hull is the traditional location for this sort of internet hardman nonsense.
c) you don't get who does and doesn't reply to your posts (obviously)
d) I was directly responding to your request that I looked for some context where your your glass houses comment may apply, and that appears as mythical as Brexit benefits. Weird that you ask for a response and then get shitty when you get one that you seemingly can't answer/don't like.

You are having a mare in this this thread.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Boring didn't read...

Boooo, vote for right wing? Nah feck that..be who you are and love all people.
Sounds like you are very much part of the problem in the UK. The nation is getting reamed and you can't be bothered to think about it.

I don't think you get the point of a discussion forum. Or are just not liking backing up anything you say with actual points.

And what does you second sentence even mean?

M16Red

a) only one of is talking nonsense
b) this is the Caf (a discussion forum) and the argument that violence may ensue for pointing out nonsense if you encountered me elsewhere is truly bizarre. BTW Hull is the traditional location for this sort of internet hardman nonsense.
c) you don't get who does and doesn't reply to your posts (obviously)
d) I was directly responding to your request that I looked for some context where your your glass houses comment may apply, and that appears as mythical as Brexit benefits. Weird that you ask for a response and then get shitty when you get one that you seemingly can't answer/don't like.

You are having a mare in this this thread.
No Hull is just under privileged. I said the the tollgate because that is my local and I was being lazy!

I'm not hard at all, I can take a punch or three, I don't mean it in a threatening way just was having a discussion with Paul and in no way was it meant threatening.

Yes, I believe that Europe is going right wing

Yes, I believe that greatest power is our people in all walks of life

And yes I'm dyslexic from hulme with zero GCSCS, but will I give up... you can feck right off.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No Hull is just under privileged. I said the the tollgate because that is my local and I was being lazy!
Hull is an old Caf joke. Maybe before your time.

I'm not hard at all, I can take a punch or three, I don't mean it in a threatening way just was having a discussion with Paul and in no way was it meant threatening.
Fair enough but when you say "You wouldn't say that to me in the pub" it does usually mean something else.

And yes I'm dyslexic from hulme with zero GCSCS, but will I give up... you can feck right off.
What has any of that got to do with anything? I wasn't having a go at your spelling, or writing, or your background, or your levels of formal education. If you join a discussion on a discussion forum you have to expect discussion.

M16Red

Hull is an old Caf joke. Maybe before your time.

Fair enough but when you say "You wouldn't say that to me in the pub" it does usually mean something else.

What has any of that got to do with anything? I wasn't having a go at your spelling, or writing, or your background, or your levels of formal education. If you join a discussion on a discussion forum you have to expect discussion.
Well, you was the one who stepped in and all was I saying I'd that you wouldn't, have if I was talking in person, this has nothing to do with you.

I find it rude, I wasn't being horrible to Paul in fact the reason I asked him was because he is an ex pat, yet here you are - chatting broken biscuits? Taking us back to bullet points on why sh*t has gone wrong. Okay life is bad.. but where I'm from is it feck all.

I'm just an positive chap trying to see the light in this, I'm sorry for going defensive that is not who I am anymore, the old me came out a bit there. Sorry for that

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Well, you was the one who stepped in and all was I saying I'd that you wouldn't, have if I was talking in person, this has nothing to do with you.

I find it rude, I wasn't being horrible to Paul in fact the reason I asked him was because he is an ex pat, yet here you are - chatting broken biscuits? Taking us back to bullet points on why sh*t has gone wrong. Okay life is bad.. but where I'm from is it feck all.

I'm just an positive chap trying to see the light in this, I'm sorry for going defensive that is not who I am anymore, the old me came out a bit there. Sorry for that
A discussion forum is not a private conversation. And I like him am a Brit living overseas who hates what Brexit has done.

And examining what has predicably gone wrong vs what has gone well (nothing) is exactly what is needed. Simply avoiding thinking about it is exactly Britain's problem at the moment. It is a shit show and nobody is holding the politicians to task about doing the obvious i.e. seeking to reenter the EU as soon as possible, and so many are just carrying on as if everything is OK. And it really isn't. Denial? Passivity? Laziness? Defeated? Or all of the above? I don't know but it is depressing.

And positivity is a fantastic quality as people are often far too negative about everything (which is tiresome and unnecessary) but when something is wrong on this sort of scale it really needs to be pointed out as otherwise nothing will be done about it. It breaks my heart to see the UK reduced to this, as the country is a pale shadow of what it could and should be.

Last edited:

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
When grammar nazis attack dyslexic person, when they have nothing left. . .
First they come for the dyslexics and said nothing

Then they came for our danish beacons and dutch sauces

Then for our brexit and said nothing

Gerronwithit!!!

redshaw

Perhaps the question is why don't we care as much or more than Paul.

Why is the EU and it's rules so vaguely understood by even politicians and the people that wrote the Labour manifesto for Corbyn and all misunderstandings on choosing the customs union, leaving FoM, the four freedoms.

Membership was cheap, it was better to be in than out. UK had a strong position within and cutting off trade with your neighbours makes no sense. With the climate concerns it makes it even more necessary to trade easily locally. Dissatisfied people had the chance to leave, now you don't.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Perhaps the question is why don't we care as much or more than Paul.

