Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Difficult for me to articulate how much I hate hypocritical twats like this who've led us down this terrible path.
I'd use him as a crash test dummy in the new Land Rover and test the power of the new Dyson cleaner by seeing if it will suck out his rectum if you stick it up his arse.
These dishonest, arrogant enablers should at least be stripped of their knighthoods.

brexit wankers
I got the same message, I often buy from Amazon UK for delivery in Italy. Amazon Italia doesn't have as good a range of things.

It's all very depressing, plus the pound and the euro are virtually the same value now. Ah well, it's better living in Italy than in England, that's for sure.

I'd use him as a crash test dummy in the new Land Rover and test the power of the new Dyson cleaner by seeing if it will suck out his rectum if you stick it up his arse.
These dishonest, arrogant enablers should at least be stripped of their knighthoods.

You have to appreciate the audacity though. Painting the EU has a bad thing for your country and immediately leave that country and move your businesses in the EU after the referendum took your country out of the EU. :lol:

You have to appreciate the audacity though. Painting the EU has a bad thing for your country and immediately leave that country and move your businesses in the EU after the referendum took your country out of the EU. :lol:
Are they trolling us? I mean I can understand a billionaire moving to Monaco, or Singapore in Dyson's case, but then just keep your nose out of domestic politics. Really infuriating.

Are they trolling us? I mean I can understand a billionaire moving to Monaco, or Singapore in Dyson's case, but then just keep your nose out of domestic politics. Really infuriating.

I don't know but someone has to ask them because while there is no justification for their actions there has to be an explanation, there is a rational reason behind it. My guess is that they did it for someone in the City and that Brexit's lobbying is only linked to the service industry, if I'm not mistaken both Ratcliffe and Dyson own a lot of market shares, they also both knew that they could easily move themselves and their industrial businesses out of the UK.

I don't know but someone has to ask them because while there is no justification for their actions there has to be an explanation, there is a rational reason behind it. My guess is that they did it for someone in the City and that Brexit's lobbying is only linked to the service industry, if I'm not mistaken both Ratcliffe and Dyson own a lot of market shares, they also both knew that they could easily move themselves and their industrial businesses out of the UK.
Brexit will cost both of them some money if they're moving entire production facilities.
I think it's more that they're of a demographic that is pro-Brexit and have that arrogant, paternalistic do as I say, not as I do Tory outlook tbh.

This one of the insights not everyone understands, or indeed admits, that Brexit has never been about trade/business/economics its always only ever been about politics, sovereignty in particular. The question now is it what price has to be paid for that sovereignty, who will pay it and how will that sovereignty be used in the future? Some might argue that the UK Governments ability to independently approve and introduce the new Covid-19 vaccine as quickly as it has as an example of our new found sovereignty.

Business people however will always do what is best for their business, or they perceive as being best, that will not change with or without Brexit.

This one of the insights not everyone understands, or indeed admits, that Brexit has never been about trade/business/economics its always only ever been about politics, sovereignty in particular. The question now is it what price has to be paid for that sovereignty, who will pay it and how will that sovereignty be used in the future? Some might argue that the UK Governments ability to independently approve and introduce the new Covid-19 vaccine as quickly as it has as an example of our new found sovereignty.

Business people however will always do what is best for their business, or they perceive as being best, that will not change with or without Brexit.

You have no insights, sovereignty has never been lost and there is no price for it.

Already debunked, the vaccine approval was nothing to do with brexit we applied EU emergency rules. I'm sure you must have come across this?

Bull fecking shit.

They can argue it all they want, it would be totally wrong. The EU allows provisions for countries to approve vaccines on an emergency basis if they so wish and distribute it amongst their own populations.

Its a bit like the Turkey joining the EU idea. Every country always had a veto on that (and the UK and many other countries would have veto'd it) but they still repeated it so often, it became almost a fact for some. Not to mention we already have one of the world's largest Turkish diaspora population regardless.

Also this jingoism about the vaccine approval from some in the UK is honestly one of the most baffling things I've seen in the last year or so.

Why are some so proud of approving a vaccine that they had absolutely no role in developing, financing or producing? Even if its true that our procedures are somehow so amazing and unique (they're not), all you've done is said we can use someone else's product. What is there to be proud of there?

You have no insights, sovereignty has never been lost and there is no price for it.
That is exactly what I am saying, the perception about Brexit/Sovereignty has always been wrong!

Already debunked, the vaccine approval was nothing to do with brexit we applied EU emergency rules. I'm sure you must have come across this?

