Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It might aid the 'moving on' if Irish people weren't obliged to wait 50 years for the potential prosecution of murdering soldiers.

Many people have got away with a great deal over Ireland. Hopefully one day all face justice but it won't happen.

Many people have got away with a great deal over Ireland. Hopefully one day all face justice but it won't happen.
we-only-need-to-be-lucky-once-you-need-to-31122043.png

Well well, that was unexpected....

I still think it will be struck down by the Supreme court but it's now interesting. Even if they strike it down but note in their full reasoning that it was an abuse of power, he's pretty fecked.

I only really see impeachment or resignation now.

Wales voted to leave and voted in two Brexit party MEPS this year out of four.

If they don't want to be dragged down into the mire with England they should stop voting for English feckwits.
Yes, they could vote leave under English feckwits, or vote remain under English feckwits.

It's their own fault. :D

Was reading the Daily Mail comments for a laugh and a few people using the term "Drain the swamp".... But someone from Sunderland used it and a reply was "you're from Sunderland for feck sake" :lol:
DM comment section going apeshit.

EEL2BzSWwAAso_m.jpg

No I'm not suggesting that at all. How can you possibly divulge that from what I said.

The only sensible solution here is to ensure that NI doesn't get pulled out of the GFA. There should simply not be a future scenario where in order for that to happen, they have to switch countries, it's madness.

There is no better arrangement for anyone than the current one and that's why all this stuff happening that could potentially break that is so fecking stupid.
The current one is as good as dead thanks to Brexit though. That horse has bolted.
The people of Northen Ireland are being silenced here, it doesn't sit right with me that they can't have a voice be it a vote on reunification, sea border etc.
The south of Ireland is as bad as the rest of them in terms of following parties and outdated political lines, it's basically a yes to reunification with us despite what the projected financial implications would be.
It'll follow the same thought process as Brexit.

Depends on your political opinions of course, for me I'm a natural leave voter for reasons such as:
  • A significantly reduction in industry red-tape, which is underwritten by EU law. This would reduce business costs significantly at little real world cost
  • A reduction in pointless barriers solely designed to protect EU industries (the typical example is chlorinated chicken) but there are others preventing the importing of perfectly good produce via protectionist standards that
  • Tariff free trading with the rest of the planet for everything. As a nation with a small manufacturing industry external tariffs on the rest of the world are counter productive and keep prices artificially high. The current external tariffs are designed to protect the manufacturing nations in the EU but it is somewhat at the expense of the non-manufacturing nations.
  • If we accept that as a country the UK population does not want net immigration into six figures, I'd prefer this amount be hand picked dependant on what the country requires. If we are short on Doctors I'd prefer we "import" an Indian Doctor over a Hungarian Receptionist
  • Governing with consent. The further away from a location that decisions are made the less chance that these decisions are being made in the interests of the people in that area. Laws, regulations, rules and standards that have to be made taking in consideration 28 member states can never be in the specific interests of every country, let alone every region
  • Democracy. Irrespective of the ability to vote in MEP's (low turnout anyway) or the potential to veto, the system in general is not particularly democratic. Just like I'd like to replace the House of Lords and change the voting system in the UK to be more democratic; I also believe the EU needs huge reforms that I just don't believe will ever be enacted, given the disassociation of the EU from the people it supposedly represents (this is true of Westminster to a lesser degree)
  • The difference in values across EU nations. I can't see how a political union can be possible whereby you have nations with such divergent values and beliefs. It's hard enough trying to run a country with the values of people in the South compared with the values of those in the North (I believe in far more regional powers); let alone trying to run a union with countries as liberal as Sweden alongside countries on the other side of the spectrum such as Hungary
  • The future. Ultimately I believe the EU will have to harmonise tax laws. For someone who believes in the Singapore model on tax policy my view is the EU model of high taxation will ultimately make all citizens poorer.
  • Prosperity of the third world. Not penalising the third world in terms of trade is the key method in my view of reducing world poverty and equalising prosperity. I believe the EU has blood on their hands in feathering the nest of their own wealthy countries at the expense of far poorer African, Asian & South American countries.
  • Subsidy. If you believe that the EU is great for all members, then why do the members not get out what they put in? Why should the UK pay more in that it receives out if the union is mutually beneficial? I find it difficult to understand money London generates being used to pay for Scottish infrastructure... Let alone Slovenian (and if Slovenia why not Somalia?)