Why is the EU and it's rules so vaguely understood by even politicians and the people that wrote the Labour manifesto for Corbyn and all misunderstandings on choosing the customs union, leaving FoM, the four freedoms.

Membership was cheap, it was better to be in than out. UK had a strong position within and cutting off trade with your neighbours makes no sense. With the climate concerns it makes it even more necessary to trade easily locally. Dissatisfied people had the chance to leave, now you don't.
Not only that, the UK had several exceptions when it was in the EU in border control, no euro adoption, certain EU labour rights that were not applied to the UK, other judicial and legislation exceptions and also the agriculture rebate

If the UK ever try to enter the EU most or all of this perks will not be there

MoskvaRed

It is bizarre that anyone can think Brexit has been an unmitigated disaster with zero benefits and huge negative impacts, just as was predicted by the reman campaign. Leave was just outright lies and obvious lies at that. Now the Uk will have to suck it up until they eventually come crawling back to the EU, who will be well within their rights to want nothing to do with a nation that left and caused everyone so much grief.

• Nigel Farage

Benefits:
I’d also add (as negatives, obviously) the inestimable opportunity cost in both the public and private sector of devoting so much effort to trying to patch together again something that worked fine and was then wilfully smashed up. Soft power also took a big hit, including the creative sector (for example, there is now a huge amount of red tape for bands touring EU countries which is disproportionately expensive unless they are arena or stadium level acts).

As for positives, the fact neither the Tories nor Farage mention the benefits of their flagship policy in 2019 tells you everything you need to know. It made some multi-millionaires and billionaires a bit richer though, which I’m sure gives us all a warm glow.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I’d also add (as negatives, obviously) the inestimable opportunity cost in both the public and private sector of devoting so much effort to trying to patch together again something that worked fine and was then wilfully smashed up. Soft power also took a big hit, including the creative sector (for example, there is now a huge amount of red tape for bands touring EU countries which is disproportionately expensive unless they are arena or stadium level acts).

As for positives, the fact neither the Tories nor Farage mention the benefits of their flagship policy in 2019 tells you everything you need to know. It made some multi-millionaires and billionaires a bit richer though, which I’m sure gives us all a warm glow.

https://www.newsweek.com/iron-maide...bout-resulting-eu-travel-restrictions-1604878

The exceptionalism of some people of what affects them and cherry pick of what work for them:

" "It's very well known that I voted Brexit, but the idea is that after you've done it, you then go in and be sensible about the relationships you have with people"
sensible...what about being sensible with families that had been torn apart? what about being sensible with farmers and fishermen, what about sensible with people that wants to study and work abroad?

But yes, let make an exception for what you want to be working. So much Schadenfreude.

MoskvaRed

https://www.newsweek.com/iron-maide...bout-resulting-eu-travel-restrictions-1604878

The exceptionalism of some people of what affects them and cherry pick of what work for them:

sensible...what about being sensible with families that had been torn apart? what about being sensible with farmers and fishermen, what about sensible with people that wants to study and work abroad?

But yes, let make an exception for what you want to be working. So much Schadenfreude.
Surely Iron Maiden are big enough to pay someone to manage all that stuff anyway? Elton John and Feargal Sharkey in particular have done a gone job in explaining this problem but were met with asinine comments like “but the Beatles managed to play Hamburg in the early 60s so what’s the problem?”.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Surely Iron Maiden are big enough to pay someone to manage all that stuff anyway? Elton John and Feargal Sharkey in particular have done a gone job in explaining this problem but were met with asinine comments like “but the Beatles managed to play Hamburg in the early 60s so what’s the problem?”.
I understand complaining that Brexit put hurdles, specially the ones that voted against. But even so if you voted leave, you can recognize it was a feck up, even because it affects you. But asking for "sensible measures"? did he think about sensitivity when he definitely knew that was about to feck over millions of people brit or not brit? I dont think so. Now eat shit dickinson

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

European bands now have to jump through admin and tax hoops to tour there. Mostly not worth it.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
European bands now have to jump through admin and tax hoops to tour there. Mostly not worth it.
It all depends on size. Big bands and singers no problem. The shitty size band that you could go touring with your shitty van through the eurotunnel, is not possible anymore capping possible new good music and maybe the need to give up when you might be actually good

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It all depends on size. Big bands and singers no problem. The shitty size band that you could go touring with your shitty van through the eurotunnel, is not possible anymore capping possible new good music and maybe the need to give up when you might be actually good

It's a bit more than just very small bands. Mid size Irish acts are making very little touring the UK at the moment. Fees are down and admin and costs are up.

Requests for grants from Culture Ireland are helping most bands do it.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's a bit more than just very small bands. Mid size Irish acts are making very little touring the UK at the moment. Fees are down and admin and costs are up.

Requests for grants from Culture Ireland are helping most bands do it.
Sure, there is a treshold that worth it or not and it affects the lower tier, whichever is the line

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Let’s be honest, if we were out of the EU, and banking regulations were tougher under Uk Parliamentary laws than European law, Farage et al would be demonising our Government in order to get in. Telling the public that the EU was anti-British, should be more respectful for us wiNniG tHe WoR for them, and campaigning to join the block with Veto power and special membership and access to a cheap and accessible workforce.

It’s all a game to them.