Yes that may well be true, but it doesn't stop Brexiteers arguing the case, as some have been doing lately, that since we are out of the EU we do not need to apply anything, we have our Sovereignty!!

Still trying to justify it eh

as I understand it, the vaccine could be introduced by EU countries whenever they want if the individual nations choose to do so.

Also this jingoism about the vaccine approval from some in the UK is honestly one of the most baffling things I've seen in the last year or so.

Why are some so proud of approving a vaccine that they had absolutely no role in developing, financing or producing? Even if its true that our procedures are somehow so amazing and unique (they're not), all you've done is said we can use someone else's product. What is there to be proud of there?

A british scientist made the same point and he suggested that british politicians were doing a disservice to their scientists by creating a negative image of british and the UK scientific community internationally.

Yeah it's kinda baffling. Pfizer is not a british company. Nor did the UK create the vaccine in the first place.

And not to mention, a lot of those boasting about UK approving the vaccine don't realise that UK doesn't break away from EU until end of Dec. Therefore this was done under EU rules. What were they thinking?

A british scientist made the same point and he suggested that british politicians were doing a disservice to their scientists by creating a negative image of british and the UK scientific community internationally.

That makes total sense to be honest. Certainly the slightly stupid way of talking about it has pushed some of our colleagues and friends in America and Europe to bite back, in a perhaps slightly inappropriate, but understandable way.

A situation where we have scientists or regulators from other countries suggesting our procedures are not rigorous enough is not a good look when you're trying to convince an increasingly vaccine skeptic to take the vaccine.

Just awful all-round.

That is exactly what I am saying, the perception about Brexit/Sovereignty has always been wrong!

The perception hasn't been wrong that's literally what pro brexit politician sold, they used a lie about sovereignty and if you wanted to share some insights you would have told us why they lied because surely you realize that british politicians know perfectly that the UK has always been sovereign.

Because "First is first and second is nowhere" (quote reputedly attributed to Col Custer when asked why he was in a hurry to be first at the Little-bighorn)
The UK government wanted to be first to roll out this vaccine, the press photo shots of the 91 year old lady who was the first to receive it went around the world ... don't you know the UK is now out of the EU and a global player?

Boris is now on a roll, sunlit uplands here we come, according to the UK Government everything positive in 2021 will be due to leaving the EU, everything negative also due to the EU's intransigence or to Covid-19; he can't lose and with an 80 odd seat majority, who knows where he will take us?? :rolleyes:

The perception hasn't been wrong that's literally what pro brexit politician sold, they used a lie about sovereignty and if you wanted to share some insights you would have told us why they lied because surely you realize that british politicians know perfectly that the UK has always been sovereign.

Sovereignty is so great we refused to let half the world have it and still refuse to let Scots have another vote on it :lol:

It's never been about sovereignty because as soon as you have that discussion it turns to "well yeah but the EU has gone too far we needed to get out". Then the next gate is yeah we get benefits but....

It's just people who feel a lack of autonomy who are a bit more racist than they care to admit and who don't like the PC crowd. They think it'll all dissolve away with Brexit and we'll regress to simpler times, they might be right about that.

I got the same message, I often buy from Amazon UK for delivery in Italy. Amazon Italia doesn't have as good a range of things.

It's all very depressing, plus the pound and the euro are virtually the same value now. Ah well, it's better living in Italy than in England, that's for sure.
I love Scotland but you can guarantee that in about thirty years time there's going to be lots of angry locals complaining about a loudmouthed Jock near the Amalfi Coast.

Sovereignty is so great we refused to let half the world have it and still refuse to let Scots have another vote on it :lol:

It's never been about sovereignty because as soon as you have that discussion it turns to "well yeah but the EU has gone too far we needed to get out". Then the next gate is yeah we get benefits but....

It's just people who feel a lack of autonomy who are a bit more racist than they care to admit and who don't like the PC crowd. They think it'll all dissolve away with Brexit and we'll regress to simpler times, they might be right about that.

Which is a reasonable point, I don't share it obviously but the UK and a majority of british voters could reasonably think that the UK shouldn't have similar ambitions to the rest of the EU. Now the irony of the sovereignty talks is that people like Maticmaker then try to sell the idea that the EU is currently being intransigent, EU member states seemingly don't have a right to exercize their own sovereignty and have to give the UK(an outsider) what it wants/deserves.

Because "First is first and second is nowhere" (quote reputedly attributed to Col Custer when asked why he was in a hurry to be first at the Little-bighorn)
A battle which resulted in massive losses to Custer's cavalry, including his own life. How apt.

people like Maticmaker then try to sell the idea that the EU is currently being intransigent,

Oh of course not, perish the thought, the EU intransigent, never been heard of before... I'm not selling anything my friend if the EU had not been so intransigent there would never have been a vote in the UK on Brexit in the first place.

