Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Polls haven't been particularly accurate in recent years. Your strawman argument for the Tories is not very strong. Too much assumption, Tory bias and arrogance/ignorance. Ironically some of the very same attributes that are wrong with the Tory government.

Tory bias? I've literally called them shite, just not as shite as some others

That's some weird bias to be fair.

Frankly there aren't any MPs who really impress me on a national stage. My local MP is fine, he's a decent guy who works hard for the area so my vote will be based on my locality when the next GE arrives.

I’d settle for competent at this point, if it improved the chances of kicking the Tories out. A low bar, I know, but presumably one that should be easier to clear.
I may be confusing you with someone else but aren’t you a Tory voter?

This keeps popping up on my recommendations on youtube. Thought I'd give it a watch. Apologies if posted before.

(I'd recommend 1.5x speed to save valuable minutes)

I've never really heard Cummings speak before nor particularly know much about him other than recent media articles.
This video is from just after the 2017 election, just for context. He came across as shamelessly self-aggradising, but his speech is interesting and worth a watch whichever side of the brexit divide you sit.

He emphasises vote leave's clear messaging and the use, in particular, of the then current issues of Greek financial problems and mass migration. There's probably nothing in there that we haven't already talked about ad nauseam on here. But it does strike me how a decision with such repercussions, was won by a few well timed slogans. Also, truth doesn't appear to have got in the way of their campaign, nor does it appear to matter now.

The Lib Dems seem more of a PR firm than a Party recently.

Is there more ex Tories than actual lib Dems now in the lib Dems? Maybe a name change to ConDems?

Conservative minister obstructs progression of gay pardon law

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/oct/21/chris-bryant-commons-plea-gay-pardon-law

Another gay hating homophobe added to the list for the ''liberal'' party.

Should be pointed out that the reason for the filibuster was that the government was introducing their own bill with a slightly modified version of the Turing Bill, which Gymiah supported and as far as I can tell, his record on gay rights is spotless: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24789/sam_gyimah/east_surrey/divisions?policy=826

There are much better things to take issue with him for, his stance on welfare (standard Tory stuff) being the most obvious.

Should be pointed out that the reason for the filibuster was that the government was introducing their own bill with a slightly modified version of the Turing Bill, which Gymiah supported and as far as I can tell, his record on gay rights is spotless: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24789/sam_gyimah/east_surrey/divisions?policy=826

It's beyond gross that he would filibuster like this to score pointless political points.

There are much better things to take issue with him for, his stance on welfare (standard Tory stuff) being the most obvious.
His stance on welfare will be seen as a positive for most lib dem voters.

It's beyond gross that he would filibuster like this to score pointless political points.
Maybe but from memory the government's position actually made a degree of sense on this subject, I believe the objection was over a blanket pardon potentially leading to people being pardoned despite their actions still being illegal. Like I said, I'm not defending him as an MP, I happily voted against him in the last general election and will likely do so at the next election due to his appalling record on welfare but I don't think labelling him as a "gay hating homophobe" is at all fair. Basically, he's a standard Tory prick, not a homophobe.

So she's putting her party ahead of country?

The question doesn't logically follow from the post you quoted. Try again.

Do you think she believes the rubbish she's spouting in the article below?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/lib-dem-leader-jo-swinson-20054751

I don't know. Politicians in general talk a lot of rubbish and she's no exception. Perhaps she's overconfident or perhaps she's posturing. Matters little.

Conservative minister obstructs progression of gay pardon law

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/oct/21/chris-bryant-commons-plea-gay-pardon-law

Another gay hating homophobe added to the list for the ''liberal'' party.

:lol: Not half as hateful and slanderous as you guys. You need to do better with your propaganda, you're slacking.

CHkMzQI.png

I for one am I delighted he's joined the Lib Dems. Certainly much more of a Liberal than Phillip Lee or Angela Smith

Maybe but from memory the government's position actually made a degree of sense on this subject, I believe the objection was over a blanket pardon potentially leading to people being pardoned despite their actions still being illegal. Like I said, I'm not defending him as an MP, I happily voted against him in the last general election and will likely do so at the next election due to his appalling record on welfare but I don't think labelling him as a "gay hating homophobe" is at all fair. Basically, he's a standard Tory prick, not a homophobe.
Worth clicking the Guardian link as it has a video of Labour MP explaining the issues with the governments bill. Also

More controversially, this means that it would also not pardon men who were arrested in public toilets, as they would today be guilty of the offence of "sexual activity in a public lavatory".

and

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48751928

And yes there was potential problems with the SNP bill(I think) but
filibustering like that is again beyond gross(Although I know your not defending that)

Did you forget to crop the bottom two off?

D'oh!

Last edited:
I haven't graduated from the Goebbels school of propaganda like you guys. I like to give the full picture and people can go read and find more if they want.
Me and my Goebbels like habit of pointing out how much I dislike the voting records of people with shit voting records. Including in the party I'll probably be voting for.

I haven't graduated from the Goebbels school of propaganda like you guys. I like to give the full picture and people can go read and find more if they want.
So I'm guessing the name Mad Mike was given to you rather than something you've pick for yourself.

This joke will never get old.

Last edited:
Worth clicking the Guardian link as it has a video of Labour MP explaining the issues with the governments bill. Also

and

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48751928

And yes there was potential problems with the SNP bill(I think) but
filibustering like that is again beyond gross(Although I know your not defending that)

D'oh!
Yeah, that video was helpful and the public place stuff is a pretty big oversight in the government bill, cheers.

Tory bias? I've literally called them shite, just not as shite as some others

That's some weird bias to be fair.