However I also am aware that the benefits are somewhat theoretical and also economically difficult in the short term. It's dependant on whether we elected the kind of government that would (enact some or all) slash red-tape, reduce regulations, slash taxes, ensure full tariff free trade across the planet (even at the short term politically uncomfortable expense of some UK industry), enact policies allowing greater regional powers and/or promoting the purchasing of goods from poorer continents. However it's easier to elect that kind of government in the UK than it is to not only elect that government in the UK, but also then need to have your government successfully lobby it within the EU.

Truthfully though I'm somewhat sick of it all at this point.

Would you say what your occupation is?

That's true and to a degree, fair.

However said people should remember that another European Nation inflicted far more damage to other European nations and the continent has managed to move on.

There comes a time where it's time to move on and anything else is just self justification for violence.

Hopefully one day that day does come, though it likely won't be in our lifetimes.
in 2019 you are still fecking over the Irish and use them for your end.
When do we start moving on? When they have no more use for Ireland?
Tearing up the GFA doesn't fall under the banner of a simple excuse ffs.

Back to the court case. How does jurisdiction work with Scottish courts?

It's a court of the United Kingdom. That should give you a clue.

The current one is as good as dead thanks to Brexit though. That horse has bolted.
The people of Northen Ireland are being silenced here, it doesn't sit right with me that they can't have a voice be it a vote on reunification, sea border etc.
The south of Ireland is as bad as the rest of them in terms of following parties and outdated political lines, it's basically a yes to reunification with us despite what the projected financial implications would be.
It'll follow the same thought process as Brexit.

Yep, it's crazy. Even crazier that the DUP are the representatives of the 'Northern Irish people' in parliament. I don't know much about Irish issues, but think if the GFA breaks down, reunification is perhaps inevitable. It would be horribly painful economically though. Who knows if Ireland can even afford it.

in 2019 you are still fecking over the Irish and use them for your end.
When do we start moving on? When they have no more use for Ireland?
Tearing up the GFA doesn't fall under the banner of a simple excuse ffs.

He's not worth responding to really, though I bit. He described the Irish troubles a couple of pages ago to 'a few dickhead terrorists.' And that No deal shouldn't be predicated upon bending to their will. Or something like that.

Yep, it's crazy. Even crazier that the DUP are the representatives of the 'Northern Irish people' in parliament. I don't know much about Irish issues, but think if the GFA breaks down, reunification is perhaps inevitable. It would be horribly painful economically though. Who knows if Ireland can even afford it.

It doesn't, Scottish courts don't always have jurisdiction over the UK. It's a very complex system due to the varying laws between UK members.

DM comment section going apeshit.

EEL2BzSWwAAso_m.jpg

Is he trying to say we can't be sure if Boris told the queen that it was just to block remainers or not therefore it can't be illegal.

Not sure he's thought this through.

And then there's this today too.....

I'm not sure i buy those numbers, obviously it's just a poll but 98% of nationalists seems high.

I assume by nationalists they mean anyone from a nationalist background. In which case i know plenty of people who don't think a United Ireland makes sense any time soon or are undecided.

There'll be a United Ireland one day but i don't think we're ready for it yet, ideally it needs another generation or two to get rid of some of the bitterness and extremists.

It doesn't, Scottish courts don't always have jurisdiction over the UK. It's a very complex system due to the varying laws between UK members.

I repeat. The court which passed judgement is a court of the United Kingdom. The court in question was the [Inner house of the] Court of Session.

I'm sure we would receive some tax breaks or sweetheart foreign deals etc that would help the transition.
Anyway, it won't happen for a few decades at least. Allow the older DUP mindset to die out, let the horror of being a whipping boy of Brexit to take effect and then push for a vote.