"Hey why did we rush into approving the vaccine?"

"Because Custer rushed in to battle and got him and his men killed."

"Please stop drinking bleach"

"No."

Oh of course not, perish the thought, the EU intransigent, never been heard of before... I'm not selling anything my friend if the EU had not been so intransigent there would never have been a vote in the UK on Brexit in the first place.

The UK were part of the EU and the way you try to separate them while not doing the same for every other member states is the issue. The UK left because they couldn't convince other member states and the latter used their own sovereignty which you interpret as intransigence. It never crossed your mind that your interpretation of the EU's "intransigence" could easily be seen as the UK's refusal to accept that the majority of member states disagreed with them?

The UK were part of the EU and the way you try to separate them while not doing the same for every other member states is the issue. The UK left because they couldn't convince other member states and the latter used their own sovereignty which you interpret as intransigence. It never crossed your mind that your interpretation of the EU's "intransigence" could easily be seen as the UK's refusal to accept that the majority of member states disagreed with them?

Yes, its water under the bridge now, despite what many on here think I did not vote for Brexit, but I understood why people did.
In my generation many recall the that President De Gaulle set the tone, for a long time his response to the UK's application was 'Non' and many believed Edward Heath and his colleagues sold the UK out when we joined. The trouble was the EU concept was never truly accepted in many areas within the UK, perhaps never understood, and De Gaulle's opposition made it difficult for many in the UK to accept, that we did need the EEC as it was then, and they came to need us. According to the British press we seem to constantly be at logger-heads with the EEC, and at one time Jacques Delor also to many seem to go out of his way to make life uncomfortable for the British. I've always taken the view that the EU as an entity and the UK Government, for its own purposes, found it convenient to give the impression they were talking to the back of each others heads.
Opt-outs, rebates, etc. all the other 'bits' we were 'out of' or not fully involved in just serve to widen the gulf. The big mistake was when (ironically two of the biggest Europhiles in Government) Heseltine and Clark stopped/persuaded Thatcher from holding a referendum on the Maastricht Treaty which effectively change the game; had they not done so despite the anti-EU feeling in some quarters in the UK I firmly believe that would have been the defining moment when we where either in or out, both politically and economically and it would a have been the defining victory for remain.

Everything that followed was downhill as far as our involvement in the EU, this aided by Blairs attempts to force us into the euro zone, by adopting the Euro. The buffers were now in place on the track and all it took was Junker to send Cameron away with a flea in his ear, the signals changed, the tracks were moved and the almighty crash loomed. The fat lady will be singing in the not too distant future!

Last edited:
Yes, its water under the bridge now, despite what many on here think I did not vote for Brexit, but I understood why people did.
In my generation many recall the that President De Gaulle set the tone, for a long time his response to the UK's application was 'Non' and many believed Edward Heath and his colleagues sold the UK out when we joined. The trouble was the EU concept was never truly accepted in many areas within the UK, perhaps never understood, and De Gaulle's opposition made it difficult for many in the UK to accept, that we did need the EEC as it was then, and they came to need us. According to the British press we seem to constantly be at logger-heads with the EEC, and at one time Jacques Delor also to many seem to go out of his way to make life uncomfortable for the British. I've always taken the view that the EU as an entity and the UK Government, for its own purposes, found it convenient to give the impression they were talking to the back of each others heads.
Opt-outs, rebates, etc. all the other 'bits' we were 'out of' or not fully involved in just serve to widen the gulf. The big mistake was when (ironically two of the biggest Europhiles in Government) Heseltine and Clark stopped/persuaded Thatcher from holding a referendum on the Maastricht Treaty which effectively change the game; had they not done so despite the anti-EU feeling in some quarters in the UK I firmly believe that would have been the defining moment when we where either in or out, both politically and economically and it would a have been the defining victor for remain.

Everything that followed was downhill as far as our involvement in the EU, this aided by Blairs attempts to force us into the euro zone, by adopting the Euro. The buffers were now in place on the track and all it took was Junker to send Cameron away with a flea in his ear, the signals changed, the tracks were moved and the almighty crash loomed. The fat lady will be singing in the not too distant future!

Two things, you keep doing this EU vs UK as if the UK weren't a member of what is called the EU, you need to realize that without the UK you aren't talking about the EU. The second thing is that the UK were one of the main source when it came to lawmaking in the EU, so your impression was wrong.