Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They will lie, squirm and ultimately, blame covid for the inevitable economic crash.

They can blame Covid for a short period of time, which is responsible for a large number of countries' economic problems but hopefully sometime in 2021 all countries should start recovering their economies assuming vaccines and so on and trying to get back to some sort of normality. But as soon as other countries will start recovering the UK will be plunged into this nightmare which would only be starting to take effect having left the transition period.
Even to the most dimmest Brexiteer it shouldn't take long for them to realise they've been had.

You have to feel bad for the Tories. A decade in power and all the amazing things they've done to make the UK the bestest country in the world have been destroyed by the last Labour government, workshy scroungers on disability benefits, fat people with fags and big TVs, foreigners, the EU, petrol shortages, KFC chicken shortages, the last Labour government, the Leveson Inquiry, Labour councils, Doctors and nurses striking, Corbyn, Corbyn again, swan shortages and, worst of all, that bloody last Labour government.

It's a good thing we went through almost a decade of austerity so we were prepared when the next thing big unforeseen thing came about. But, unfortunately, that unforeseen thing was Covid which, due to being a virus, infects computers and stole every penny of that £350 million a week for the NHS that the big red bus promised us.
I think the EU could've been in there a bit more often. Also, Scotland?

You have to feel bad for the Tories. A decade in power and all the amazing things they've done to make the UK the bestest country in the world have been destroyed by the last Labour government, workshy scroungers on disability benefits, fat people with fags and big TVs, foreigners, the EU, petrol shortages, KFC chicken shortages, the last Labour government, the Leveson Inquiry, Labour councils, Doctors and nurses striking, Corbyn, Corbyn again, swan shortages and, worst of all, that bloody last Labour government.

It's a good thing we went through almost a decade of austerity so we were prepared when the next thing big unforeseen thing came about. But, unfortunately, that unforeseen thing was Covid which, due to being a virus, infects computers and stole every penny of that £350 million a week for the NHS that the big red bus promised us.
Actually, the country is being destroyed by anyone having the audacity to question the Tory policies.

By 2024 they will have legally changed their name to the "NHServatives" while Serco run all hospitals and GP surgeries through subcontracts.

They can blame Covid for a short period of time, which is responsible for a large number of countries' economic problems but hopefully sometime in 2021 all countries should start recovering their economies assuming vaccines and so on and trying to get back to some sort of normality. But as soon as other countries will start recovering the UK will be plunged into this nightmare which would only be starting to take effect having left the transition period.
Even to the most dimmest Brexiteer it shouldn't take long for them to realise they've been had.
There has been too many blatant lies told, and more concerningly believed, for me to think they won't find another lie to cover up the impending Brexit debacle.

How long would any potential agreement take to get through the EU?

It's getting close to the cut off point now?!

What's that???.... is there an echo in here?...don't worry folks your long awaited/predicted 'no deal' Brexit is nearly here... might even come before Christmas, in time for the January Sales may be?

What's that???.... is there an echo in here?...don't worry folks your long awaited/predicted 'no deal' Brexit is nearly here... might even come before Christmas, in time for the January Sales may be?

Presumably as we've been discussing it so long you can by now think of some ideas for how it will be a good thing for the country?

Presumably as we've been discussing it so long you can by now think of some ideas for how it will be a good thing for the country?

The "Will of the People" will prevail... of course the Will of the people can be right or wrong!

Didn’t know you were a big Theresa May fan!

Oh I'm not, she had one golden chance to end it all when she tried three times to get a Bill through Parliament and failed, should have said "well that's it then we can't agree, so I'm falling on my sword and revoking...." whatever it was she could have revoked... its so long ago I've forgotten!

From the moment the result of the referendum was known, it was always going to be a 'no deal' (no matter what both sides said) if there was any Brexit at all, it could not be anything else!

Right, but that's not the answer to the question I asked is it?

Yes it is "the will of the people prevails... right or wrong... that's good for the country, it chastises our politicians, to never again taken major decisions in this manner!

Ah, thanks, was kind of hoping the story was wrong and was spiked, but that was more in hope than expectation.

Given the government's publicly stated willingness to contravene international law, it's a tad naive to expect it to adhere to the recommendations of an advisory food standards board. I think everyone in this thread is well past the point of being surprised by the duplicitousness of this government now tbh.

Where are all the posters who believed we’d get all these fantastic trade deals with EU and other countries?

The Tory MPs are so shortsighted.
Loads of them are up in arms over the next phase of Covid Tiers at the end of the so called Lockdown.
They are demanding economic impact statements from Boris and threatening to vote against the government.