He's not worth responding to really, though I bit. He described the Irish troubles a couple of pages ago to 'a few dickhead terrorists.' And that No deal shouldn't be predicated upon bending to their will. Or something like that.

If you could stop lying, that would be great.

I'm not sure i buy those numbers, obviously it's just a poll but 98% of nationalists seems high.

I assume by nationalists they mean anyone from a nationalist background. In which case i know plenty of people who don't think a United Ireland makes sense any time soon or are undecided.

There'll be a United Ireland one day but i don't think we're ready for it yet, ideally it needs another generation or two to get rid of some of the bitterness and extremists.

Thats very naive I'm afraid.

I repeat. The court which passed judgement is a court of the United Kingdom. The court in question was the [Inner house of the] Court of Session.

If you don't know, which you clearly don't, then don't answer. Thank you.

I'm sure we would receive some tax breaks or sweetheart foreign deals etc that would help the transition.
Anyway, it won't happen for a few decades at least. Allow the older DUP mindset to die out, let the horror of being a whipping boy of Brexit to take effect and then push for a vote.

It wont.

It's very complex owlo.

I missed the news today. What was the reason given by the court ? (In layman's terms if possible)

Also whats the next thing Boris could possible lose? (Court case, HOC vote, etc. I think theres some safe money to be made betting against him now :D)

I missed the news today. What was the reason given by the court ? (In layman's terms if possible)

Also whats the next thing Boris could possible lose? (Court case, HOC vote, etc. I think theres some safe money to be made betting against him now :D)

Hopefully an election?

It'll dilute with the aging vote though. Every generation coming through has more and more catholics or voters who are open to reunification which is why the recent poll has reunification at 51 percent. Give that a generation or two and it will only rise as it has been doing.
I'll also add the other side is just as bad, it just doesn't have its central base on older voters.

It'll dilute with the aging vote though. Every generation coming through has more and more catholics or voters who are open to reunification which is why the recent poll has reunification at 51 percent. Give that a generation or two and it will only rise as it has been doing.
I'll also add the other side is just as bad, it just doesn't have its central base on older voters.

I get what you are saying but the 'DUP thinking' will just move onto the next generation (a minority of course but then in reality those who really agree with the DUP are already a minority - they just have a lot of influence). Every year I hope this will be the year the DUP get what they deserve but it's just the same old shit again.

Decisions in Scottish cases are binding on all Scottish civil courts. Decisions in cases from other parts of the UK may be persuasive where the law is substantially the same.

I found this on the Scottish Parliament site. How does the law compare?

If you don't know, which you clearly don't, then don't answer. Thank you.

Unsure if you're being deliberately obtuse here or are just absolutely clueless yet running your mouth. I suspect the former, but will explain as if it's the latter and you are some toddler that is incapable of using google.

The Scottish courts are split into 2 sections. Ditto to tribunals. One handles Scottish matters, and the other (Under the authority of the Court of Session) matters for the whole UK. These decisions can be appealed to the Court of session. They can then be appealed to the UK supreme court if the court allows leave to appeal. I'll even draw you a nice 'WensleyMU friendly chart.'

9084f31619826272e4d2749c530bff1f-full.png

Unsure if you're being deliberately obtuse here or are just absolutely clueless yet running your mouth. I suspect the former, but will explain as if it's the latter and you are some toddler that is incapable of using google.

The Scottish courts are split into 2 sections. Ditto to tribunals. One handles Scottish matters, and the other (Under the authority of the Court of Session) matters for the whole UK. These decisions can be appealed to the Court of session. They can then be appealed to the UK supreme court if the court allows leave to appeal. I'll even draw you a nice 'WensleyMU friendly chart.'

:lol:

I thought someone else had already said it was lawful:confused:

Yes, the Outer House [Initial court] - This was the appeal to that in the Inner house of the court of session. (Think of the outer house as the high court, and the inner as the court of appeal. Not 100% analogous, but good enough for this!)

It will now go to the Supreme Court.