Frankly there aren't any MPs who really impress me on a national stage. My local MP is fine, he's a decent guy who works hard for the area so my vote will be based on my locality when the next GE arrives.

It's pretty clear bias yes, the fact you can't even see it just reaffirms that is what it is.

The Tories have presided over the worst period in British politics in our lifetimes. The country is completely divided and nobody knows what the future holds. Your take: well they're all shit but the Tories are the best of a bad bunch. It's nonsensical.

It's pretty clear bias yes, the fact you can't even see it just reaffirms that is what it is.

The Tories have presided over the worst period in British politics in our lifetimes. The country is completely divided and nobody knows what the future holds. Your take: well they're all shit but the Tories are the best of a bad bunch. It's nonsensical.
This entire situation is the tories fault. No if buts or maybes. They made all this happen.

Useless plebs.

It's got nothing in common with Greece. Greece was in the Euro and UK is not.
These guys have been probably paid by lots of foreign interests including US and russian but for different reasons.
Getting out of the EU gives nothing positive to the UK.
As for the Corbyn bashing, exactly what subjects is he wrong on?
He doesn't like wars, doesn't like tax break for the rich, wants to improve NHS and public infrastructure including transport, reduce university fees etc. Everything that the public really needs.
So what is wrong with that?

The three are Andrew Lansley (Lord), Peter Lilley and Andrew Mitchell.

I was right of my dislike of Gove, Patel, and Johnson in my post a few weeks back. New revelations from Cameron justifies my dislike even further.
I despise Patel. Lies without remorse.

As for the Corbyn bashing, exactly what subjects is he wrong on?
He doesn't like wars, doesn't like tax break for the rich, wants to improve NHS and public infrastructure including transport, reduce university fees etc. Everything that the public really needs.
So what is wrong with that?

You sweet summer child...

Nothing wrong with those objectives, apart from the obvious question of how is it all going to be paid for. Although those are not strictly Corbyn policies at all. Those are just historic Labour policies and also partially the policy of other parties. For example the Tories have also long had policies about improving infrastructure (HS2, Crossrail, Heathrow expansion etc.). Lib Dems have had a longer and far more vocal policy about reducing university fees than Labour can lay claim to (spare me the lecture about what they voted while in coalition with Tories. Labour neither campaigned for that, nor did they pledge to reverse it. They just objected from the safety of being in opposition).

Some Corbyn well known wealth redistribution policies are:
- 10% of private firm equity to be transferred to the employees. That’s some £300bn just off stock exchange listed firms.
- Right-to-buy for tenants of private landlords, at prices determined by the state. As well as rent controls.
- National maximum wage.
- Renationalisation of both the transportation and energy sectors. Paid for by bonds issued at prices and yields the govt decides. (Basically state theft)
- Companies to pay extra levies (aside from taxes and NIC) for employees earning more than X. With X to be determined but rumoured to be in the region of 250k-350k
- Ban in unpaid internships.

On top of hikes on taxes to individuals, corporations, landlords etc. And of course all of that on the back of Brexit which he supports because how else will he be able to dish state aid to failing firms under EU laws?

Last edited:
I swear publishers often sign famous people just for the perceived coup, all the while knowing they'll make a loss.
They must do- the public's perception of prime ministers does not seem to age well, so not sure about them delaying Cameron's book.
Plus the thing coming out at the same time as Margaret Atwood's has been unfortunate, given the genuine swell of interest in the latter.

They must do- the public's perception of prime ministers does not seem to age well, so not sure about them delaying Cameron's book.
Plus the thing coming out at the same time as Margaret Atwood's has been unfortunate, given the genuine swell of interest in the latter.

Thought the piece about his son Ivan was very moving. I may disagree with his politics and he deserves to shoulder blame for the turmoil he helped unleash, but nobody deserves the pain of losing a child.

Thought the piece about his son Ivan was very moving. I may disagree with his politics and he deserves to shoulder blame for the turmoil he helped unleash, but nobody deserves the pain of losing a child.
Definitely and it was decent of Brown to close parliament the next day.

The fact it took him weeks to get a convo with Obama about Libya speaks volumes about Cameron and the UK's standing.

You sweet summer child...

Nothing wrong with those objectives, apart from the obvious question of how is it all going to be paid for. Although those are not strictly Corbyn policies at all. Those are just historic Labour policies and also partially the policy of other parties. For example the Tories have also long had policies about improving infrastructure (HS2, Crossrail, Heathrow expansion etc.). Lib Dems have had a longer and far more vocal policy about reducing university fees than Labour can lay claim to (spare me the lecture about what they voted while in coalition with Tories. Labour neither campaigned for that, nor did they pledge to reverse it. They just objected from the safety of being in opposition).

Some Corbyn well known wealth redistribution policies are:
- 10% of private firm equity to be transferred to the employees. That’s some £300bn just off stock exchange listed firms.
- Right-to-buy for tenants of private landlords, at prices determined by the state. As well as rent controls.
- National maximum wage.
- Renationalisation of both the transportation and energy sectors. Paid for by bonds issued at prices and yields the govt decides. (Basically state theft)
- Companies to pay extra levies (aside from taxes and NIC) for employees earning more than X. With X to be determined but rumoured to be in the region of 250k-350k
- Ban in unpaid internships.

On top of hikes on taxes to individuals, corporations, landlords etc. And of course all of that on the back of Brexit which he supports because how else will he be able to dish state aid to failing firms under EU laws?
What will be the plan for keeping those companies registered in the uk? Obvious question so I assume there’s an obvious answer