Pity they were not so interested in getting the same level of information regarding Brexit.

What’s the betting that those in favour of Brexit point to the approval in the U.K. of the pfizer vaccine to suggest that look how fast we can make decisions that benefit the population when the country is not tied to EU rules.

What’s the betting that those in favour of Brexit point to the approval in the U.K. of the pfizer vaccine to suggest that look how fast we can make decisions that benefit the population when the country is not tied to EU rules.
Alork Sharma already posted some daft tweets.

And as usual they would be quite wrong. The EU allow national approval of specific drugs and vaccines in the case of emergencies.
And nobody is going to argue that the pandemic is not such an emergency.

All the usual Brexiteers MP coming out with drivel that the vaccine was rolled out quicker because we left the EU which is total bollocks. So desperate for a win as people realise Brexit doesn't have the sunny uplands they were promised. Surely Twitter needs to start looking at misinformation on this side of the Atlantic as well.

All the usual Brexiteers MP coming out with drivel that the vaccine was rolled out quicker because we left the EU which is total bollocks. So desperate for a win as people realise Brexit doesn't have the sunny uplands they were promised. Surely Twitter needs to start looking at misinformation on this side of the Atlantic as well.

I think one of the conditions of being a Brexiteer is that they must never tell the truth.

I have made my views on the madness of leaving the EU pretty clear.
However, I have to say that I do support the UK position that during the negotiations, we should be recognised and treated as a self governing sovereign nation.
For good or bad (certainly the latter), we left the EU almost a year ago and as a result, our status is of being independent.

I have made my views on the madness of leaving the EU pretty clear.
However, I have to say that I do support the UK position that during the negotiations, we should be recognised and treated as a self governing sovereign nation.
For good or bad (certainly the latter), we left the EU almost a year ago and as a result, our status is of being independent.

What made you say that?
The UK has to abide by international law and will be treated the same as any third country by the EU.
If it wants to export products to other countries they have to comply with the regulations of the country they are being exported to, whether it be the EU, China or Vanuatu.

Independence and sovereignty have nothing to do with it.
You use your leverage to get the best possible deal. That is all. It would not be different if we were negotiating with any other nation.

Whats the reason then we dont have approval yet in the eu? Asking as an eu resident.

Whats the reason then we dont have approval yet in the eu? Asking as an eu resident.

No particular reason, the UK used an emergency procedure that also exists in the EU but EU member states have decided to stick to the normal procedure.

What made you say that?
The UK has to abide by international law and will be treated the same as any third country by the EU.
If it wants to export products to other countries they have to comply with the regulations of the country they are being exported to, whether it be the EU, China or Vanuatu.

What made me say that was the reports that apart from the fishing issue, the so called level playing field seems to be the major stumbling block.
My understanding is that the EU does not want the UK to 'profit' from leaving by changing or reducing its standards from that which applied when in the EU. State aid is an example.
Now, I may well not have fully understood that particular point, but my understanding is that the UK are maintaining that they should be treated like any other independent state.

What made me say that was the reports that apart from the fishing issue, the so called level playing field seems to be the major stumbling block.
My understanding is that the EU does not want the UK to 'profit' from leaving by changing or reducing its standards from that which applied when in the EU. State aid is an example.
Now, I may well not have fully understood that particular point, but my understanding is that the UK are maintaining that they should be treated like any other independent state.

That has nothing to do with the independence of the UK, the point of a trade deal is to allow goods/services to cross borders without systematic custom checks. In that context, you want to have a level playing field when you are talking about two sovereign entities, the UK are being treated like any other country, that's what happens with every single deals.

Boris and ursula apparently meeting tomorrow... I do wonder (hope) that these latest negotiation issues are a bit of stage management giving each the opportunity to be the hero (momentarily) and make an agreement at the weekend (before the internal market bill goes back to pariament)
That said i think the French might veto the deal and secretly boris, gove, farrage etc would see that as the perfect scenario... no deal and they get to blame the French

That has nothing to do with the independence of the UK, the point of a trade deal is to allow goods/services to cross borders without systematic custom checks. In that context, you want to have a level playing field when you are talking about two sovereign entities, the UK are being treated like any other country, that's what happens with every single deals.

So why is the level playing field then such a problem?

Boris and ursula apparently meeting tomorrow... I do wonder (hope) that these latest negotiation issues are a bit of stage management giving each the opportunity to be the hero (momentarily) and make an agreement at the weekend (before the internal market bill goes back to pariament)
That said i think the French might veto the deal and secretly boris, gove, farrage etc would see that as the perfect scenario... no deal and they get to blame the French

Rightly so in that case.